No Longer Banned!
    BackLinks. ~ What differnt Types are there ??....
    Hi.

What different things = Back Links ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Here's a few:

reciprocal backlinks- links obtained by trading links with another web site (you link to me, I link to you).
    one-way backlinks- links to your site(s) which did not require you to provide a reciprocal link, someone simply liked your site or what you offer.
    contextual backlinks- links back to your site embedded within a sentence or paragraph. (i.e. The other day I went to the store and bought a new pair of socks). The are popular within blogposts these days, you can get a blogger to write a review about your site/product and include a contextual backlink.
    paid advertising links- links obtained by paying the webmaster/company to display your link on their site.
    directory links- links back to your site obtained by submitting your site(s) to web directories. Some are free, some are paid.

One last tip regarding backlinks, use proper anchor text. The link on your sig should probably be sports apparel, not just stevesapparel.com. This helps search engines figure out what your site is all about.

Hope this helps

Very useful info felit0, I just bookmarked your post!

any other tips for back linking like the 'anchor text' tip?

No Longer Banned!
    Advice From The Master !....
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    Here's a few:

reciprocal backlinks- links obtained by trading links with another web site (you link to me, I link to you).
    one-way backlinks- links to your site(s) which did not require you to provide a reciprocal link, someone simply liked your site or what you offer.
    contextual backlinks- links back to your site embedded within a sentence or paragraph. (i.e. The other day I went to the store and bought a new pair of socks). The are popular within blogposts these days, you can get a blogger to write a review about your site/product and include a contextual backlink.
    paid advertising links- links obtained by paying the webmaster/company to display your link on their site.
    directory links- links back to your site obtained by submitting your site(s) to web directories. Some are free, some are paid.

One last tip regarding backlinks, use proper anchor text. The link on your sig should probably be sports apparel, not just stevesapparel.com. This helps search engines figure out what your site is all about.

Hope this helps
    That's off the hook !

Thanks !

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Good post felit0. Very clear and to the point plus a good tip at the end. You need to post more often.

-sfcom

SteveWilliams- glad to be of help

sfcom- thank you for the compliments

buyjewelry- alright, here's one more tip regarding backlinks:

Backlinks from relevant sites are more beneficial than non-related backlinks. For example in Steve's case, a backlink from a sports related site will be more beneficial for SERP (search engine results page) rankings than a backlink from a financial site. Although, I must clarify my motto is "any backlink is better than no backlink", the more backlinks you have is generally better. I'm just saying relevant topic backlinks are more beneficial.

Cheers

No Longer Banned!
    How Many BackLinks Are need for Steady Traffic ?...
    Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    SteveWilliams- glad to be of help

sfcom- thank you for the compliments

buyjewelry- alright, here's one more tip regarding backlinks:

Backlinks from relevant sites are more beneficial than non-related backlinks. For example in Steve's case, a backlink from a sports related site will be more beneficial for SERP (search engine results page) rankings than a backlink from a financial site. Although, I must clarify my motto is "any backlink is better than no backlink", the more backlinks you have is generally better. I'm just saying relevant topic backlinks are more beneficial.

Cheers
    Generally speaking, how many back links are a good rule of thumb for a steady respectable flow of organic traffic ?

Steve

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread