ABW Ambassador
    Merchants Should Jump At the Chance to Work with Popshops
    I have just finished adding about 50 pages of product links for two merchants in a niche that I had wanted to include on my site for about two years. But the product links were just so tedious and difficult for these 2 merchants, I couldn't imagine the completed task.

Wow, what a difference with popshops. In about 4 days I produced the pages. I still worked on individual product descriptions and SEO. As well as cross-merchandizing - and all the little design/marketing stuff that makes things sell. But with popshops the individual product links were a breeze.

Without popshops, I would still be wishing.

ABW Ambassador
    I agree Aunt Lily, it is definitely a plus for merchants to be with PopShops. Instead of spending so much time placing links, I can focus on adding content, better descriptions and things I have always had to kinda put on hold since I use to have to manually place or remove each link by hand.

Since I started using PopShops on some of my sites, it has allowed me time to be more creative with my websites. Therefore adding value for my visitors. I love it!

Talking
    All you have to do is ask! I had several merchants that I wanted to use with PopShops and sent them e-mails and let them know it was free to the merchant. Several have signed up.

However you still have those merchants that don't respond to your e-mails. E-mails to Zappos for my shoe site - NO answer. Football Fanatics for my sports site - NO answer as well as several others.

Hey merchants - IT DOESN'T COST YOU ANYTHING BUT A LITTLE TIME!!!

PopShops is prefect for those one person operations such as myself.

ABW Ambassador
    I've emailed several merchants that I work with and had no response, so I posted here so that others could chime in as well.

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I just wanted to say a big Thank You for the advocacy. There are plenty of merchants out there we want to work with and often it is difficult to get a merchant's attention. The best route for advocacy, whether it is to entice a merchant to join PopShops or to get them to clean up their feed, is through affiliate initiated dialogue.

A sincere thank you to all of you for the support.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

I'd like to chime in too! Right now there is no better way to allow even beginner affiliates to put up a search engine friendly shop from your feed. Most merchants offer several categories of products and PopShops allows us to choose just exactly which products we want to promote on a page - or we can feature our choice of products and add in a search for more along with every product in your feed all on one easy page. It is the most easily configurable set of tools an affiliate could want. They are always improving and their support department is the best.

I know we jumped at the chance. Turn down an opportunity to:

a.) Work with Angel and Jessie?
    b.) Provide our datafeeds in an easy to work with format?

To not hop in would be folly.

I'm glad to know that affiliates are leveraging this tool.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Just because you didn't get a response the first time, don't stop trying. I emailed a merchant a while back (about a year ago, probably) and never got a response. I emailed again yesterday and got a response that they're looking into it. If enough people email, I'm sure they'll take notice.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Would anyone be willing to post what they put in their email to a merchant asking them to allow their feed on PopShops?

Thanks,
    Beth

Quote Originally Posted by b1791
    Would anyone be willing to post what they put in their email to a merchant asking them to allow their feed on PopShops?

Thanks,
    Beth
    Beth,

This is what we have been sending out -

We are one of your affiliates. We are currently updating your listings across our various sites.

We see that you may offer a product datafeed.

As a one person operation, our time and resources are limited. We are using a service called PopShops which is located at http://www.popshops.com . This service lets us use your data feed and build custom showcases, storefronts, and more. This service is FREE to all merchants such as yourself. We are switching many of our feeds from the other services that we use over to PopShops.

We noticed that you are not participating in PopShops and request that you look into it. Did we mention that this service is FREE to the merchant. Please consider the services of PopShops.

Thanks!

Excellent! I will be paraphrasing and emailing a few merchants, for sure.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by boningroup
    Beth,

This is what we have been sending out -

We are one of your affiliates. We are currently updating your listings across our various sites.

We see that you may offer a product datafeed.

As a one person operation, our time and resources are limited. We are using a service called PopShops which is located at http://www.popshops.com . This service lets us use your data feed and build custom showcases, storefronts, and more. This service is FREE to all merchants such as yourself. We are switching many of our feeds from the other services that we use over to PopShops.

We noticed that you are not participating in PopShops and request that you look into it. Did we mention that this service is FREE to the merchant. Please consider the services of PopShops.

Thanks!
    That is perfect and is more or less what I said in the email I sent today. Be sure to mention it's FREE to the merchant.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

That's great...thanks so much for the example email! I have been meaning to contact a merchant for weeks now but had no idea what to say to them...this is a big help

Beth

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread