Popshops merchants moving to Pepperjam Network?
    I did a search for Pepperjam to try to come "up to speed" but am confused. I guess the Pepperjam Network forum has been removed. Today I was notified that 2 of my merchants currently on Popshops are moving to Pepperjam and that I should change all my links ASAP.

Has anyone else received similar notifications and what happens to their Popshops feed now? I emailed support to see if they knew of the change.

The 2 merchants I am currently concerned with are Baby Phat and Bigger Bras in case anyone else here uses those.

Thanks for any info you can provide. I hate to just drop these 2, but if I can't access their products via Popshops, then they're probably history for me.

Got this reply back already from Pepperjam so hopefully it will be a smooth transition....

"Popshops is working with Pepperjam Network. The technical teams for both Pepperjam Network and Popshops are working on this issue so that Popshops will be able to use the Pepperjam Network data feeds. The integration should be done shortly."

Hi,
    I was told it will be a couple weeks. Then we'll need to integrate them on our end as well. I'll announce when they're up and running.

Jessie

ABW Ambassador
    I hope this means that the baby phat data feed will have pictures at last!

Amen to that, Aunt Lily.

I tried emailing Baby Phat a couple of times about that issue and always got the strangest replies back from Pepperjam Management - like we weren't even speaking the same language. I gave up and created a special Popshops style with text only just for Baby Phat.

I bet if Kimora Lee Simmons knew about that heads would roll! At least that's the impression one gets of her from watching her surreal reality show, Life in the Fab Lane.

ABW Ambassador
    "Today I was notified that 2 of my merchants currently on Popshops are moving to Pepperjam and that I should change all my links ASAP."

Moving to Pepperjam only or still on both networks? I was reading about CJ giving merchants at both places an either/or, not both.

15 years and counting
    Trust - Moving to Pepperjam only or still on both networks? I was reading about CJ giving merchants at both places an either/or, not both.
    Yep, something is going on.
    Did Commission Junction Act Fairly, Break the Law, or Simply Overstep its Power Against Pepperjam?
    I've never seen them before fighting over uPromise. At that time, they both agree to steal our commissions.

ABW Ambassador
    Aren't the companies moving already being managed by PJ, and haven't they been for a while already? Why wouldn't they move companies they manage to their own network?

Incidentally, PJ are also affililates and have affilate banners (LS that I most noticed) running sitewide on a site they manage that's at CJ. Don't know if it's their own ID, no way to tell.

15 years and counting
    It seems like these merchants were being aggressively contacted lately by Commission Junction employees with the blessing of Kerri Pollard and delivered an ultimatum - either stay with Commission Junction or terminate all agency business with Pepperjam.
    LinkShare request an exclusive agreement from their merchants but not CJ. Many CJ merchants are on multiple affiliate platforms. Why are they targeting PepperjamNetwork?
    It's obvious CJ don't appreciate the competition anymore. I don't think the OPM contract is the problem.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    It looks like PJ and CJ are having a public fued:

http://pepperjamblog.com/2008/03/05/...nst-pepperjam/

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    I don't think CJ would play that game with LS or Pfx.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Talk about controlling spin. PJ is editing out any negative comments on their blog almost as fast as they are posted (almost). Way to air all sides of an issue. I wonder why my integrity alarm is flashing?

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Exclamation
    Quote Originally Posted by rematt
    Talk about controlling spin. PJ is editing out any negative comments on their blog almost as fast as they are posted (almost). Way to air all sides of an issue. I wonder why my integrity alarm is flashing?

-rematt
    They are some piece of work, I posted in there this morning, post gone!

Also, my user is now blocked......this is one insecure puppy I think his name is Kris.

I asked how an INC500 company responds to the questions presented here at ABW by closing their forum and running away with their respective tails between their legs.

The PJ network is the least transparent perhaps of them all.

When I was looking to add another network a few months ago and I saw their network announced I was interested, albeit 24 hours until they declined to answer issues presented herein. thereafter, closing their forum and I suppose requested all threads and posts to be expunged a.k.a .

They know how to talk the talk but not walk the walk
    Last edited by PetsWarehouse.com; March 6th, 2008 at 10:11 AM.
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Affiliate Manager AffiliateWarrior's Avatar
    This whole situation is a mess - will make for entertaining reading over the next few weeks.

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread