need some advice on traffic suppliers
    I'm looking for a provider who has a system that functions much like chokertraffic.com

how this site works is they can guarantee you a certain hourly amount (example 40 hourly) and you can choose a specific niche to target this traffic to. Also they have a force option so you can control how much traffic flows into your site hourly, you can set a limit of say 10 hits of out 40 guaranteed hourly, and you'll only receive 10 hits to your site hourly.

I need this, and I need it bad

unfortunately choker is only for adult, so I'm looking to find anyone that can recommend a good source of traffic where I can control the flow of it and get guaranteed hits. It can't be GPT or pop up traffic either... Full page ads traffic is ok though.

Thanks!

All such sites are useless.
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    All such sites are useless.
    I'd disagree, unless the traffic was useless.

Don't assume because I'm new to THIS forum, I don't know what I'm doing. You'll find yourself sorely mistaken.

I know I've heard of some kind of tools before for traffic moderation, don't recall the names of these tools, I think they're like for keeping a eye on your traffic and I think they also can spread out your traffic among multiple sites... wish I knew the name

anyways, I'm looking for junk traffic, so it doesn't matter much to me whether they're 'useful' in your terms anyhow

any helpful posts coming my way please?

Why would you want junk traffic?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Why would you want junk traffic?
    Too increase my hits. do you have any ideas of what I'm looking for?

not only junk traffic but links from sites that will take your seo down the drain.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yourticket
    Too increase my hits. do you have any ideas of what I'm looking for?
    You are looking for EASY while at the same time you are looking for something that's ineffective.

So why do you want more hits?
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

you guys are doing exactly what they talked about at the summit.

flaming me. You don't want to help don't... but most likely you couldn't anyways

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    *Yawn*

How is telling you how to do something thats a waste of time helpful?

Quote Originally Posted by ProWebAddict
    *Yawn*

How is telling you how to do something thats a waste of time helpful?
    Its not a waste of time to me. I know how to get effective traffic on my own.

obviously you can't help me here....

I know I've heard of some kind of tools before for traffic moderation, don't recall the names of these tools, I think they're like for keeping a eye on your traffic and I think they also can spread out your traffic among multiple sites... wish I knew the name
    Hey yourticket,

Are you looking for a load balancing type solution? Which spreads out traffic to different machines on a hardware or software level?

by junk traffic all I mean is it doesn't need to be very specific, I'd like it to be country specific, but it needs to be real people, not fake traffic.

I see alot of sites and I just don't trust them, I bet they use gpt traffic and pop up traffic.

I can deal with full page traffic, that works, but my primary concern is I need to be able to control the amount of traffic that rolls in hourly.

I've been using adbrite and paying .001 for full page ads (make $60 on a $10 campaign, I know suprised me even), my only issue is I can't control how many hits I get hourly with adbrite

Quote Originally Posted by buyjewelry
    Hey yourticket,

Are you looking for a load balancing type solution? Which spreads out traffic to different machines on a hardware or software level?
    lol, I think your close... I just don't understand alot of what you said

I'm looking for a tool to control how much traffic comes to my site hourly... however this is possible I'm in on it

you guys are doing exactly what they talked about at the summit. flaming me.
    So THIS is what flaming is!?!

I like as much traffic as I can get. No throttling! Why do you want to cap traffic? A lot of visitors will be getting timeout errors...
    Last edited by Boomers; February 28th, 2008 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    So THIS is what flaming is!?!

I like as much traffic as I can get. No throttling! Why do you want to cap traffic? A lot of visitors will be getting timeout errors...
    they won't get timeout errors if the traffic supplier only sends me whatever amount I requested.

It doesn't seem like anyone really supplies this kind of service

so I move on like a birdy....

Something is funky here. If you make $60 off $10 investment, and your hardware supports it, and you make $.. then why throttle it back, you should get more hardware, and invest $1000 or more and make boatloads of money.

anyways, I'm looking for junk traffic, so it doesn't matter much to me whether they're 'useful' in your terms anyhow
    I'm sure I could send you exact hit counts per hour on US IPs and even toss in a guaranteed length of session, but why? You may know your stuff, but looking for junk traffic without explanation is bound to elicit exactly the responses you've gotten.

Seriously, why would you want a moderated flow of real, but junk traffic coming through? You're padding some numbers, but what numbers and why? It's like if I asked how to cycle through a bunch of random IPs for my outbound connection. The question forces speculation. Why does that surprise you?

Sorry, not trying to accuse you of anything, it's just that the nature of the question and the traffic sources you bring up raises red flags for me. More details about what and why might help, but you're still likely to see some aggressive question marks...
    Eathan Mertz

Black Cat Mining - Gold Prospecting & Rockhounding Equipment

No Longer Banned!
    The key top junk traffic.....
    Hi

The best place for junk Traffic is I Need Hits Dot Com. You'll get all the crap traffic you can pay for.

Pop Ups, Pop Unders, the whole bit.

I should mention that this will not get you any real long term income. Haiko and I began talking about this at the very last class at the summit.

Your hit counter will turn faster than the wheels on a Ferrari.

I hope this helps.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

I simply do not believe that someone can get a 500% ROI from "guaranteed" traffic.

I've had clients who foolishly devoted a lot of energy and money to these "guaranteed traffic" services, and who analyzed the results and found that the ROI was extremely negative. In other words, contrary to the example given here of a $60 return on each $10 spent, my clients found that the results were more like one penny returned for each $10 spent.

Please don't get distracted by the wording in Steve's post (just above this one), in which he writes that this strategy won't develop "long term" income; the implication is that it might generate "short term" income, and I don't believe that this is true, either.

"Full page ads" means "pop-under pages," which means that your web site (ad) is being opened in a new window that the user DOES NOT SEE until they exit the current window or notice and click on the new window in the task bar. Most users view this as abusive, spammy, and unwanted. They associate such advertisers with the worst scum online (malware, etc.) and thus a "negative brand experience" is being purchased.

I had the opportunity to review one client's log files that included one of these campaigns, and the traffic distribution was extremely unusual, almost certainly reflecting many virus-infected and hijacked "zombie" computers instead of real people.

I certainly can understand why someone (who incorrectly perceived some value in such traffic) would want this kind of traffic "throttled," not just to avoid sudden loads on a server but also to insure that a full day's "guaranteed traffic" isn't dumped at 1:18 a.m. when ROI is worst in most advertising categories. And, as others have mentioned, it might be one way to conduct "load testing," though I think it would be far too crude a measure to be useful. But again, it makes little sense when your ad is "dumped," as it's worthless traffic that generates negative branding.

I wish I could believe that it's possible to generate $60 return from every $10 spent on "guaranteed traffic," but I certainly do not believe it.

Quite frankly, the main reason I could see someone (who KNOWS what this traffic really is) buying this kind of "throttled, guaranteed traffic" is fraud: a consultant or agency (web developer, marketing consultant, ad agency, SEO, etc.) might use this kind of traffic to create the FALSE impression that their work is driving legitimate traffic to the client's site. Certainly, this could provide a nice positive ROI for the consultant or agency, if they could persuade the client that valuable traffic has been generated, but it's still fraud.

Nobody needs hits.

I'm looking for junk traffic, so it doesn't matter much to me whether they're 'useful' in your terms anyhow
    He must have taken a wrong turn at the street sign ←AWW ABW→

If a person refuses to explain their reasoning, obviously there is something shady in their method. I think Mark could have hit it on the head. It really sounds like yourticket is padding a site with traffic to make it look more successful than it really is. Ok, but that doesn't make sense if he wants to throttle the traffic. (Still confused)

so I move on like a birdy....
    Sounds like he's flying the coop. Goodbye yourticket.

Quote Originally Posted by Boomers
    Ok, but that doesn't make sense if he wants to throttle the traffic. (Still confused)
    Sure it does. Think about what Mark said above. If all of the traffic hits at the same time it would be very hard to convince a client that it was the natural result of SEO efforts. By throttling the traffic it could be made to appear more realistic and even made to closely match a sites legitimate traffic patterns.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Good point rematt...

No Longer Banned!
    Shit Traffic Inc.
    Mark

To be honest, I made money. I made roughly 1% of what I spent. Not much more.

In reality, I did this cuz I was stupid and I was guaranteed traffic as opposed to those who stuck their hand out asking me for money and not answering my questions. ~ I strongly advise against using this service.

I was also too stupid to see that I was being suckered. I simply thought I was not making a real living cuz my site sucked. {It did, real bad}. So I used them for years. I am an ABW member now and Haiko has changed my world plus I hired a guy. I am learning here.

Pop unders damage your reputation, Mark is correct. Long term strictly refers to that. It implies nothing more {Sorry there Mark}.

I was told it was a Miracle I made anything at all and you should realise that the damage to your brand is not worth the amount spent.

If you spent 200,000 USD at I need hits, you may get lucky and recover 6,000 USD out of that. This would be your commission check. In reality, you'd recover more like 2500 USD.

Haiko asked me why dishonest unscrupulous people piss me off. Now you know. ~ It's such a waste.

This is why I asked Haiko for help. To avoid this crap in the future.

I strongly suggest you rethink using Shit Traffic Inc.

I hope this contributes to the Community a little.

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; February 29th, 2008 at 01:26 PM. Reason: My Texas Grammar Sucks....
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread