The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    Song Lyrics
    Every once in while I get a song through my head that I can't get rid of. Anyway, tonight was such a night and I got the song playing. I knew some of the lyrics I couldn't make out. So since I was infront of my computer I called up the lyrics. It was worse than I though. It I got 20% of the lyrics right (even while listening to it live) I got alot. It's not like the song was heavy metal of garbled rap. It was just an ordinary rock song.

Anyway, I didn't know what the song was talking about before I knew the lyrics, now that I know, I am even more bafffled :-) Anyway I guess I can enjoy a song even without knowing the lyrics :-)

Here are some of the lyrics and I have heard this song 100s of times over the years and if I read them I wouldn't have a clue what song they are from you you know? I'm sure some of you do, but very few...certainly those under 30 probably wouldn't know although I think the song is quite popular on the classic rock stations :-)

"Some brimstone baritone anticyclone rolling stone preacher from the east
    Says, "Dethrone the dictaphone, hit it in it's funny bone,
    that's where they expect it least"
    And some new-mown chaperone was standin' in the corner,
    watching the young girls dance
    And some fresh-sown moonstone was messin' with his frozen zone, reminding him of romance
    The calliope crashed to the ground"
    Last edited by oranges; March 8th, 2008 at 05:37 AM. Reason: Added song lyrics
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

No Longer Banned!
    Mikse Strange Song....
    Mike

I have heard some really great songs over the years, only to find out later on the they describe some really bazaar/ immoral stuff.

Like you, I just try to enjoy the song anyway.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

The affiliate formerly known as ojmoo
    You might not know what they are talking about but at least you can understand the words. I know there are songs like "I'm think I'm turning Japanese" in which you don't know what they are talking about until someone explains it to you. And I used to think White Snake was a reptile. And unless you read the lyrics, you couldn't possible know the line in "Day in the LIfe" is "Nobody knows how many holes it takes to fill the Albert Hall"

But the amount of lyrics I got wrong on this song is frightening.
    Expert who says Moo

a.k.a. OJMOO

Cow Dance

No Longer Banned!
    Somebodoy done somebody wrong song....
    Mike

Yeah, me too. I tend to get most of the lyrics wrong. The tough part for me is to find the written lyrics to most songs. crazy but true.

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

Kind of Mis-read this at first. I guess you weren't really looking for the name of the song or the artist. I will admit the lyrics are pretty bizarre. It's amazing how many songs don't really make sense when you get a chance to actually "read" the lyrics.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

It's actually a Springsteen original. Manfred Mann covered it.

from the wiki entry:

The song's swiftly-paced, jumbled lyrics are stream of consciousness descriptions of a series of bizarre individuals he met while a young artist in New Jersey. Playing small venues, such as bars along the Jersey Shore, Springsteen recounts various characters from these events. He alludes to Vini "Mad Dog" Lopez, then his drummer, in the opening line "Madman drummers", as well as the "silicone sister" (bartender, possibly referring to an erotic dancer) who encourages him to play a particular, unknown song. United by the chorus: "And (s)he was blinded by the light/cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night/Blinded by the light/(S)he got down but (s)he never got tight, (s)he's gonna make it (alright) tonight", the song goes on to chronicle Springsteen's trouble to get the bar patrons, who rarely cared about or even heard the music, to get excited by his performance.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinded_by_the_Light
    Joseph Lilly
    PartnerWeekly, LLC 702.407.0707 joe.lilly at partnerweekly.com
    PartnerWeekly

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread