Arrow $25 Gift Certificate (Amazon) Possible for Review of SEM Providers
    Hi,

I received an e-mail today and thought I'd pass on the information to you.
    "If you are among the first 50 people to submit reviews by Friday, March 7th will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate – no strings attached."
    SEMCompare (www.semcompare.com) is looking for any experiences with a Search Engine Marketing provider - good or bad -- it will be anonymous, only a nickname of your choice will be displayed to the public.

If you’ve hired an SEM agency in the past or currently using one, we want to hear from you! Please take a few moments to share your experience with them – good or bad – and write a review of that provider. Your review will play an important part in setting a new standard in customer evaluation of SEM providers. Writing a review is quick, easy and your information is kept completely anonymous.

*SPECIAL OFFER* The first 50 people that will write a review will receive a $25 Amazon gift card!
    To begin, simply fill out the short form below. Remember - your private information will remain anonymous.
    The url to use in order to submit your comments/review for the $25 Amazon Gift Certificate is:

http://semcompare.com/share.php

I have not hired any SEM providers so I will not be submitting any evaluations/reviews but perhaps someone here would like to check out this opportunity to receive the $25 gift certificate if you have had any experience with any SEM providers.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

I think the format of the review/evaluation form to submit is interesting.

To-the-point questions are good to include when creating questionnaires/evaluation forms/customer feedback
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

ABW Ambassador
    Did they *promise* a gift certificate, or is one just possible, maybe, if Jupiter and Mars are lined up straight, and if the reviews knock their competitors well enough.

First off, people will need to identify themselves to get a gift certificate, and there isn't a privacy policy that can be found. Secondly they'd better have some good liability insurance because they could easily get their asses sued.

Seeing that the outfit doing this site is an SEM agency (mordcomm.com), this looks 100% like they're doing this as a way to get contact information on qualified prospects to sell their services to.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Did they *promise* a gift certificate, or is one just possible, maybe, if Jupiter and Mars are lined up straight, and if the reviews knock their competitors well enough.
    I received the e-mail at this time:

date Thu, Mar 6, 2008 at 12:57 PM
    subject Review a Search Marketing Firm, Get a $25 Gift Card

The e-mail said:
    If you've had any experiences with a Search Engine Marketing provider - good or bad - it would be greatly appreciated if you could contribute a review of that company to the site. It only takes a few minutes, the review is fully anonymous, and will add a great value to the community. Plus, the first 50 people to submit reviews by Friday, March 7th will receive a $25 Amazon.com gift certificate – no strings attached.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Seeing that the outfit doing this site is an SEM agency (mordcomm.com), this looks 100% like they're doing this as a way to get contact information on qualified prospects to sell their services to.
    Well, I'm not biting

My major question is: how can the sequence of reviews be verified?
    I believe that they will distribute the Amazon gift certificates to the first 50 reviews they receive.

I met a representative at a show and signed up for a free magazine. I enjoy all the free magazines that I get [from the tradeshows]

I enjoy writing reviews but I don't have experience with hiring SEM agencies, so I'll opt out of this contest.
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread