Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Why am I not making any money???
    hi im advertising something on google (no my website but straight to the site im an affiliate with) and i dont know what im doing wrong... i havnt made any money yet.. it seems like its impossible to make any money doing this please help pleaseee

You've come to a great place the best way to get started is to start reading, you can start with doing a search on the member call "Donuts". He will give you some great help.
    LincolnAve

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    Does anyone else smell a long con, or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhea
    Does anyone else smell a long con, or is it just me?
    Now the whispering begins...

Long Con?
    I was thinking of it as a "quickie con".

Pretty thin, too.
    LincolnAve

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Blowupdollie
    hi im advertising something on google (no my website but straight to the site im an affiliate with) and i dont know what im doing wrong... i havnt made any money yet.. it seems like its impossible to make any money doing this please help pleaseee
    Can't help you because you've provided no details. How many clicks, how much are you spending, the merchant which you may or may not want to name etc.

But if it's a merchant that first allows direct linking.
    Then if you have your links setup right.
    Then if you're sending them some targetted traffic.
    You should be getting some sales.

I'm been trying some of that direct linking for the first time ever last month and some doing good with, some not doing good. Some of the not doing good I think would be better with a landing page first, at least the ones I'm using. All experimentation.

sorry i thought i may not being givin enough detail lol...
    i only have a ten dollar a day budget and i spend about 35 cents per click... today i ran my ad all day and got about twenty two clicks... and im pretty sure as usual i wont make a sale.. please help i dont have alot of money to put into this

if you can't afford it, as you obviously can't if you can only spend $10 a day perhaps you need to find something else to do.

If you don't use approstrophe's and are as vague in your ads as you are here, that is probably why people aren't clicking, and you're not making money.

ABW Ambassador
    sorry i thought i may not being givin enough detail lol...
    i only have a ten dollar a day budget and i spend about 35 cents per click... today i ran my ad all day and got about twenty two clicks... and im pretty sure as usual i wont make a sale.. please help i dont have alot of money to put into this
    With that, 22 clicks is not enough traffic to make any judgements. If you're just starting out/have a limited budget, I would try to shoot for some 5 cent or 10 cent keywords. One way to do that is get them as targetted as possible which also helps in the conversions.

This place is getting more and more like Whack-A-Mole.

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks bumpaw, I needed a good laugh.

This reminds me of the line from the movie Ratatouille: "It is not that everyone can cook, but that a great cook can come from anywhere."

Similarly... It is not that everyone can make money online, but a great online marketer can come from anywhere.

Don't buy into the hype that making money online is easy. Not everyone is cut out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ghoti
    This reminds me of the line from the movie Ratatouille: "It is not that everyone can cook, but that a great cook can come from anywhere."
    Ghoti, while this is not the first time I've seen a rat quoted, it is the first time I've seen a cartoon rat quoted .

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

i dont have alot of money to put into this
    There are low-cost ways to get into affiliate marketing, and high-cost ways to get into affiliate marketing - PPC is a high-cost way, as you're learning. If you don't have a lot of money to put into this, you probably shouldn't be doing it. Try getting started with one of the low-cost ways, and working your way up to a budget that will cover the high-risk PPC method. It's very, very easy to blow a lot of money on PPC if you don't know what you're doing.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

well... if ten dollars is to low for a daily budget.. what would be a good budget?

I'm not saying $10 a day is too low for a budget, it depends on how long you can sustain that amount. There's no magic number for someone to say "you should budget $X per day and you'll succeed". Ten per day might be high for one type of campaign, low for another.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    If you are getting ZERO conversions then a budget above zero is too high IMHO.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    I think you should take baby steps and ditch the PPC. Try something that has an easier entrance level.

Nothing is easy, but compared to PPC you might have more success. Put up some squidoo pages and add affiliate links, start a blog, start a site about a topic you love... as they say...there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Save that $10 to pay for hosting and other things you might need for your new website.

Good luck.

(Yes I am biased because I rarely engage in PPC)

i need to know though... say if i had was paying around fourty cents or so per click and had a much higher daily budget... how many clicks would be a good amount to stay expecting sales? and if i make only one sale or so how am i even going to break even?

i need to know though... say if i had was paying around fourty cents or so per click and had a much higher daily budget...
    What about your site? Does it convert?
    Maybe you should concentrate on getting organic traffic (i.e. free traffic from search engines).
    ~Rhia7 -- Remember the 7
    Twitter me

i need to know though... say if i had was paying around fourty cents or so per click and had a much higher daily budget... how many clicks would be a good amount to stay expecting sales? and if i make only one sale or so how am i even going to break even?
    If you are doing Direct To Merchant with Adwords, it all depends on which merchant you are promoting to see your conversion rate. The average for direct to merchant is about 1%. That's 1 sale in every 100 clicks. It could be more, it could be less, it all depends on which merchant and how popular they are. It may take 200 clicks to make a sale, or it might just take 50.

So it's time to do the math. If you pay .40 cents per click, and it takes you 100 clicks to make a sale, you just spent $40.00 for 1 sale. Will your commission off this one sale be over $40? If not, then you need to re-think your cost per clicks, and your daily budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanadili
    So it's time to do the math. If you pay .40 cents per click, and it takes you 100 clicks to make a sale, you just spent $40.00 for 1 sale. Will your commission off this one sale be over $40? If not, then you need to re-think your cost per clicks, and your daily budget.
    With this kind of math, I think even if you have more than 100$ per day budget, it still an unprofitable campaign.

I can't imagine how affiliates with their own landing page will have a success doing PPC.

So, does any affiliate actually have a success with PPC campaign?

PPC is a lot more work than building a website, it requires constant monitoring and tweaking, it is not a place for newbies unless they have unlimited money to spend while they gain an education. No one can tell you how to do it because every campaign is different. If it was easy we would all do it and forget about building and maintaining websites. You can pour in $200 a day and never get a commission. The same money invested at a racetrack or on lottery tickets is more likely to pay off if you don't know what you are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by shilmy
    I can't imagine how affiliates with their own landing page will have a success doing PPC.
    Having your own landing page and doing DTM (Direc to Merchant) PPC are two different things. If you have your own landing page, your chances of making more than 1% go up. How well you have your landing page setup determines how much more.
    So, does any affiliate actually have a success with PPC campaign?
    Yes, many do.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast