I have been in business since September 10, 2001. I am classified as a Class 25 Designer. I am basically required to have 9 designs a season based upon a twice yearly release. I read the boards here and the bit about the Adwords. Yes, I have a whole lot of other merchants on my site. But, I have in my own database of products 27-28. Which is where it should be for a 9 release per season. Because I've been around on the internet since the end of December, 28th, 2001, I missed the entire 2001 year, basically. I'm doing it according to Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter, the old way of release. I recently retired one product. My problem is this, my affiliates pages cover more pages than my own obviously. But the way I have them set up is product based. I just wanted to see what Google would say. I applied and of course was declined. I was teetering between No. 2 and 1 in the Cayas keyword. Now, after the adwordthing they have basically wiped me out. I'm basically back where I started from, or worse. Although my rankings is appoximately 107,000 range. It went to 106,111 on the 8th. Today it is 107,021. One other search engine site, since then is listing me where it says commercial as NO. Where is it declared in writing that these people can play God? I am commercial, but I'm also an affiliate of other great merchants listed throughout these pages. Since I'm so new, they are the filler, for it will be quite awhile before I can completely fill a website all my own products. Is there someone I can complain to about all of this? It just isn't right, and frankly, I'm madder than a hornet's nest. I added another product this past month. Any and all suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

All I Ask Is A Chance To Prove That Money Can't Make Me Happy!

CABH- I'm with you on this case, I'v been doing affiliate marketing and had several popular websites for over 7 years or ever when tripod.com opened offering free webspace, no advertising. of course I don't use a free host now, but I applied to google adsense and they rejected me and I'm totally upset I emailed them with my concerns and they ignored it. I have to say google to me is just not being fair to those who don't have the revenue to fullfill products and stuff and actually has very popular targeted business material. Anyway I wish we could change this.

I imagine google adsense is based on statistics more so than sites they like or don't like.

ABW Ambassador
    What is the problem?

Adwords, Adsense, Poor ranking?

----
    -JM

oops I meant Adsense, here

Although you refer to AdWords, I assume you're talking about being rejected by the AdSense program. If so, you should be aware that AdSense is a program for Web "publishers" (Google's term, not mine) rather than Web marketers. Google doesn't expressly prohibit e-commerce sites from displaying AdSense ads, but the program is clearly geared toward "content" or information sites that deliver targeted editorial pages to advertisers and readers.

ABW Ambassador
    Not clear on what you're actually talking about here, CABH. It sounds like you have a small number of your own products plus some affiliate links to fill out your site until your own inventory gets bigger. Is this right ?

If so, are you talking about trying to get into Froogle via their feed ?

Search Engine Positioning - 1 Design 4 Life

Let me retry to explain. Since the beginning of June, my site's traffic has exploded totally upward. I was maintaining the No. 1 to 2 spot in my keyword for over a year now. I may have misspelled AdSense, but that's what I mean. The day after I got the reject notice, you can't find me anywhere under my keyword. They totally wiped me out. Under the Cayas keyword. According to the year and a half I have been online, the number of products in my own design database is where it should be. If not above. According to the 9 every season. I even made up for the time I was out of pocket from a small heart attack and phneumonia complications at the end of January. I was out of commission until the end of March. But this Google thing really PO'd me. Ladies aren't suppose to cuss, but boy have I been doing so here lately. I have enough content, but a shopping site shouldn't have to have that much content other than the product descriptions to begin with. Another question I have is this. Why can't this business be run like a normal business and this medium used as an asset, rather than a hendrance.

But back to the situation at hand. After this occurrence, another search engine has listed me as being non-commercial. I am commercial. An LLC, to be exact. I just wanted to let you know that you might seriously want to rethink this, before you endeavor it. Because they will definitely put the screws to you.

ABW Ambassador
    So what you're saying in English is...

You had great rankings. You then applied for Adsense (Adwords or Adsense?) and received a denial. At that point all your organic rankings went to hell?

Or am I missing the boat?

Yes.

While I still don't get what you're advising us to be aware of, but what I understand from Joseph's translation of what you say, I don't think anything related to AdSense has anything to fo with the regular rankings.

Well if you were doing something shady, maybe applying to adsense made them aware of it.

Excuse me, did you say Shady? I wasn't and am not doing a bleeping thing Shady. How dare you even suggest that. What planet did you fall off of, or as my mother-in-law would say fall up in. Maybe there's something you would like to tell us, for even coming up with that unbrilliant observation. I am simply putting my designs on clothing. Which are pretty good by the way. Just wait until you see what I have in mind for later. For my dear, I have just begun. My rankings are still high, I'm just not showing up anywhere. And this occurrence happened one day after the reject letter. I'm not a quitter, never have been and never will be. I'm waiting for the 2 years to be up so I can take them to market. And the best is yet to come! That's all I have to say in response to this.

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CABH:
    Excuse me, did you say Shady? I wasn't and am not doing a bleeping thing Shady. How dare you even suggest that. What planet did you fall off of, or as my mother-in-law would say fall up in. Maybe there's something you would like to tell us, for even coming up with that unbrilliant observation. I am simply putting my designs on clothing. Which are pretty good by the way. Just wait until you see what I have in mind for later. For my dear, I have just begun. My rankings are still high, I'm just not showing up anywhere. And this occurrence happened one day after the reject letter. I'm not a quitter, never have been and never will be. I'm waiting for the 2 years to be up so I can take them to market. And the best is yet to come! That's all I have to say in response to this.

All I Ask Is A Chance To Prove That Money Can't Make Me Happy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We shoot from the hip here, ma'am. qball was just calling things as it is, for you have not given us your URL, we are just exploring the options. From what you describe, his speculation fits the scenario. Your reaction almost confirms it, IMO.

IamJaloppy

"We shoot from the hip here, ma'am. qball was just calling things as it is, for you have not given us your URL, we are just exploring the options. From what you describe, his speculation fits the scenario. Your reaction almost confirms it, IMO.

IamJaloppy"

As I stated, I have been between No. 1 and 2 in this particular keyword for over a year now, and the day after I got my reject letter, I disappeared entirely, I'm now invisible. My ranking the day before was 106111, the date I disappeared, I went to 107,021. All I was trying to do, despite the hostility here, was to explain, that you might want to beware and rethink it, that's all. But, as any person alive, I don't appreciate being called "Shady". That's enough to PO anyone. I was just trying to be nice, and apparently the jesture of Southern Hospitality was not appreciated. They could have said anything else but "Shady".

[edited for URL protection]

[This message was edited by Haiko on July 13, 2003 at 11:27 PM.]

hmm your page doesn't fit in a resolution of 800 by 600 and your page doesn't have the right content of being properly indexed in google?

ABW Ambassador
    Thanks for the additional information. I think you are just fluxuating in the rankings. I see you at the #12 spot for that keyword on google 1, 2, and 3. The Alexa rating you are referencing (currently 107,021) is not related to Google.

I also found 129 results for "Cayas Designs" on WWW, 122 on WWW2, and 122 on WWW3. You were the 3rd result on all three servers.

I hope this helps and perhaps this was just a small shift in the rankings.

I doubt it would affect your rankings in Google at all.

IamJaloppy

Now, I'm baffled. Are you asking a question, or are you implying something in particular. I don't know what you mean about the 800x600. I have done this all on my own, with no help from anyone. I can't get the webhost to tell me anything without wanting to charge me $75.00 just for a question. So basically, I've winged it.

ABW Ambassador
    I'm missing something when you say
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>My ranking the day before was 106111, the date I disappeared, I went to 107,021.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is this? An alexa ranking or what???? Google ranks sites by pr in the range of 1 - 10 so I just don't see how these numbers tie in at all. If these numbers are what you're upset about you need to clarify them.

Your page does not fit in a regular window meaning you have to scroll to see all your page.

You might like to submit your site to the site review forum - there are quite a few design issues that could help improve your results.

'I am not young enough to know everything.'
    - Oscar Wilde

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Because they will definitely put the screws to you.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you seriously suggesting that after rejecting you for AdSense, the Google reviewer wanders down the corridor and asks the search engine quality team to place a manual penalty on your site?

What for - as punishment for daring to apply to the program?

I think it is just a co-incidence. Although, I do believe in conspiracies when it comes to SE's and their customers.

I had top five rankings for one of my sites for bunches of different pages at MSN, then one day - poof! Nothing, we were gone completely, not just a drop, but completely off the map.

It's no fun to be at the mercy of an SE for one's income, but that's the game we play

Fred

You might just be a redneck if..."Your talent in the local beauty pageant was making noises with your armpit"

TO MJCB: It's America, anything can happen. I don't know, and I really don't care. I've had the hardest start out this time in business than I have ever had in my entire history of running businesses. And right now, at this moment in history, I'm not going to let it get me down. But coincidence, I'm not sure of either. Who knows. It's like fighting a neverending battle. Us against Them. I just have to keep on keeping the faith I guess. Put on a little rock music, and keep on keeping on.

25. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread