I've been reading posts from people who really want to go to AS (and other industry conferences), but are not big fans of large public gatherings. Likewise, I've read a few posts from 1st Time Attendees that seemed to have been very overwhelmed by the AS Experience, and left with a bit of a sour taste in their mouths.

This was my 2nd time attending AS and I think it was better than the previous year; it certainly drew a larger crowd. While there, I noticed many things I liked and only a couple of things that I felt could be improved. Regardless, I think that conferences are what you make of them. There will always be the good and the bad, but it's what you do with your time while you are there that matters the most.

I really believe that these conferences, if attended correctly, are very well worth the investment to attend for newbies and seasoned professionals. Here are a few survival tips anybody can use to help them get the most out of the next AS, or any other conference for that matter.

Conference Survival Tips:
  • Attend the breakout sessions that can have an impact on your business, not just the ones you think might be cool to attend.
  • There are always more fruitful networking opportunities beyond the posh evening parties.
  • Don't be afraid to strike up a conversation with the people sitting next to you; you never know who you might meet.
  • Listen to the panelists' presentations with an open mind. You might just learn something new.
  • Participate in the discussion. Sharing your experiences will encourage others to share their experiences. By doing so, you stand a better chance to learn something new, gain new perspective and insight, or generate a new idea for your business.

- Eric
SpeedyPin.com Phone Cards

p.s. We are still running a $40 Signup Bonus for ASW Attendees (New Affiliates Only). If interested in learning more PM me or send an email to me.