Smile The Best Swag?
    I thought it might be interesting to see what we thought were the best giveaways at the summit ... and maybe even useful to merchants when they think about future ones.

There was jewelry from Mike Nunez and SBAnnie ... a great way to get me interested in their programs.

The summit survival bag from a SAS merchant (Hocks I think) ... great idea.

The SAS insulated travel mug and a coffee mug from a merchant at the meet market.

Rolet also had great cake at the Meet Market.

The Metro Uniforms water bottle holder was good too.

The one that made me smile most was the box of chocolate covered leads from a lead gen company ... they turned out to be chocolate covered sunflower kernels. I'm even going to have a look at their website which I wouldn't otherwise have done.

And there is also my shiney new ABW name ... thanks Haiko

There were any number of pens and caps being handed out ... I avoided those ... apart from a lovely Schaaf pen.

Ahhh - Shiney new Name Sue! I thought the Artiko Chef cake we were handing was pretty good as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    Ahhh - Shiney new Name Sue! I thought the Artiko Chef cake we were handing was pretty good as well!
    I, too, liked that delicious cake. It only lacked one of the four major food groups and it was absolutely wonderful.

However, that is all gone - lasted about 14 seconds. But I did bring home a collection of HATS. I like hats - 'cause Spring, Summer and Fall I have the top down on the car all the time. QED: I consider hats to be great swag.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I was on a mission not to collect more than I could drag home in my overloaded suitcases so I didn't indulge in swag too much. I'm looking forward to some arriving at my door that was promised though.

I'm already using and loving my American flag checkbook cover from 4 Checks.

Southbeach Annie's jewelry was a hit with my girls - they snapped those up ASAP. Same with Melissa's (Crazy for Bargains) pretty pink sleep masks.

Frankie our dog chewed through a few rubber balls the first night but he enjoyed them and looks forward to his swag as much as the kids. He also killed a yo yo I thought was a ball - LOL

This might not classify as swag but I want to give a shout out to my new pal Zach who brought an espressso machine to the Meet Market. Yummmmmm - I spent a lot of time there but can't remember his company even after all those shots.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I was on a mission not to collect more than I could drag home in my overloaded suitcases so I didn't indulge in swag too much. I'm looking forward to some arriving at my door that was promised though.
    - a promise is always kept! Cake to Rexanne....should arrive next week, but I need to double the address, I told Artiko Chef to hold out on delivery until Monday so I could contact you first.

Pearl necklaces were a huge hit at my house as well, my oldest daughter saw it and took it immediately and said so matter of factly "Mom, I will share with you."

Nice.....real nice....

Quote Originally Posted by Rolet
    - a promise is always kept! Cake to Rexanne....should arrive next week, but I need to double the address, I told Artiko Chef to hold out on delivery until Monday so I could contact you first.
    Ahhhhhh thanks Rolet! You're a sweetie - I'll get my address to you ASAP.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Yummmmmm - I spent a lot of time there but can't remember his company even after all those shots.
    hmmmm. I don't suppose that might have been Zach of Zach & Danis Coffee? [SAS] nah..

That cake looked divine! I wish I would have tried some, although I was very stuffed at the time. (I gained 10 pounds during the week, somehow!)

My Red Bull kept slipping out of Ron's koozies!

I LOVED the Summit Survival Bags from Hocks! AWESOME IDEA!

I got some great software from Avanquest!

I got several pieces of nice jewelry that Kara really appreciated.

I won a case of Jones Soda in the SAS Scratch-Off Game! WOHOO! Plus they love me very much (but I knew that when I checked my daily stats!).
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

The best swag I got was hugs from old friends.
    Other than that I loved the jewelry from MyJewelryBox and My goodies from Billy.

Quote Originally Posted by flamingoworld
    The best swag I got was hugs from old friends.
    Other than that I loved the jewelry from MyJewelryBox and My goodies from Billy.
    Are you setting someone up here to make a crack about Billy's goodies, Connie? Because if you are, I'm not taking the bait. Ok?
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

I'm also happy that Loxly didn't get a chance to count the cats before I left the country ..........

Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    hmmmm. I don't suppose that might have been Zach of Zach & Danis Coffee? [SAS] nah..
    Nope, the booth was for some service, not a product merchant. Whoever they were, I love them.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Certified Affiliate Manager sunshiner's Avatar
    Hands down it was Andys nuts...am I allowed to say that?

Nuts on the Net

Quote Originally Posted by sunshiner
    Hands down it was Andys nuts...am I allowed to say that?

Nuts on the Net
    OMG how could I have forgotten being invited to grab Andy's nuts? LMAO - Yeah, that was some good swag! :-)

Sure you can say that, Sunshiner - we're adults.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

We had a keg at our booth. The beer didn't last long before it was all gone, and isn't exactly swag, but is a good freebie!
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

CPA Network Rep Dina - MarketLeverage Blogger's Avatar
    This is a great post. We will definitely use this information for the next show.

What do you think is the most lame or useless items that are given away?

Influencer Marketing GravityFed's Avatar
    Did anyone else get any PawsUpPetSupply biscuits for your dog(s)?? Our dogs loved them, and I thought they tasted pretty good to (late at night in the room haha)

Affiliate Network Rep Kim Salvino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I'm already using and loving my American flag checkbook cover from 4 Checks.
    Awww, Rexanne! I'm so glad that you liked it.

It warms my heart to know you found my swag great and useful.
    Kim Salvino, Client Services Director, Performance Horizon Group
    Reach me at kim.salvino(at)performancehorizon.com or on (443) 617-4036

Quote Originally Posted by MarketLeverageBlogger
    What do you think is the most lame or useless items that are given away?
    Pens. Flyers. Whole folders full of flyers.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    The diamond plated checkbook cover from 4 Checks is awesome and the mouse pad made it easier to use my mouse in the hotel room

You can never have too many pens.

I liked the Summit Survival Bag from Hocks, it was very useful.

My dog was happy with his PawsUpPetSupply biscuits, he was surprised to see that he got swag too.

For some reason I was attracted to the foam stress relievers, great idea, but who has ever heard of stress in this industry

I didn't go this year but I'm still using the pens I took home last year.

I picked up so many useless things and when I got home I went through them and realized I wouldn't ever wear those t-shirts or read those flyers. Out they went. I gave a couple of toys to the kid who looked after my house while I was gone.

If I go again I'll be more careful about taking things I'll just throw away later.

But I like the pens a lot. When companies put their name on pens they usually make good quality ones.
    Affiliate Marketing - The hardest easy money I ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-AvantLink
    Did anyone else get any PawsUpPetSupply biscuits for your dog(s)?? Our dogs loved them, and I thought they tasted pretty good to (late at night in the room haha)

Oh bah - missed those. :-(

I was too busy trying to avoid snakes to find the flowers in the grass.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com

Throughout the years at the conferences, my fav swag was actually from a competing network. It was a leather holder for business cards. I ended up losing mine, but I thought it was a great giveaway.
    [font=verdana][b][size=3][color=red]Are you familiar with [URL]MaxBounty.com[/URL] yet?[/color][/b][/size][/font][font=verdana][b][size=1][color=black]
    Over 120 merchants with CPA/CPS programs seeking affiliates
    Over 4500 network publishers seeking programs to advertise
    Earn $100 per merchant and 5% per affiliate on the second tier [/b][/color][/size][/font]

Southbeach Annie's jewelry was a hit with my girls - they snapped those up ASAP. Same with Melissa's (Crazy for Bargains) pretty pink sleep masks.
    I was lucky enough to grab the last sleep mask (thanks!!) and it is by far my favorite freebie to date

I thought some of the stress dolls/items were also pretty cute.
    Julia
    Affiliate Marketing Manager
    Share Results Network
    [email=julia@shareresults.com]julia@shareresults.com[/email]
    [URL=http://www.shareresults.com]http://www.shareresults.com[/URL]

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread