I like to write and I am fed up with my j*b. Perhaps I could write content articles for ABW'ers...

I was thinking along the lines of a 'custom content' writing service...

For instance, you tell me what is the subject and what are the keywords, and I sell you an article (which you would own) to publish...

Again, just a thought.

Love to hear what you think...

Doc

"An Optimist Can Never be Pleasantly Surprised" - Murphy

sounds like a good idea..
    got any prices in mind?
    sent you a PM

by the way, you could look at elance.. i've bought this type of thing there in the past, maybe you could reach some buyers there too

[This message was edited by midnightcoder on July 05, 2003 at 07:58 PM.]

Fabulous idea!!!! Market away!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Doc Sawyer,
    It's a great idea . I've been doing the same thing on varied subjects and making a few articles available as public content, in return for a link back..

Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible..

FANTASTIC IDEA.

I think it is a good idea. How-about instead of writing an article and selling it, you could set up a subscription service for so much a month. Of course you would have to have alot of content to do that. The reason I suggest that is I would not want to pay for an article just to have it replaced in a week or two and have to pay for another one. I think I would be alot more stingy with my dough if I had to do it that way. I'd much rather pay for a subscription and have my choice of any article.

"Bueller...? Bueller...?"

What kind of stuff can you write about? What will your rates be?

At one point we (ex-business partnership) hired someone to write some of the ad spin for some pages on a site. I did the cost analysis, and it took months to recoup the cash that was laid out for copy writing. This was fine for my ex-business partner, since he never did any of the writing on the revenue sites anyway, nor any of the work to post the text as HTML, nor the keyword research, etc. For me it was atrocious, since I can do the writing myself and then see 100% profit from it.

Time ain't money when all you got is time, as they say. I prefer to sit at the puter and write and spend my cash on household help to do the dishes and laundry. JMO.

- - - - -
    42. Yup, the answer to life, the universe, and everything.

Being able to pay by Paypal would be cool.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

I've given this a few moments of thought, too. In the end, I couldn't find a rate that would be attractive to a webmaster and worth my while, at least for pieces of any breadth and/or depth. It might be different for written short sales-oriented pieces, though.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

I'd be interested in short articles - might be sales oriented or otherwise - just depends on the cost and availability of payment by paypal.

"Can I sell the sh*t and will the merchant pay?" ~ Leader

It's a great idea.
    You could also drive a traffic to your web site by offering articles for free as a content for ezines and web sites. But in the end of your article you could include your resource box or signature file with link to your site.

Oskars
    www.InternetMarketing.lv

Thank you all for your support and ideas.

Since my initial post, I have doing some research.

Quote: "Time ain't money when all you got is time, as they say. I prefer to sit at the puter and write and spend my cash on household help to do the dishes and laundry. JMO."

And Quote: "In the end, I couldn't find a rate that would be attractive to a webmaster and worth my while, at least for pieces of any breadth and/or depth. It might be different for written short sales-oriented pieces, though."

I know exactly what you mean. When writing for my web site, I might spend hours tweaking a paragraph just to suit my taste. I consider it fun. But that is not the sort of time you can bill for. When I was employed as a writer for a marketing fulfillment company (trinkets and trash: key chains and can openers), I was allowed to spend all the time I needed to make my stuff read well. That was because, once I let it go, the piece would be used as a sales letter template. So, the time it took to write was not an issue for the company. This past weekend, I wrote two short pieces for someone. It was a very different writing experience! I found that trying to put out a quality piece on a schedule is a very difficult task to do.

Quote: "Being able to pay by Paypal would be cool."

Done

Quote: "You could also drive a traffic to your web site by offering articles for free as a content for ezines and web sites. But in the end of your article you could include your resource box or signature file with link to your site".

and Quote: "How-about instead of writing an article and selling it, you could set up a subscription service for so much a month. Of course you would have to have a lot of content to do that."

Thank you for those insights. Sort of like marketing original content articles the same way sites offer clip art ... Very interesting!

Again, Thank you all for your support and ideas.

Doc

"An Optimist Can Never be Pleasantly Surprised" - Murphy

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread