Pregnancy Cravings?
    I've been having some really weird food cravings lately. I am hoping that it means I am pregnant (!)
    I was wondering what some of the weirdest cravings the moms of ABW had when they were pregnant?

Beef

OK...you might find this as strange, but I had assumed you were a guy since you show a 4x4 in your avatar and have a username of Guinness. Gender identification is hard sometimes in the forum setting...especially when you don't sign your posts as an affiliate manager. Just an observation, that's all... Or maybe you are a guy and just joking around...but if you are an AM, why not post your name?

-sfcom

My wife is 7 months pregnant, and I still haven't experienced any cravings yet. When does this kick in?

My wife couldn't stand the smell of beef.
    My biggest craving when she was pregnant was not being around when she had a craving.
    With our first, she had a craving for a mcdonalds cherry pie.
    They had them the week before the craving but I guess they were a limited time offer and time was up.
    I remember driving around town looking for a cherry pie before midnight. No luck. Ended up buying the fixings to make one.

Then I learned.

Run away if a sentence started with any of the following and before it was done:

I feel like ...
    You know what would be good ...
    Do you feel like ...
    Wouldn't a ...
    Honey would you ...
    Honey could you ...
    If you love me ...
    If you love this baby ...
    Get ...
    You ...
    Freeze ...
    Stop ...

Or any words said while:
    crying
    rubbing the tummy
    rubbing the tummy while crying
    sitting
    laying down
    awake

I kid

mostly
    ================================================================
    Been away, now I'm back. Not as much, but I'm back & starting from scratch. Where I was, was fantastic. Where I am now, less so. Things have changed, become harder. So have I. Game ON!!!
    ================================================================

9.5 weeks here on my second child.

When I went through the morning sickness phase with my first, all I could stomach was Burger King Chili and nuggets. With this one, starchy foods, potatoes, noodles, ect.

Although it really wasn't cravings, it was just the only thing that sounded good, where everything else made me feel like I was gonna lose it.

Later in he pregnancy, I craved ice cream and cereal, and it wasn't a big deal if I didn't get it, but the craving never went away until I did get it, but nothing really too odd.

Well, I kind of take that back, with my first, I craved Milk through my whole pregnancy (after the morning sickness) and the bad thing was my taste changed, and even though I really wanted the Milk, and it could have been bought that same day, it tasted sour. I am craving Milk a lot again, but it still tastes good, so hopefully I won't have that problem this time.

If you are already feeling symptons, take a test! That's the easiest way to figure it out. If you think it is too early, buy a generic brand, as they detect smaller amounts of the hormone then name brand usually do, or take a digital. peeonastick .com is a great resource for all things about tests, and storknet .com is just plan and simple a great pregnancy resource.

If you are congrats, take vitamins and rest!
    KK

Quote Originally Posted by popdawg
    mostly
    Popdawg, you sound like my husband .. lol
    KK

Child no. 1 - Coke (um, the kind you drink)
    Child no. 2 - wontons (real, authentic wontons)
    Child no. 3 - Tim Hortons strawberry custard tarts.

Tax Paying Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mandalamoon
    Tim Hortons strawberry custard tarts.
    I like those and I am not even pregnant.......
    You must climb this mountain. There is no elevator. ---- Don't stick your finger in the liquid nitrogen.
    Carolina China

From experience with a friend ...

curry chips ... french fries with curry sauce
    frozen peas ... eaten straight from the freezer

In Ireland it was common to give a pregnant or nursing mother guinness as a tonic

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    First child - Salmon

Second child - anything super hot and spicy
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

Outsourced Program Manager kgarcia's Avatar
    First - sick morning, noon and night for seven months - only thing that ever sounded good was chili-cheese fries and kraut dogs.

Second - only a bit sick with this one and -constantly- craved chinese food. And mint chip ice cream...lots of mint chip ice cream.

Third - super sick yet again but only for six months - fruit smoothies was the way to go with this one...only thing that seemed to stay put.

We have two girls and a boy and obviously my stomach and the girls didn't get along at all. Would I do it again? You betcha!

Crossing my fingers for you!
    ~Karen
    Karen Garcia
    [URL=http://lab6media.com]Lab6 Media[/URL]
    Are you a content creator? A serial entrepreneur? New to the space or a long time player? We'd love to work with you!
    [URL=http://lab6media.com/clients/]Explore the affiliate programs we manage![/URL]

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by 212TomTom
    My wife is 7 months pregnant, and I still haven't experienced any cravings yet. When does this kick in?

mine as well 7 months and i am experiencing cravings all the time....!!!!!

soft pretzels with cheese - mexican food.....all the time - anything salty....corn nuts, bbq flavor, couldn't get enough of those

I knew I was preggie when I couldn't brush my teeth after drinking coffee. That was the extent of my morning sickness. With the first child I wanted sardines, with the second banana split and with the third chocolate. With all three kids I couldn't eat any kind of pasta.
    LeDonna
    Those who think they know everything annoy those of us who do

I've never been pregnant, but my husband swears I'm the only one whose ever craved pudding skin. You know if you leave pudding in the fridge for a few days uncovered and it gets kind of rubbery....mmmm. I tried to just make it that way but he couldn't stand looking at the 1 inch cracked pudding smeared on a cookie sheet.

Outsourced Program Manager GregJr-CMC's Avatar
    My fiancee is 9 months pregnant now and craves ice cubes, she likes to chew on it. This is the only thing that she has craved the whole time.
    [b]Greg Rice Jr.[/b]
    Affiliate Program Management
    [url="http://www.gocmc.com/"]www.gocmc.com[/url]
    info(@)gocmc.com | 330-259-1223 | AIM/Yahoo:[font=Verdana]GregJrCMC[/font] | MSN: [font=Verdana][email="GregJrCMC@live.com"]GregJrCMC@live.com[/email][/font] | ICQ: [font=Verdana]416241443[/font] |

Join us! - [url="http://www.gocmc.com/freelance-work-exchange-affiliate-program.php"]GoFreelance[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/magsforless_surplusmags.php"]SurplusMags / MagsForLess[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/print-country-affiliate-program.php"]PrintCountry[/url] | [url="http://www.gocmc.com/nannies4hire-affiliate-program.php"]Nannies4hire / Babysitters4hire[/url] | [size=2][url="http://www.gocmc.com/discount-candle-cheese-supply-affiliate-program.php"]DiscountCandleShop/CheeseSupply[/url][/size][size=1][size=2] [/size][/size]

Unhappy
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue
    From experience with a friend ...

curry chips ... french fries with curry sauce
    frozen peas ... eaten straight from the freezer

In Ireland it was common to give a pregnant or nursing mother guinness as a tonic
    Curry chips...I love those! Definitely not pregnant...
    Jason Rosenbaum
    Affiliate Manager
    MINDsprinting

I just read sfcom's post and it never occurred to me that I might come off as a man! LOL!
    I love to 4x4, and of course, love the Guinness! (If you've never had a Guinness float-Guinness and a scoop of Vanilla-or Chocolate-ice cream-then you are missing out!!!!!)
    I am an AM.
    My name is Dyan! Like Dyan Cannon, the actress-my dad was a big fan!
    Thanks for all your responses. You will all know if/when the event happens.
    I am going to need a lot of advice!!!!!!

20. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread