I have tried adding Adsense code to several different sites on completed unrelated adverts, but most of them show charity adverts on a regular basis.

Some of them are now showing non-paying charity adverts 90% or 100% of the time, even though when we initially added the code to our pages they were showing paid adverts.

Got nothing against charities (other than their employees' huge wages) and have done a fair amount of work for them in the past, but this is annoying. Why can't we have the option to serve our own default adverts like other networks, show lower paying general adverts, show no advert at all if we are not going to get paid, or some other solution.

It's not like we're making big money from our site in these tough times! You don't see television stations or radio stations pumping out adverts for the Peace Corps. all day if they don't have sufficient advertisers! When was the last time you even saw a newspaper/magazine showing adverts for charities for FREE? A business is a business.

Nadeem Azam
    No1Free.com - promote your website for free
    1Lit.net - go here to develop a residual income stream

Google displays the public service ads on pages that haven't been indexed by either Google or the AdSense spider.

AdSense does appear to be really clever. It can determine relevant ads in a number of ways (or so it seems to me).
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE><LI>Page content and prominent keywords.
    <LI>Site content in general, possibly using ODP data to determine this.
    <LI>Key phrases in the URL itself.[/list]

This last one took me by suprise, as it appeared that AdSense ads could pop up while previewing the site on my local hard disk. For example, all my sites are in a folder "Namo Projects" on my PC, because I use Namo Web Editor. AdSense spots this and shows me an ad for a Namo plugin. That's not the only case, but the most striking.

Now, I understand that the AdSense spider will pay you a visit in time to work out the relevant ads, so if you leave it for a few days it should sort itself out

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

ABW Ambassador
    sorry for this being off topic, but I didn't want to post yet another adsense thread...

anyhow, has anyone experienced any problems loading adsense in a framed page? i know lycos or one of the free hosting companies has it load in a frame on its members' sites now...
    I haven't uploaded the page yet, but it's worked off of my hard drive in every other instance. It also works when I look at that page outside of the frameset... Any ideas?

FreeCallz.com

ABW Ambassador
    before someone says that you can't have adsense banners/skyscrapers in frames, read this from their FAQ:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>If your site contains frames, be sure to run the ads in the frame with your page content. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

so, it should work, but on this one site, it doesn't...I'll report back once I get home and upload it...

FreeCallz.com

ABW Ambassador
    k, once uploaded, it works. damn, I wish we could edit posts...kinda lame having my three posts here like this, but I know why it's like that...

FreeCallz.com

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread