Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    PepperJam Network Affiliate Forum - Please READ
    All,

As we all know PepperJam Network launched a forum here on ABestWeb, it lasted less than a day as Pepperjam requested the forum closed. I complied but encouraged them (for hours on the phone) to re-open their forum to really address the issues here on ABW and that hiding what happened would not aid them moving forward at all. I was told that they maybe wanted to re-open the forum around February 15th, but instead I've received requests to refund their fee. Although I have a "no refund once it's live" policy I will refund their fee as I see that they aren't desirous of re-opening the forum.

With the scuttlebutt on the street along with the recent issue with PJN and CJ (http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=102287) I see a real need for a dedicated forum for this network, if not for merchant issues then the drama. As such, I've decided to re-open this forum to facilitate uncensored posting in this unsponsored forum.
    Last edited by Haiko de Poel, Jr.; March 9th, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Grammar
    Continued Success,

Haiko
    The secret of success is constancy of purpose ~ Disraeli

Great move Haiko. Whether they participate or not there needs to be a place to share information and to air legitimate concerns. Like them or not, they are another network that will in some way have an affect on most of us whether we decide to work with them or not.

-rematt
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." - Richard Nixon

No Longer Banned!
    Chris Slammed Into The Wall And Got His Peppers In A Jam ?...
    Haiko

This is the same khris that I met at the Summit and was a speaker there ?

Founder of pepper jam network ? :confusion2:

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; March 9th, 2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: my texas spelling spree again...
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Founder of pepper jam network ?
    Yep.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Great move Haiko
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

15 years and counting
    I can't believe they were so cheap to ask for a refund. They really like free advertising.

Affiliate Network Rep
    Haiko,

Thanks for re-opening this forum and I agree with you that it's better that it isn't sponsored by Pepperjam Network.

We are willing to address any issues your members have.

In fact, it would be extremely helpful to Pepperjam and to your members if maybe YOU or some other ABW moderator went ahead and summarized the concerns and we would be happy to address the issues in turn, before ABW members ask multiple variations of the same question. This way - your members will know how we feel and deal with specific issues before assuming the answers.

If you deliver some questions here on this thread we'd be happy to provide answers. However, it's gonna be impossible to participate if this board turns hostile without allowing us to answer questions. Also, understand that at this point we do not have the resources to monitor this thread 24-7. That's not to say we won't address important questions as soon as possible and it doesn't mean we might proactively use this board or others to share information about Pepperjam Network for those ABW members interested.

We sincerely appreciate your taking this initiative - it demonstrates your leadership.

I think it gives an opportunity for your members, as well as Pepperjam, to address open concerns.

Moreover, I think this opportunity gives the ABW membership an opportunity to allow Pepperjam to address important questions without peppering (no pun intended) us with dozens of variations of the same question, which makes it impossible to respond to the real issue, answer follow-ups, and move on to other issues.

Note that it's Sunday and I'll be spending most of the day with family. Therefore, if you can summarize the concerns I'll attempt to provide answers by late tonight or tomorrow and then at that point I'm sure there will be follow-up questions.

Let's see if we can make this work.

The slot machine that IS paid! Billy Kay's Avatar
    Excellent idea
    Excellent reasoning
    Don't agree on the refund, but not my call

No Longer Banned!
    Kris and The Wall....
    Quote Originally Posted by Haiko de Poel, Jr.
    Yep.
    Haiko

This kinda sounds like the thing between Flying J and ComData a few years back.

ComData sued the crap out of Flying J and needless to say, Flying J lost they shorts.

Flying J pilfered ComData's Network and robbed ComData of they customers and used ComDatas Proprietary info to do it.

Am I on track in my understanding here ? {Some detail circumstances might vary some, but generally speaking..}

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

Pepperjam (Kris?), perhaps you could start by answering the questions about Upromise and incentive sites which you dodged in this thread.

And congratulations on getting your cake and eating it, too -- apparently you'll get the forum you paid for (though not a censored forum as you wanted) and you'll also get a refund of what you paid.

15 years and counting
    I don't understand why someone will answer questions on a forum if it's free and refuse to do it if it's their own paid forum. Does it make sense?

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Your team has already seen the concerns yet you refused to answer by giving us hype about how wonderful your company is. Ok, we get it.

But to give you the benefit of the doubt, here are the questions that were already asked (and ignored)

MrBSHouse Asked:
    The first thought that comes to mind is that as a super affiliate turned network, how would I as an affiliate be assured my hard work (keywords for one) are not later used within your other ventures.

PetsWareHouse.com Asked:
    What is the networks postion on the allowing Ebates and others like them to join?What controls if any are in place?

Ghoti Asked:
    I see Upromise listed there... What kind of services do you provide for them, if you don't mind me asking?

Mark

The ABW conference showed we shouldn't jump on a merchant as soon as they come here and say hello - even if there's a lot of issues to jump all over.

We have to make them feel welcome first... weather we agree with their methods or not... it's best to have them a participating member of the community first, so we can "discuss", rather then "jump"

So lets break out the coffee and donuts first amd make small talk

I KNOW that sounds sarcastic, but it's not.

BK,

PJN knows the deal, if they care to participate that's great, if not that's ok also, this forum is for affiliate's benefit. That said, obviously it would behoove PJN to participate without spin or claims of unprofessionalism by members, as we can see in the previous thread, there was NOTHING unprofessional by members, only censorship and avoidance by PJN.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Welcome Kris.

To all, let's be professional and frame questions in a diplomatic method. AKA Not jump on merchants or networks.

About Haiko and PJ, that is his decision and if he sees it as a benefit to ABW/all affiliates, kudos to H. Let's not pass any judgement on Haiko/Kris/PJ.

For the record, I never like the idea of AM, OPM, Network.
    There is a saying in asia, "it's like getting the fence to keep out the weeds" (same as geeting the fox to take care of the chicken)

Affiliate Network Rep
    Eric,

Do you volunteer to put questions together for Pepperjam to answer or is it going to be Haiko or someone else?

FYI - I've already mentioned to my friend Haiko that we will be posting our responses and follow-ups here, not on any other previously created board.

Billy Kay - I sincerely respect the approach you are taking here and I know that you are one of the ABW members with unanswered questions about Pepperjam and Pepperjam Network. You've expressed that a civilized discussion is more important and fair to the merchant / network / advertiser and more productive to ABW members than jumping on the merchant / network / advertiser, etc. I agree and those are the grounds that we are willing to participate on ABW.

Thanks.

Not jumping on you but are you yanking our chains or did you not see thatI just posted 3 valid questions from forum members . There they are, complied in one little post. Care to start with those?

I don't see why Eric or Haiko has to post them in order for you to answer but if that's what you prefer....the questions will remain the same.

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by pepperjam
    Eric,

Do you volunteer to put questions together for Pepperjam to answer or is it going to be Haiko or someone else?
    I do not mind doing that.

IMHO, this is just something that I am throwing out.
    It would be like a Q&A that Angel prepared. 3 rounds.
    Questions will be preparred by ABW members voted on as to the importance (not myself) and then sent over for answers.
    Following that, if the A is vague, it goes for 2 other rounds.

If ABW members think it's a bad idea, just forget it.

Wink
    It's a great idea but any answers you will get from them will just be more spin - if you get any answers at all.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Ewe
    I do not mind doing that.

IMHO, this is just something that I am throwing out.
    It would be like a Q&A that Angel prepared. 3 rounds.
    Questions will be preparred by ABW members voted on as to the importance (not myself) and then sent over for answers..
    Is it really that deep? Seriously. If they wanted to answer the questions then they could just straight up answer the questions. They are already on the forum and they know what the concerns are.

It's not like we are talking about the President of the US who needs people to screen questions before they get to him.

Give me a break.

I was trying to give them the benefit of the doubt but I'm done. All this jumping through hoops to get a straight up answer is all the answer I need.

15 years and counting
    I don't understand why an ex-affiliate can't anwer directly the questions of other affiliates. Is it so hard?
    Do we have an other Messer on board?
    Is somebody there looking for a job? Come on!

This is a long shot, but it would be a shame for all involved to miss a true Golden Opportunity.

There are obviously numerous people at ABW with anti-PJ feelings

Yet, there are others not of ABW who seem to think they're great.

haiko had the forsight to reopen this forum.

Kris is here - which means he knows ABW is a force that needs to be addressed.

We're at 2 extremes - yet we're together.

So my long-shot suggestion is either the Eric thing just mentioned... or... and I know this will sound like coddling and set a dangerous precendent... but if it works... everyone wins...

We have one member who can write professionally, and knowledgabe, without a hint of venom...

MichaelColey...

perhaps a read-only forum where michael and kris discuss the things that are on everyone's minds without anyone interjecting "Oh that's just spin", etc

and we can come back here to this thread and tear it apart (LOL)

Something to think about

15 years and counting
    Why do you think Haiko decided to open a forum at HIS expense? To give us the possibility to express FREELY our concerns as affiliates.
    And you would like to help PepperJam to CONTROL this forum?

Actually, I'd prefer members to simply post a question as a new thread in this forum, if PJ wants to answer it, they will, if not then fine. There is absolutely no need for a liaison --- just do it or not.

Affiliates have Questions, does PJN have REAL Answers? That is all that needs to be addressed.
    Continued Success,

Haiko

I'm afraid I must agree that giving PJ some special, extraordinary "process" to communicate here would be disrespectful to the community.

And I would certainly not want to put anyone I respect (such as Eric or Michael or Haiko) into a position where they will absolutely, positively end up having their character and integrity attacked.

After a question is repeated many times (like the questions about Upromise and incentive sites), and PJ chooses not to answer, it's not an issue of effective communication -- they have already decided not to answer.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast