ABW Ambassador
    CS-Cart
    I am helping a friend set up his website and online store and he is planning to use CS-Cart for his check-out. I have never heard of this cart and I was wondering if anyone else had any experience with it? Is it good, bad or ugly?

Tax Paying Member
    Looks inticing on the surface. I am looking for a cart also, therefore I have checked out several in the last few weeks. Lot of them show promise, but I keep running into brick walls and at different places on different carts.

As much as I dislike the checkout procedure, I keep comming back to Zen.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

Affiliate Manager PetsWarehouse.com's Avatar
    Take a look at Vpasp
    Bob Pets Warehouse
    Worlds Largest Pet Supply DataBase
    Join our Share-A-Sale Program [since 2003] Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Witzer
    As much as I dislike the checkout procedure, I keep comming back to Zen.
    I'm a huge Zen Cart fan as well. And there is finally a true 'one page' checkout mod available, it's clean, simple, and works quite well.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adambha
    I'm a huge Zen Cart fan as well. And there is finally a true 'one page' checkout mod available, it's clean, simple, and works quite well.

I have tried it on a test shop and have been unable to make it work. I am sure that it is just a little something that is not falling into place. Being a non-programmer...........It is sometimes difficult to tweak the code. Glad to know that it does work. That is incouragement to continue.

If I can get past this little glitch, I will stay with this cart for awhile.
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

We use VP-ASP. It's highly configurable, particularly if you are an ASP programmer. You can build an entire website around it. Customer service is good and there are regular updates. Lots of add-ons too.

Resident Genius and Staunch Capitalist Leader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adambha
    Yes!

But I'll have to see how it is in action...and, see if it converts any better than the other way before becoming really excited. A lot of people *say* they don't like registration, but people say a lot of baloney when it comes to stuff related to buying.

Have you tested conversions vs. the default method, or are you going by personal preference?

I'll probably test it myself either way, but if you or anyone's already got test results, it'd be interesting to know what they found. I've read some opinion pieces that speak against registration, and some poll results, but none who actually tested what actually works best (conversion-wise).
    There is no knowledge that is not power. ~Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by Leader
    Have you tested conversions vs. the default method, or are you going by personal preference?
    Sort of.

I am still in the 'planning' phase of migrating my site to the one page checkout, but I have set this up for a client who has seen a nice jump in conversions. Yet, this was implemented as part of a migration from osCommerce to Zen Cart, so it's not an isolated change and the jump could be attributed to a variety of factors.

from what I hear merchant service center offers a free gateway that integrates with cscart. I think I worked with mike bulger or something along those lines. I got there number as 800-320-0000, don't remeber his extension, im sure you can just ask for him, he's the sales manager, but i've been working with them for nearly two years. so far so good. good rates, no etf, no monthly minimum. i don't know about other shopping carts but i've definetly been satisfied with cscart.

Hi Guys!

I'm also interested in more info about cs-cart. I currently run oscommerce store but want to switch to cs-cart. Would appreciate if someone could give me a hand. Is there any tool or service that can help me with it? Thanks

11. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread