Please Support "Relay For Life" (American Cancer Society)
    I'm asking for support (charitable donations) from ABW members for my "team" in the American Cancer Society "Relay for Life."

For those who don't know, "Relay for Life" is the American Cancer Society's biggest fundraising effort, and consists of thousands of local events across the United States throughout the year. Each event lasts 24 hours (from Saturday morning to Sunday morning), and members of each team take turns walking on a track for the entire 24 hours. There are lots of family-friendly activities, as well as ceremonies to remember and celebrate those who've suffered from cancer, and to "fight back" against cancer.

I attended my first Relay for Life event last year, and was quite moved.

This year, my wife (Kary) has volunteered to be the Hayward Event Co-Chairperson for our local Relay for Life, and I'm coordinating a team called "Pirates of the CUREibbean" and seeking out support from friends and family. But let me stress that I'm not just asking for support for our team -- I'm also encouraging you to participate in your own community's local Relay for Life event.

Here are ways you can support Relay for Life:

(1) Donate to support our team. (If at least five ABW members donate any amount to the American Cancer Society to support our team, I'll post pictures of me dressed in funny pirate attire, after the event.)

(2) Come attend our local "Relay for Life" event on May 17-18, 2008 in Hayward, California. You're also welcome to join our team!

(3) Attend the Relay for Life event in your local community. (Or join a local team. Or create your own team. Or donate to a local team. Or sponsor a local team, an entire local event, or become a national sponsor!)

FYI, the date and location for our local "Relay for Life" event has been changed (to July 26-27, 2008). Also, we had "borrowed" our original team name and theme from a team that attended an event in another city last year -- but this year, that team has decided to attend our event, so we've changed our team name and theme (to "The All-Knighters: Knights of the Round Table, Looking for a Cure"). The links above still work.

{ bump }

This is a hectic week in our home, as my wife coordinates the final preparations for this weekend's fundraiser. (We're also recovering from spending this past weekend supporting her daughter's volunteer work at a similar event in another town.)

I'm asking for support (charitable donations) from ABW members for my "team" in the American Cancer Society "Relay for Life."

For those who don't know, "Relay for Life" is the American Cancer Society's biggest fundraising effort, and consists of thousands of local events across the United States throughout the year. Each event lasts 24 hours (from Saturday morning to Sunday morning), and members of each team take turns walking on a track for the entire 24 hours. There are lots of family-friendly activities, as well as ceremonies to remember and celebrate those who've suffered from cancer, and to "fight back" against cancer.

I attended my first Relay for Life event last year, and was quite moved.

This year, my wife (Kary) has volunteered to be the Hayward Event Co-Chairperson for our local Relay for Life, and I'm coordinating a team called "Pirates of the CUREibbean" and seeking out support from friends and family. But let me stress that I'm not just asking for support for our team -- I'm also encouraging you to participate in your own community's local Relay for Life event.

Here are ways you can support Relay for Life:

(1) Donate to support our team.

(2) Come attend our local "Relay for Life" 24-hour event on July 26-27, 2008 in Hayward, California. You're also welcome to join our team, or just to come and attend the event for an hour or two to see what it's about.

(3) Attend the Relay for Life event in your local community. (Or join a local team. Or create your own team. Or donate to a local team. Or sponsor a local team, an entire local event, or become a national sponsor!)

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread