I just put a bunch of AdWords banners on my best affiliate site, and I'm surprised by the amount of clicks. I also noticed a small uptick in traffic. Go figure. But the ads that appear directly compete with the products I have affiliate links for on my site. Although I haven't seen a noticeable drop in sales yet, I can't help but wonder if I'm losing affiliate sales (which pay much more than a Google AdSense click-through) to AdSense click-throughs. Is there a scenario where AdSense doesn't make $ense?

ABW Ambassador
    you can block sites from appearing in your adsense listings...for example, I had vbulletin ads showing up on one of my forums that I use vbulletin on, but of course I'd rather people use my affiliate link, and it isn't consistent w/ the content, so I blocked www.vbulletin.com

FreeCallz.com

I suggest you have a script made to read the referral information of your visitors and only show adsense based on specific criteria so you don't run into that problem.

I run my product links through a database and that's updated daily so I get quite a few products no longer in existance. I scripted it to only show adsense when products no longer exist. It's great because I now make good money where I used to loose out and adsense is never in competition for my products.

Celicaphile,

Thanks! I didn't know that. After further review, I found that under the Advanced Options section I can exclude sites from popping up. I think will be perfect. I just hop I don't exclude all the competitors and find no other advertisers for my keywords.

Spike

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread