Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Yahoo doesn't get it, ads they serve me are bunk
    For the last 7-8 days, when I log into Yahoo and visit Yahoo Mail, Yahoo News and MyYahoo, all of the ad space is dedicated to Oracle. I page through emails and articles and stock listings and all sorts of stuff and while I do get served several different variations of ads, they are all very similar and they are all for Oracle.

Somebody bump the robot making these algorithmic choices, it's stuck on Oracle.

If this is Behaviorial Marketing, then their BM stinks.

Maybe they've read your ABW posts and connect you (perhaps rightly so) with the Oracle within the Matrix...

Not surprising at all. A while ago I posted about A-B testing that I did by using a random key for php includes - alternately serving Goog and YPN ads.

That testing did lead me to remove most of the YPN that I was using. I was hoping to give my readers a wider selection by alternating the ad source. I could even serve twice as many Goog as YPN blocks. But Yahoo's targeting became so atrocious over the last few months that I replaced the YPN stuff with some aff text links and small banners that better fit the sites.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Beachy
    Not surprising at all. A while ago I posted about A-B testing that I did by using a random key for php includes - alternately serving Goog and YPN ads.

That testing did lead me to remove most of the YPN that I was using. I was hoping to give my readers a wider selection by alternating the ad source. I could even serve twice as many Goog as YPN blocks. But Yahoo's targeting became so atrocious over the last few months that I replaced the YPN stuff with some aff text links and small banners that better fit the sites.
    Beachy, I did the EXACT same thing and came to the same conclusion. I also replaced YPN with text links and small banners. I love it when someone else's research validates my own. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Quote Originally Posted by meadowmufn
    ......I love it when someone else's research validates my own. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    I, too, like to hear things like that. Often I wonder if I am wandering about, alone on the wrong path.

Thank you for the affirmation.

- B
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread