Add company, contact, terms of service?
    Do you usually add Company Name, contact info, terms of service, etc., on your affiliate sites?

Alison

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BookWise-Winners
    Do you usually add Company Name, contact info, terms of service, etc., on your affiliate sites?

Alison
    Yes......I do
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Thank you. The reason I ask is that many seem rather secretive about their sites (I understand why), so doesn't listing your company and contact info make it easy for competition to find your sites?

I'm just wondering how people think about that.

Alison

No Longer Banned!
    to Stiffel the Competition or to Have Multiple streams of income,That Is The Question
    Thank you. The reason I ask is that many seem rather secretive about their sites (I understand why), so doesn't listing your company and contact info make it easy for competition to find your sites?

Alison
    I dunno, I never thought about that before.

I add the info cuz I am the one selling it. Not the merchant. I actually do NOT want the customer to access my suppliers or know who my supplier are. If they do, then why do they need me ?

Detroit diesel does this a lot {Among others}. So does Peterbilt.

As far as competitors finding my sites are concerned, I am more focused on diversity than stifling competition. Guys like VistourMall have the right idea I think.

Great question, I'd have to give it more thought.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

http and a telephoto

Alison
    Some networks require a privacy policy, which would include information about your company and your contact information. Also search engines like to see a privacy policy as well.

You are secretive about your sites as far as publishing them where the competition can find them, but if you are doing your job right, you will be at the top for search terms and people will find your sites anyway. You need to be more concerned with making the consumer happy than with the competition finding out who you are.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread