Reporting Delays + Linkbuilder Discrepancies
    Hello everyone, this is my first time posting but I've been lurking these forums for some time. I've been using Linkshare for at least 3-4 years off and on, but wanted to ask fellow forum members about their experiences with the new dashboard:

1) Reporting Delays

I've been noticing a significant reporting delay ever since the new Dashboard went up; I've basically gone from sales every other day, to only one day of sales in the past month. Has anyone else noticed spotty reporting lately (well, spottier than usual)?

Of course, sales are never consistent, but I'm seeing different commission totals depending on whether I'm on the main screen, clicking on the Reports tab, or running Individual Item / Sales Activity reports.

Even logging back into the old Linkshare interface is showing inconsistent reporting. I've been trying to be patient but it's coming up on nearly a week of delayed/inconsistent reporting and I am getting a little concerned.

2) Linkbuilder Discrepancies

When the new Dashboard went live, I was excited to see the Linkbuilder graphic available on all of my merchants; in the past, certain merchants did not allow me to create links to specific products.

However, in the past few days I've seen the graphics disappear for select Merchants, including:
    - Macy's
    - Walmart

Has anyone else noticed this? Note that both Macy's and Walmart had a Linkbuilder graphic for a few days, but they've since been removed. I know with Walmart, their Linkbuilder never did quite work properly anyway -- it seems like Walmart was purposely breaking out of the frames interface that Linkshare uses with its Linkbuilder.

--

Please note that I am overall quite impressed with the new dashboard. I look forward to seeing further improvements to the new interface!

-Aznbbj

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Hi aznbbj and welcome to ABW.

As to reporting problems, in the old interface, reports seem to be as up-to-date as they have ever been. In the new interface, however, it seems up and down. Reports on the home page seem to not be brought current at the same time as what you can get in the reports section, and even that seems to lag behind the old interface reports.

As to linkbuilder, I'm also not too happy. In another thread, I wrote how great it was to have linkbuilder for all joined merchants, including many, especially Walmart, that never had it before. Now, however, it is gone from walmart, and others, including another biggie for me, International Wine Accessories. I've built and added many product links from these 2 in the past couple of weeks, and now I wonder if they will work and if they will track.

But, for Walmart, you can still build individual product links through their own Affiliate Portal, here.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Hi AffiliateHound, thanks so much for the quick response.

I didn't even know about that tool from WalMart -- thanks for letting me know! I'll definitely be using that. I just checked one of the links I created for WalMart using the LinkBuilder before it was removed -- it is definitely redirecting fine, although I can't be sure if it's tracking.

As for the reporting, I have a sneaking suspicion that it's just one of my merchants (one that accounts for a majority of my sales) that is lagging at this point. It is funny -- on the new interface, in the reporting tab I have a higher amount for commissions than what I see in the old interface. So I hope in this case the new interface is right, just so I can sleep better.

Let's hope they work some of these kinks out, as the new interface shows a lot of promise.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    I've emailed International Wine Accessories about the linkbuilder issue. It will be interesting to see their response - if I get one.

Your're right about tracking questions, but the new linkbuilder links I have active that I have tested are also all still working.

Can the LinkShare Moderator add anything about these linkbuilder issues?
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

Reporting Delays...
    Hello aznbbj

Yeah i have the same reporting problem since februarys last week and this month, i have about 1000 clicks but there is no SALES! It's not possible. Because my conversion was quite good. Well, i've sent two emails to the linkshare support team, they've replied my email in a few hours, that was fast! They wrote this "You may need to allow a little time for the sales for this month to update and show up in the reports". So my friend i'm still waiting. Hope everything is gonna be good. I recommend you to send an email about your issue.

Regards

Leo

Quote Originally Posted by aznbbj
    Hello everyone, this is my first time posting but I've been lurking these forums for some time. I've been using Linkshare for at least 3-4 years off and on, but wanted to ask fellow forum members about their experiences with the new dashboard:

1) Reporting Delays

I've been noticing a significant reporting delay ever since the new Dashboard went up; I've basically gone from sales every other day, to only one day of sales in the past month. Has anyone else noticed spotty reporting lately (well, spottier than usual)?

Of course, sales are never consistent, but I'm seeing different commission totals depending on whether I'm on the main screen, clicking on the Reports tab, or running Individual Item / Sales Activity reports.

Even logging back into the old Linkshare interface is showing inconsistent reporting. I've been trying to be patient but it's coming up on nearly a week of delayed/inconsistent reporting and I am getting a little concerned.

2) Linkbuilder Discrepancies

When the new Dashboard went live, I was excited to see the Linkbuilder graphic available on all of my merchants; in the past, certain merchants did not allow me to create links to specific products.

However, in the past few days I've seen the graphics disappear for select Merchants, including:
    - Macy's
    - Walmart

Has anyone else noticed this? Note that both Macy's and Walmart had a Linkbuilder graphic for a few days, but they've since been removed. I know with Walmart, their Linkbuilder never did quite work properly anyway -- it seems like Walmart was purposely breaking out of the frames interface that Linkshare uses with its Linkbuilder.

--

Please note that I am overall quite impressed with the new dashboard. I look forward to seeing further improvements to the new interface!

-Aznbbj

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread