So I get sales, see some progress then what happens?
    Ok, so the last two weeks I have been selling my own product and it was doing well. Then for the last five days I have zero sales but with the same amount of clicks. Around 200 per day.

Does that happen to everyone and is just a bad string of traffic?

Let me know if you feel my pain on this one as it is very frusturating because you think you are getting somewhere then it just falls off.

Regards,
    Matt

ABW Ambassador
    Same thing?

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread...260#post800260

Your own product? Are you selling goods or ebooks or what?

This is an ebook.

Thanks,
    Matt

?
    Well I guess what I am asking is do you get over 150 to 200 clicks and get no sales very often?

Or is that just me?

Thanks,
    Matt

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    In my opinion you need a larger test period than 2 weeks. Some of our sites are unbelievably consistent. Some of them produce extremely varying results.

If you have changed nothing since the first two week period when you were successful you might have a product with an extremely limited market that you have reached or you might need to look at a wider window and see what happens.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

This will make you feel better. I ran a test on a product over two weeks. Saw about 600 unique visitors. Conversion rate was 0.25%. Yes, that's a quarter of a percent. So, yes, it can happen. That's one sale per 400 visitors.

So, I feel there are several possible conclusions here:

1) The product is bad and I should stop selling it
    2) The web site explaining the product and convincing people to buy (what people call squeeze, but I hate that term) is not tuned appropriately
    3) The traffic is wrong. Meaning, the reason people are coming to the site is not well-matched to the product they are being presented to.

I've done analysis on #3 and ruled it out. The keywords they are clicking on are right in the zone for the product. So I don't think it's that.

I'd like to think #1 isn't a problem, but time will tell.

So, #2 is my working hypothesis. The great thing about business online is how analytics-driven it is. A weekend later and I have a new web site launched. All other things being equal (same key words, same ad spend, same product), I will have some great results in 2 weeks to see how things really shape up.

Hope that helps a bit on your question.... Bottom line - Think like a scientist.

I have seen patterns like this same amount of traffice, site is the same, yet no conversions for long periods of time, then I will get lots of them within a short period of time. I really dont understand it.

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread