I know that this question has been debated before but I want to hear some fresh responses to a dilema that I am having. I want to launch a few affiliate websites. To save money I am looking to host them all on one large hosing account. However to do so a redirect string is neccesary. So the domains look like the following www.domain1/domain1 and www.domain2/domain2. Is having a set up like this going to hurt me when it comes time for spiders to be searching my site. If so what do you reccomend that I do. I am looking to start up 5 new websites that I have invested in and want the best return on my money. These sites are large 100megs each so hosting them seperately is costly. Thank you in advance for your help.

ABW Ambassador
    Why don't you just find a host that allows multiple domain names under one account. Thus, you could have www.domainone.com and www.domaintwo.com. This way, the SE's will like your site and you won't run into any problems with any redirection scripts.

Lots of webhosts allow multiple domains under one account - just a matter of find them.

Jim

TH Media offers One Gig with unlimited domains as a special to ABW members here: ABestWeb Members Plan 7

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Tracy........This plan looks good. Do you know what the monthly cost is? I cant find it on the site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tracy:
    TH Media offers One Gig with unlimited domains as a special to ABW members here: http://abw.thmedia.net

---
    _Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love._<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

TH's plan (not just Plan 7, but also the "public" plans) are really good - and you'd be supporting a fellow ABW'er.

If however it doesn't fit the bill exactly for you, you can try httpme.com too. Good performance and monitoring, servers based on East Coast. The owner is actually in Australia, but the distance hasn't had any impact on service as far as I can see.

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

ABW Ambassador
    Moose,
    Welcome to ABW!!!

The Plan 7 runs $75 a month. It isn't the cheapeast around, but we offer a lot of features, such as several stats programs. We also have some more tools coming soon.

Other users here can tell you about our support and what its like working with our staff. We do believe in working with clients when it comes to getting set up and maintaining their site.

Should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

TH Media-Web Solutions For The Small Business
    Check Out The TH Media Affiliate Program

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TH Media:
    Moose,

Other users here can tell you about our support and what its like working with our staff. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The support is wonderful and beyond compare. BUT, I think Tom keeps Michele locked in a cage with a computer because she's ALWAYS online whenever I write her. Last night I emailed her at 3am, and son-of-a-gun if I didn't get a reply in minutes. The same thing will happen in the middle of the afternoon or early in the evening.

Tom...let her out!

A woman is like a tea bag: You never know her strength until you drop her in hot water

does this plan require a contract of a year or do you go month to month?

Ditto what ParentsWorld said. Tom and his crew are really great with service!!!

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

please excuse my lack of knowledge in this area. I am curious how it is possible to place multiple names in one hosting account without using a redirect script in either asp, cold fusion or others.

My current host is telling me that they support multiple domains. However, they want me to use a redirect script then hide the redirect using frams. It isnt beyond my knowledge to do this but it doesnt seem like the most logical with SEO in mind.

I suggest to signup for a reseller hosting account. This way (in most cases) you can add as many domains as you wish to.

Oskars
    www.InternetMarketing.lv

If you're not quite sure how to do it, then you definitely should use TH Media. Their support is awesome!

---
    Judge your success by the degree that you're enjoying peace, health, and love.

Someone here recommended SiteFlip - I use them for some of my sites and haven't had any problems - yet!

I have a bunch of websites under one account at pair Networks, pair.com. Have been there for years, virtually no downtime. They ARE quite geeky in their customer service, though. And not the cheapest.

Ros

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread