ABW Ambassador
    I've come across a couple of sites, coupon sites in particular, that promote Ebates. Considering what ebates does to affiliate commissions, I'm rather amazed that any active affiliate would do this. While I'm sure some affiliates aren't familiar with how the whole thing plays out, some of these sites are big enough and popular enough to certainly know that promoting Ebates over the long term only digs their site further into a hole.

Thoughts anyone?

Jim

ABW Ambassador
    Why is jumping s.o. from the roof of his house?

carneol

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    Haven't you figured it out? Overall Coupon sites, Freebee sites, and all "incent" based affiliates are the bottom of the barrel in affiliate marketing. They play right into the hands of the BHO's selling their souls for a penny a click or the spam front end lead merchants for a few cents more.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Mike, don't make me come over there!
    Coupon sites are not evil!

Some coupon site owners, and affiliates in general are not aware of the parasite issue, or they don't understand it.

They, along with some merchants just believe the hype from Ebates on how much money they can make.

If you keep lumping coupon sites in with the axis of evil, I will come there, and I will be having parrot soup for lunch!

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

Jim,

I think the people who own the sites you found don't know any better. They aren't looking at the "big picture," they're just looking at what eBates can do for them right now.

Of course, the fact that eBates will take commissions from them in the future is apparently lost on them, and they don't realize the damage it's causing the affiliate marketing industry as a whole.

I usually take a minute or two to write to the webmaster, and invite them to visit ABW to learn more about how software apps like eBates prevent them from realizing their full potential.

Andy

Connie, EmDub and other couponers here at ABW are definately exceptions to the rule. Connie can remember when CJ required in writing merchant permission for any "incent" affiliate to join a merchant's program. Years ago and certainly now in the age of BHO "incent" affiliates the abuse problems were clearly pointed at this group of affiliates.

Connie is caught between the sleeze bag couponers and the BHO's all threatening to destroy her ebiz plan. Yet she reaches out to me as if I had a thing to do with the stench eminating from "incented" traffic. Flamingo soup is on the menu of every one of her traffic competitors.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

Okay I have to jump on this one, Since I run a freebie, coupon site. I started my site (freebies,coupons) without knowing about parasites, I'm a good boy now, So I only premote quality freebies and coupons that don't use bho apps(parasites) If I find them I terminate them! okay so I am a exception to this too

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> If you keep lumping coupon sites in with the axis of evil, I will come there, and I will be having parrot soup for lunch!
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    lol...

No Connie I like Charlie... Charlie is the good guy.

Mike behave yourself.

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? &lt;b&gt;Crooks Overwriting Commissions.&lt;/b&gt;
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Connie you take one end I'll take the other and make a wish. lol

Charlie has clipout a coupon at PetsMart for a free box of parrot treats and Pink Flamingo indian chief type head dress with any purchase of a Parrot Condominium cage. He wants to borrow 490.00 from me to use the coupon.

Mike & Charlie ...

ABW Ambassador
    I posted a poll some time ago to try to answer that question.

There are lots of reasons. Ignorance is probably the most common.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>coupon sites in particular<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Some coupon sites (and especially forums), are affiliates of ebates since their (cheapass) members are likely to be drawn to ebates and therefore they might as well get some credit for the referral.

Why do affiliates promote other affiliate sites like Coupon Mounting?

I just had some fun responding to a link exchange request from a coupon/rebates site yesterday. eBates, Gator and WhenU cronie merchant's links plastered all over the place. I let 'em have it with both barrels.

Ernie

It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

ABW Ambassador
    Winterpeg, the Mosquito Capital of Canada
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Connie you take one end I'll take the other and make a wish. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LMAO Poor Charlie
    Newer bird version of Lets fry some up

WW

Make a difference! Support your local Cancer Care providers.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread