Affiliate Manager Alan Hamilton's Avatar
    "Pirates of the Caribbean" robbed me!
    Well, we got back from CO late last night with our lil granddaughter (Sage) She asked me this morning if we could go out on the boat (Slush Puppie) so she could see some Dolpins. Of course we were only too happy to oblige.

We got down to the boat, loaded her up, untied the ropes and prepared to cast off. I put it into reverse, but the boat did not move. I added some RPM's still no movement. I thought the shift linkage may have been slipping and so I placed a call to my local mechanic, who I could not reach. I decided to have a look to see if it was something I could do myself. I raised the engine and went back to remove the cover. As I did, the bad news set in...

While we were in Colorado, pirates boarded me ship and stole me stainless steel prop - aargh!! Boats don't move very well without props. I reported it to the harbor master and then called Marina Security, who promptly came down to fill out a report. Then the local police came down and we spent an hour with them. I just got back from the local west marine store, where I spent $470 for a new SS prop, so hopefully I can get it on today and then take her out boating / fishing when we get back from Orlando Saturday. Sage was disappointed, but she enjoyed watching the pelicans and terns in the marina and took some pictures for mommy and daddy to see when she gets back. Oh well, onward and upward....
    Join the Spicy Aprons Affiliate program on ShareASale Visit us on Facebook www.facebook.com/spicyaprons Follow us on Twitter @Spicyaprons

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    It was probably the first pillage of the newest scurvy cur pirating along the Florida coast, embarking on his new career,
    the soon to be infamous Black Brett (Favrrrrrrrre)!
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Alan, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    It was probably the first pillage of the newest scurvy cur pirating along the Florida coast, embarking on his new career,
    the soon to be infamous Black Brett (Favrrrrrrrre)!
    AF, you've lost it!

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

That sucks. I had a friend who'd had his whole boat stolen..... 3 times. Do they make LoJack for boats? LOL.
    -Don't criticize anyone til you've walked a mile in their shoes. Then when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and have their shoes.
    - Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Arrrgggg.. did you check craigslist as they have been spotted on there.

(especially with the guy selling pot on there.)

That bites Alan. Sorry to hear that.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Tell security to watch extra carefully for a while - I had a friend whose old battery and old ignition wiring was stolen - she had the garage install NEW replacements - guess what was stolen the next night!

Sorry to hear about that Alan.

Did your local marine store tell you about the different models of prop locks? They make a nice stainless steel one that keeps a wrench from being able to go over the prop nut.

-sfcom

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Alan, that sucks.

AF, you've lost it!

-rematt
    I've lost it? Who's A"F"?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Pirates.....more likely those monster snook were taking their revenge on you while you were gone!

That's a bummer, indeed. I know exactly how you feel - times two.

I've had two (count 'em, 2) outboards stolen over the years. One was while my runabout was in the water - at a marina where I worked P/T during the summer. The other was only a few years ago. The outboard was cut off of my center console fishing boat - from a locked, supposedly secure, underground parking garage connected to a marina here in Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The dockmaster also had an outboard stripped off of his boat over the same holiday period. Both of my instances were covered by insurance - MINUS the deductible and the down-time waiting for the new engines and installation. Of course cables and wires were also cut, meaning additional parts had to be purchased to complete the re-installations. Now I understand why times of old had a "walk the plank" penalty for many misdeeds.

Sorry, to hear about any theft off of a boat. And sorry about your granddaughter's disappointment - that, too, is a bummer. Especially when GrandDaddy only gets to have her for a short while. GrandDads are supposed to be "magical," y'know.
    Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by AffiliateHound
    I've lost it? Who's A"F"?
    F, H close enough. So I started drinking early today.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar
    farging bastages.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread