Action Referral Period & Occurrences
    The first thing I look in a Merchant before applying is, if Action Referral Period or Occurrences is equal to 1, if it is, then I do not apply. That's the reason I'm not promoting Staples.com , it has 1 day cookie period.

Do others around here do the same? Is it okay to promote store like Staples.com with 1 day cookie period? I know I may be making profit out of Staples, but I am not satisfied with it, as I know a good percentage of visitors I send purchase after a few days.

ABW Ambassador
    I stopped signing up for new merchants over a year ago that have a 1 day cookie.

Nabz, I saw where you recently posted that you are now a CJ Performer. You've previously posted that you've earned the requisite commissions for Performer status quite some time back but CJ didn't offer Performer status for publishers in your country. If I were you, I would contact the Staples affiliate manager, list your sites and tell them you'd be a good fit for Staples but they will have to extend a longer cookie to you for you to affiliate with them. It probably won't make a difference, but info. like this is important for merchants to know.

It is my opinion that merchants with a 1 day cookie are just looking for free advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    I stopped signing up for new merchants over a year ago that have a 1 day cookie.

Nabz, I saw where you recently posted that you are now a CJ Performer. You've previously posted that you've earned the requisite commissions for Performer status quite some time back but CJ didn't offer Performer status for publishers in your country. If I were you, I would contact the Staples affiliate manager, list your sites and tell them you'd be a good fit for Staples but they will have to extend a longer cookie to you for you to affiliate with them. It probably won't make a difference, but info. like this is important for merchants to know.

It is my opinion that merchants with a 1 day cookie are just looking for free advertising.
    I got invited by CJ to join Performer program, anyway thanks for the tip, I will give it a shot, but what I have noticed is that, its hard to convince bigger Merchants.

So what is your limit on cookie length? (I understand 1 day is too short)

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread