Question First Affiliate PPC Campaign Question
    Hey guys,
    Quick question:
    I am about to test out my first affiliate campaign using ppc. I plan on using Yahoo to test the waters and I have been looking at products to market... I have found an offer that pays 10% and the product prices range from $150-$300.
    Are there any price ranges you like to stay within? $15-30 per transaction doesn't sound too bad but I'm not sure if you have had any bad experiences with expensive products.
    Thanks for any insight you can provide...

Online Marketing Consultant
    It really depends on the product and category of product. Although that may not be much money,,,if it is a product people compare and shop around for, you may not have as much luck....if it is a product specific to the merchant and your terms are not generic....you should probably see a better result.

Also, take into consideration if it is a clean program, a brand name store, remember to subtract out your income tax and federal taxes, etc.... to make sure it actually will be profitable.

You can make a profit off of $1 commissions using PPC if you do it right. Personally, I would never rely on the payout and commissions for my decision on PPC for affiliate marketing....then again I don't do PPC with affiliate marketing....SEO baby! hahaha
    Adam Riemer Marketing, LLC. Online Marketing Blog and Affiliate Management Company
    Do you need help with your Marketing or Sales funneling, write me at adamr (at) adamriemer (dot) me

jd, have you done your competitive analysis on the market and the product? Basing your choice on payout is not always the best strategy unless you can forecast that the competition is not too high but there is a need for the product and there is actual search activity on it. I'm not too sure about Yahoo, but you can use Google Adwords to at least see the competition versus the traffic your keywords are averaging.

good luck.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

Here's the tool. Forgot to put in the link....

https://adwords.google.com/select/KeywordToolExternal

While it's not all emcompassing, it's a decent start before you begin spending your money on a program.
    Danay @ LunaSolMedia.com
    Global Perfomance Marketing. Global Niche Markets = Opportunity!
    HispanicYa!|MallFreebies

I dwell in possibility. ~Emily Dickinson

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread