Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    I'm so glad I got to meet....
    (All the good topics were already started - LOL)

ConnieBerg!

No, not my first time, we've known each other a long time, but I generally put on my "Billy Kay" persona in public, and she puts on her Flamingo persona

This is the first time we got to talk as non-cartoon characters.

FYI: She has a soft side!!! Just don't tell anyone. ooops

Outsourced Program Manager Stephanie Harris's Avatar
    Haiko and Beachy! Also, got to meet our newest team member Kevin!!(yes - we'd been working together for months but as part of a remote team, hadn't met him before Summit). I have a ton more people I met for the first time so I'm sure I'll keep adding to this.
    Stephanie Harris
    Schaaf Consulting
    p/f: 323.386.2338
    AIM: stephschaafco
    www.schaafco.com | stephanie@schaafco.com
    Our Programs: Baby Catalog | Blue Bee | Constant Contact | CourseSmart | ForMeToCoupon | Homestead | InTheSwim | Ipsos Survey Panel | LightInTheBox.com | Moosejaw | Mrs. Prindables | Payless ShoeSource | simply youth ministry | SnagAJob.com | Specialty Pool Products

Haiko, Billy Kay, Beachy, Rolet, Donuts (whom I met briefly in Orlando in '06, but still), and a dozen others. If I didn't name a name, don't take it personally
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

I was very happy to finally meet Gary from Avantlink. If you haven't had a chance to talk to Gary you should.

I enjoyed meeting Gary also.

It's easy to see where the integrity and affiliate-friendly reputation of his network comes from.

I enjoyed meeting everyone, even Billy's and Vinny's attempt at growing their hair long.
    Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

It was great meeting Sue again! I want to say a big thank you to you for the awesome chocolates! I shared them with people in the office.

Jamie
    Affiliate Manager
    Share Results Affiliate Network
    Join the Share Results Affiliate Network today! [URL=http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php]http://www.shareresults.com/ai_affiliatesignup1.php [/URL]
    e. jamie@shareresults.com
    t. 514-849-8595
    www.shareresults.com

I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world. - Muhammad Ali

I'm so glad I was finally able to meet, in person, Haiko and Michael Littleton. I've had many, many communications with them over the years but never face to face. Both every bit the gentlemen that they come across as in our communications.
    Ron Bechdolt | Affiliate Program Management Consultant
    7 Days A Week Marketing

Affiliate Manager
    Way to many to mention but here's a starter list:

Haiko - Very friendly person and not sure why people are afraid or would have any apprehensions about meeting him.

Coley - We had a great conversation and wish I could have put my meet market table traffic on hold so we weren't interrupted.

Tim Storm - Picked a great steak place for our charity dinner.

Our neighbors at the Meet Market from Sears and all the guys from MagazineDiscountCenter

All of our current and soon to be new partners who may or may not want to be mentioned here.

All of the ABW'ers who stopped by to say hi even if they weren't doing anything in our industry.

Michael Coley! It was a great dinner - with alot of great information. Thanks again Michael!
    Paula
    Affiliate Manager
    Avanquest Software
    720-251-4144
    [email=pcarlsen@avanquest.com]pcarlsen@avanquest.com[/email]

For me -

Billy Kay - he is the STUD
    Rollerblader - spend way too much time on the phone with him
    HecticDMC - Roulette buddies for life
    Penguin Lady - JGoody ROCKS!!!!!!!! happy to have shared burger king with
    Rexanne - as cool in person as I expected
    Beachy - I love you!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haiko - the best energy in the world
    Flamingoworld - because what happens in the bathrooms in Vegas stays in the bathrooms of Vegas
    and so many more.....

OMG!!!!!!!!!

I left Iownie off my initial list!!!!!!!!!

Iownie - Was so incredible!!!!!!He showed me what Vegas really is!!!!!!!

"Was so incredible!!!!!!He showed me what Vegas really is!!!!!!!"

I'm SURE that was a typo!!!!!!!!!

BOTH Allen and Harry from Mondera. I don't think any of my sites have sold a single piece of jewelry (except my niche personalized jewelry), but I'm looking forward to working with them... because they are 2 great people, who have convinced me they will be there when needed.

I've met so many people already, but I still met several people for the first time at ASW.

It was a true pleasure to spend time with Paula. Fabulous dinner! Great program and it's only getting better!

After all these years, I finally got to meet Haiko!

Bob Rankin (one of bus drivers on the Internet Tourbus) was there!

It was also great to meet IOWNIES, Rolet and LostDeviant! I'm sure I'm missing others.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Oh, and it was wonderful to meet Kara Coley! Your wife is delightful Michael, I am glad you brought her to the dinner and introduced her.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay
    "Was so incredible!!!!!!He showed me what Vegas really is!!!!!!!"

I'm SURE that was a typo!!!!!!!!!

Don't write stuff like that because if I would have been sipping my coffee I would have spit it out all over the screen.

Totally off topic...

For 3 days, people would come up to me and quote something I wrote on ABW. And everytime, it was something silly like that. While I appreciate that people remember me, I'm trully getting a complex that people think I'm never serious. I go home thinking I'm just comic relief. They're hard to find (search function is your friend - lol), but I do occasionally post vital pertinent stuff.

And I probably use the phrase "scantilly clad" in more posts then anyone else, but I pointed out the "Bevertainers", cocktaill waitresses and sequined gowned women to all the people I hang with, and they agree it's not ME... it's what I'm subjected to every day.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    I was really glad to meet EVERYONE. Each and every person who I met added something valuable to my Affiliate Summit experience. Some of you surprised me and others impressed me. I especially enjoyed those who gave cheer-up Christopher hugs.

I really had an amazing supper with Paula and the Avanquest team on Tuesday.

Finally met Haiko in person!!! After knowing him since about 2000 from emails and phone conversations, I FINALLY got to meet him in person.
    Alex
    AlexBet.com - Professional Website Design, Website Development, Mobile App Development!

"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten"
    Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBet
    Finally met Haiko in person!!! After knowing him since about 2000 from emails and phone conversations, I FINALLY got to meet him in person.
    Are you kidding me? The more that I hear...I just met this person or that person, the more weird it seems. From reading posts here on the board, I assumed that many of the vets here at ABW had met. It is amazing how perception fools the mind sometimes when reading. Wow.

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by sfcom
    Are you kidding me? The more that I hear...I just met this person or that person, the more weird it seems. From reading posts here on the board, I assumed that many of the vets here at ABW had met. It is amazing how perception fools the mind sometimes when reading. Wow.

-sfcom

I had the same shock and jumped out from my chair when Michael Coley said he met Haiko for the 1st time too (just like me). I thought these guys must have met a ZILLION times already. I was truly SURPRISED

I wanted to mention H-man earlier, but was afraid it would quickly become a Haiko thread if he was mentioned too soon.

I didn't know what to expect either.

Would he just dish parasites all day?

Would he threaten me with an IP ban for something I said 3 years ago?

He IS a power to be reconned with. Will he act the part?

As others have said... is he scary?

But when I snuck up on him and showed him my nametag... it was like meeting a brother I haven't seen in 20 years. The emotions were overwhelming.

Then when he spoke at the ABW confrence, I was totally blown away.

I'd love to write 50 great adjectives, but I have the same problem with Brian.

I'm just glad they chose their career paths - and I'm honored to know them - and they tolerate me LOL

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Kay

Then when he spoke at the ABW confrence, I was totally blown away.

I'd love to write 50 great adjectives, but I have the same problem with Brian.

I'm just glad they chose their career paths - and I'm honored to know them - and they tolerate me LOL

Well said

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Too many to mention without inadvertently omiting someone but the highlight was every new ABWer I met and yes, especially Haiko.

Mostly, I am really bummed about the ABWers I didn't get to meet. I think we need a specific ABW "Meet Market" at the beginning of each Summit so we will all know who's who.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Affiliate Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    Mostly, I am really bummed about the ABWers I didn't get to meet. I think we need a specific ABW "Meet Market" at the beginning of each Summit so we will all know who's who.
    Agreed...there were several on my list I wish I bumped into or had more time to speak with so hopefully Boston has a big ABW turnout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast