Question Popshop tables render incorrectly
    I'm attempting to use Wordpress to host PopShop shops but I'm having a problem with how the pages are being rendered.

If I use PHP I get incorrect table rendering in that the left most column expands inexplicably and the right most column expands beyond the container. I'm using the runPHP Wordpress plugin to execute the PHP. I've got an example here: http://my-golden-retriever.com/test-...shop-php-code/.

As an alternative, if I use the PopShops Wordpress plugin and add a shop to a post or page the table renders correctly but I get a large area of whitespace above the page. Here's and example of this: http://my-golden-retriever.com/test-2/

I have the same problem with the whitespace above the table using Blogger and Javascript also.

Any one experienced and resolved this? Help is greatly appreciated.

Wow, that is interesting. I see in one of your test pages the middle column expands while in another example the left column expands. (??) Hope someone can help you with this. Sorry, I don't use WordPress so I'm unfamiliar with this...but there are lots of experts around here.

On the second page there appears to be a block set aside for Adsense that is pushing the table down the page:

<h3 class="posttitle"><a href="http://my-golden-retriever.com/test-2/" rel="bookmark" title="Permanent Link: test 2">test 2</a></h3>

<div class="entry">
    <div style="text-align: center;"><script type="text/javascript"><!--
    google_ad_client = "pub-";
    google_alternate_color = "FFFFFF";
    google_ad_width = ;
    google_ad_height = ;
    google_ad_format = "_as";
    google_ad_type = "";
    google_ad_channel ="";
    google_color_border = "";
    google_color_link = "";
    google_color_bg = "";
    google_color_text = "";
    google_color_url = "";
    google_ui_features = "";
    //--></script>
    <script type="text/javascript"
    src="http://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/show_ads.js">
    </script></div><brr />
    Try removing it from your template and see if it renders correctly.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    On the second page there appears to be a block set aside for Adsense that is pushing the table down the page:
    Try removing it from your template and see if it renders correctly.

-rematt

Doohhh..... Thanks, rematt. That was the problem.

I promise to stay in the Right Lane!

Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by aubreyjones
    Doohhh..... Thanks, rematt. That was the problem.

I promise to stay in the Right Lane!

Aubrey
    Hey I never would have caught it if I hadn't made a few similar errors. Some days coffee just isn't enough.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

I am having a similar spacing issue only within Blogger blog posts (have to use the html code, javascript not allowed). You can see an example in my first post http://blog.raiseagreendog.com/:

Any ideas of what could be causing all the extra space before the products? Popshops support indicates in the code (via pagesource) there are extra breaks - <br>, I see them in the pagesource, but they aren't in the code view of the post when I go in an edit.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Are you sure you don't have a bunch of inactive products that aren't showing (but taking up space) in that shop?

I see all the line breaks in the outer table with class name pspsWrapper but have no idea what would cause those. But even those line breaks wouldn't cause THAT much empty space.

Thanks for the response. There are some products images missing (text is still there) in the middle, but not at the top, I just quadruple checked. I've never been able to use the popshops html code in a blog post without this happening.

Any other ideas?

What is happening is that Blogger is seeing the carriage returns in the code and replacing them with < br/ > and < p >, etc. So that gives the huge space at the top. It's an issue with how Blogger is trying to be intelligent.

News flash!
    As I was typing this, Dan, the nicest dev ever found this blogger post which describes a workaround!

Caveat is that you will have to manually put in carriage returns if you turn this feature off.

Jessie

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Here's what's happening to my Pop Shops, using HTML, in FrontPage:

When I pop the page into a FP page (no original table formatting in FP) the images appear huge and spread across the page, creating the need to right scroll. When I publish the page, it shows up correctly online, no spread or right scroll. OK great but when I try to edit the page, it's difficult because the scrolling and huge images make it hard to see or find anything.

ANyone know a workaround (other than giving up FP! LOL)?
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Jessie - you saved the day! Go take a look at the nice post now - wow....very nice. All I did was go into Blogger settings/formatting (like the Blogger help said) and changed the 'convert line breaks' to a no. Worked like a charm!

I'll have to go into all the posts and do some reformatting, but since it was caught pretty early in the life of the blog, it's manageable!

Thanks for finding that for me! Sure appreciate it...

Edit: And big thank you to Dan!

Just curious - Rexanne - have you tried using the javascript instead? Wondered if you would still have that problem...I (yes, I admit it) use FP and use the javascript, never had a problem with viewing in edit mode. Just a thought.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread