starting a greenhouse affiliate program: need opinions
    Hello,

My name is Andrew and I have been a member here for several years. I don't post much, but read a lot. I am exploring the possiblilty of starting and running an affiliate program that sells greenhouses. A local manufacturing company has recuited me to help sell the greenhouses online and so far there has been a good response. I'd like to take it to the next level and start an affiliate program for the company.

What I would like to know from you is:

1. Would you be interested in selling greenhouses?.

2. What commission schedule would be of interest to get you to participate?

3. Have you or do you sell greenhouses now and what do you like/dislike about the affiliate program you were/are in?

4. Any suggestions you may have.

These greenhouses are unique in that they are a single polycarbonate mold that is constructed with a resin that blocks the harmful UV rays that damage plants. The company also offers free delivery and setup.

Again, I'd like your input so I can see if there would be enough interest to move this project forward.

Have a good day,

Andrew

i haven't really heard of them, I will be looking into it.

ABW Ambassador
    Hi Andrew,

I would be interested in your products.

One of my garden merchants carries greenhouses, but urges customers to call by telephone to discuss purchasing greenhouses. They don't give affiliates credit for telephone purchases, so I am looking for another merchant.

I won't usually support any merchant unless there is a minimum 30 day return policy. To be competitive in the gardening industry a 15% commission is pretty much standard for flowers and tools. Some offer 10% and up depending on sales.

Good product pictures and descriptions are really important. Giving the same description for each product isn't helpful for me when I write marketing copy. It is necessary to know the unique benefits of each one. A lot of pre-sell is required with expensive items.

Anyways looking forward to more info.

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar
    Andrew

Please keep me updated on this too. I run a UK affiliate site promoting "sheds" and other things like greenhouses. If the range is large (400 - 1000 +) then the merchant is definitely worth promoting. May be tempted to operate a US target site for the product range if suitable.

Affiliates not accustomed to the product - average spend $1,800 - $6,000 with commissions basic set at 3%.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

this is for the US correct?

Outsourced Program Manager John Jupp's Avatar

Thats a typical polycarbonate greenhouse 6' wide by about 5' usual basket is around $400 flat pack. As the guy is from the US and the merchant is offering to assemble I presume the type will be more bespoke, so yes, I'd say it's for the US market.
    Flambi Media Limited - USA/UK/EU Affiliate Management Expertise

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread