New to SAS - login trouble
    Just signed up yesterday and am having trouble logging in. Haven't heard back from SAS yet, so I though I'd check here. It hangs on the "validating login and password" redirect. When I click the "if you are not automatically redirected, click here" link, it kicks me back to an error page with a 501 code. I'm aware of no security conflicts with any of my other software, so I'm a bit confused. Any ideas?

Btw, I'm a member of several other affiliates, and outside of the linkshare issues every one else has dealt with, this is the only one I have had trouble with.

Thanks,

-CNoMo

Hi CNoMo, everybody gets the red 500 once in awhile. There's a whole thread here about it somewhere. I believe they decided that clearing your cache would let you in OK. It's a Firefox issue mostly but once you get in OK then usually it stays OK after that. Usually.

thanks for the assist. didn't work, but still appreciated.

There may be much more information in the thread itself, the search at the top of the page could help you look it up; that's the best way to find fast answers in ABW. BTW I just had small server timeout problems myself but I got in.

Yep, read those last night. I'm starting to wonder if it's an issue of my login not being live yet. I received an email stating it was, as part of the "fast track" confirmation, but I have my suspicions. I'll just wait until they respond. They had a program I needed info on asap, but the weekends blown, so what's another day...

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    I think it's a problem specific to Firefox - if you try logging in through IE, you shouldn't have the problem.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

I've been dealing with this issue for years. Its when you click a SAS aff link you get logged out the next time you try to visit SAS. I've found that if I click 2-3 SAS aff links I get 2-3 login failures, so it's really annoying. I would love for this to get fixed more than anything at SAS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexanne
    I think it's a problem specific to Firefox - if you try logging in through IE, you shouldn't have the problem.
    Using IE is *never* a solution in my book

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Snib

Using IE is *never* a solution in my book

- Scott
    heh heh heh - agree - I suffer with FF and SAS log in issues to avoid it.
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Actually, I'm using IE 7 and I get the 501. Firefox gives me a 600 error within the page.

I may have narrowed down the issue, just waiting to hear back from SAS support. I did a password request and it came back saying that there is a whitespace character in the password, although there is none, per se. There is a special character (!) that may be treated as such and causing a hiccup. I've requested a password change to see if this is the problem.

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread