CJU is going on now (October 20-22) in Santa Barbara.

Anyone have an update? Big announcements? Anything interesting?

I'd be curious to hear what they're saying to the world about where they're going and what they're doing.

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Hopefully we'll get some updates as people make their way back home. Wonder how Connie made out in the Hot Topics Forum. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Keep Your Hands Off My Cookies

Already got back.. a day early, because most of the seminars was kind of oh my affiliate program is so great.. lets all use it.. they really did not teach anything.

CJ seem to focus on their really big clients only. Like Ebay.. too bad....

The Tim Sanders seminar was the best one. Love is the killer app [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Also the pre-registration seminar was intresting.

The rest was kind of irrelevant. Especially the seminar that was held by bank one.

Maximiliam Andersen
    For out of this world web hosting!
    http://www.lunarpages.com

Affiliate Network Rep
    Heard cpm, cpc and a deal with Ebay are the big items. Any confirmations?

I am still here. Ebates got some kind of award last night for best affiliate or something similar to that. I am now busy transferring any links for stores I can to Performics.
    With all the controversy going on, it made me SICK that they would get any kind of recognition. A real kick in the a** to all affiliates.
    I will write more when I get back tomorrow.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    Was the award presented by CJ directly?

Sad day indeed

Dave

Did CJ address the parasites? Did the audience question CJ or ebates about it? Just curious about the buzz this may have created at the event and what CJ's stance may have been.

The award to Ebates was given by CJ themselves.
    At supper no less, guess with so many people getting sick after that their food bill was cheaper! No one could eat anymore!
    The parasite issue was brought up.
    Schoolpop really seems to be on our side. The people come to their site to support their schools, Ebates pops up and the school gets nothing. Ahmet from WhenU was interesting and seemed an all around nice guy. He cleared up many misconceptions I had.
    We do have a lot of big allies out there, many that are not well known - but they do exist.
    But the minute CJ gave Ebates the award I was so sickened that I switched as many CJ links that I could to Performics links.
    I felt like CJ came up to me and slapped me in the face. Knowing the climate and all the controversy, I cannot believe they had the gall to publicly announce what a great affiliate they are. Kind of shows me immediately what their postition must be.

I do think Wayne Porter will make a great impartial third party facilitator at the Nov.7th meeting.

Tim Sanders talk was very interesting. Meeting some of the affiliate managers and other affiliates was productive. Wayne was interesting, but as an Afftrack user I already knew most of what he was saying. A lot of it was nothing new.

The most productive part of the whole thing was informing merchants on the issues.

Connie Berg
    www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    quote:
    Wayne was interesting, but as an Afftrack user I already knew most of what he was saying. A lot of it was nothing new.

Not new to AffTrack users...

As far as I am concerned our cilents are naturally the most savvy affiliates in the performance marketing world. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

-wayne

Wayne Porter
    V.P. Product Development
    AffTrack LLC.
    http://www.afftrack.com
    http://www.revtrends.com
    Advanced & Automated Data Analysis for Performance Marketers.

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    How many people were in attendance?

Were there any reporters?

I Will FOCUS On My Goal

Anybody have photo's of it? Especially photo's of ABW members.

Where are those pre-designed photos from Sunday Night?? If they start popping up - make sure to look for airbrushing!

My CJU highlights:

Wayne Porter's "Numbers" seminar

Tim from Yahoo (and really happy it was the 1st
    real speech - otherwise I would've missed it).
    Thanks for a great book!

Talking with affiliate managers who actually had an interest in what the current affiliate issues are (SureFit, Bryan from BackCountry, Mel from Stacks & Stacks).

And of course, Connie -- I wouldn't have made it without you!

Looks like I shoulda gone to Joe's for the 2-drink "get me into ICU" deal after Monday [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

: ) Liz @ Styleforfree.com

With my best,

Liz
    http://Styleforfree.com

As a first time attendee of CJU, I was thoroughly impressed. I agree with the posts above, Tim Sanders from Yahoo offered a great talk.

The true benefit that I received was the number of great contacts I made with a number of the attendees.

One thing that was absolutely evident was the commitment level of the CJ staff to both the advertisers and the publishers. They went to great lengths to put on an amazing event.

On the topic of Ebates receiving the award of publisher of year, the booing froming the audience when they recieved the award, all though very tacky, did clearly show the level of concern and dis-satification on the topic of scumware. Everybody in attendence got the message that this problem is very BIG and needs to be dealt with swiftly.

It was indicated to us all that we should have some answers to where the big networks stand on this topic of scumware by the end of November.

I will definately be attending again next year.

James Martell
    "James Martell's Affiliate Marketers Handbook - 2002"
    http://www.jamesmartell.com

ABW Ambassador
    So booing IS good

CJ .will not comment

Dave

PS. Thanks James

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread