Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    My Son - The "Thug"
    So we were back in Colorado last week for a visit with our sons and grandkids. Sunday evening, our middle son Zach and youngest son Nathan had a hockey game at the DU arena, so we went to watch.

Nathan, who is otherwise a laid back, easy going 26 year old, turns into what his team refers to as the "team badboy" when he's on the ice. He leads the league in penalties and has earned a reputation with the refs as someone to keep an eye on!

Sunday's game was the game he was going to go penalty free, which he did for almost 4 whole minutes of the first period, at which time he got 2 minutes for roughing. The attached shot of him in the penalty box cracked me up. I stood on the other side of the glass and yelled "Thug!!" and "Nathan, you're grounded!" That's why he is smiling in the picture. His team mates got a kick out of his old man chiding him while he sat in the sin bin.

Our middle son Zach, # 19 is the team shot blocker. The guy doesn't hesitate to dive and give up his body to block a shot. He's also had only one penalty the entire 25 game season, something he constantly reminds Nathan about.

After the game, we headed over to a burger joint named "Spanky's" with the team, had some burgers and beers and reminisced about when I used to play in the Chicago area. We had a great time and the guys even said they'd be interested in having me coach the team next year. Hey, who says you can't re-live your childhood? I get to do it every day!! We got back to FL tonight about midnight, so I'm signing off and calling it a night, but just wanted to share a little pride with my friends here.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    AH, would the Hamilton clan consider moving to sunny SoCal and taking over the Kings? You could coach, (hell, on this team, even at your advanced age and questionable physical condition, you could probably be the leading scorer) your sons could play (do you have any more than 3?). A guy ("Gee"?) like Nathan is probably just what they need, though they'd need a second hockey family (Hulls, maybe) to win a few games and get out of the shadow of the always mighty DUCKS.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    You raised some macho boys Alan - macho is good. Better than whiny, wimpy boys anyday.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Hound, your inappropriate, hurtful comments regarding my age and perceived state of health aside - I agree that indeed my sons would be a huge help to the L.A. (formerly kings) prince's.

Rex, you're right! Nathan doesn't even whine when he's called for his thug behavior on the ice. It's actually become a team joke this year. I had a ball chiding him and yelling stuff like "throw the bum out" and his team mates enjoyed the parental joust too.

Well, have to shut it down for a bit while I go do my daily 10k run and two hour iron-pumping session at the local muscle club...
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

"Thug!" "You're grounded!" That's hilarious, Alan!

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were going to tell us to stop picking on you or you would have your son beat us up. (Is that what old guy/bullies say in nursing homes? "My son can beat up your son!")
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    "Thug!" "You're grounded!" That's hilarious, Alan!

When I saw the title of the thread, I thought you were going to tell us to stop picking on you or you would have your son beat us up. (Is that what old guy/bullies say in nursing homes? "My son can beat up your son!")

Ah Coley, how I've missed your laser-like jabs!! Good to have you back on the "bash Hamilton" bandwagon. "Old" guys? Nursing homes? Ouch!!

The chiding I gave him had his team mates laughing. When Nathan was a little tweak, Ellen and I always called him "Nafie-bafie-boo-boo." At the hockey games, and at his baseball games we still yell "WTG nafie bafie boo boo" and his team mates crack up! They all call him nafie bafie too - which always makes him laugh.

At the hockey games, and at his baseball games we still yell "WTG nafie bafie boo boo" and his team mates crack up!
    That might be considered child abuse, no matter what the age or excuse, and it's certainly the reason that he spends so much of his life in "time out".

Quote Originally Posted by jmoore61103
    That might be considered child abuse, no matter what the age or excuse, and it's certainly the reason that he spends so much of his life in "time out".
    LOL, his team mates get such a kick out of it (and so does he) so we just can't resist. I'll seek sports fan counseling and see what they say!

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Hamilton
    ...Hey, who says you can't re-live your childhood? I get to do it every day!!...
    Sounds like fun!
    Why aren't you out on the ice too.

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by firefox334
    Why aren't you out on the ice too.
    Too much red bull, the ice will melt.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    LOL good one
    Cheers,

Harry.
    Mondera Affiliate Manager
    http://www.mondera.com/affiliate_support/
    Winner of the LinkShare 2004 Golden Link Awards "Affiliate's Choice Award"
    Winner of the 2002 Abestweb.com "Best Affiliate Program Award"

Quote Originally Posted by Donuts
    Nah, I would honestly play except that I am in FL during most of their season so it would be kinda hard to fly back every week for the game. But I told them I can coach from season opening until Jan 10th each year. We'll see if they meet my demands....

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread