New subscription based website launched..question on affiliate marketing
    Hi guys. I'm not sure where to start, but this forum seems to interest me as well as hooking up with the SAS network.

Our small company just recently launched a small website related to the real estate industry that we think could go big.

My question is this, would it make sense for us to set up a merchant account with SAS? We will be paying "pay per sale" for each subscription the affiliate sends over. The affiliate will be paid for the lifetime of the subscription.

Please advise and tell me what you think? We have a very specific niche market that we're going after, so it will be easy to find who to market this service to.

ShareASale specializes in smaller companies like yours and affiliates on this network like to promote smaller companies, so you're in the right place.

The theory is that smaller merchants offer more niche products/services and therefore they're easier to promote and more likely to be profitable and successful. Personally, it has worked out well for me.

This network also has a more personal touch, as opposed to the big faceless mega-corporate networks like CJ, and is more inclined to be responsive. Brian, the owner of ShareASale, frequents this forum and responds to many requests/questions.

Your mentioned paying affiliates over the lifetime of a subscription. Do you mean that if an affiliate brings you a sale for a two year subscription, you'll pay them more than once over the course of that two years? If so, I believe the answer is yes, that can probably be accommodated in the form of manual credits.

Can you explain more about the manual credits for me please? And yes, if an affiliate brings a subscriber who is a member for 1.8 years, we will pay the affiliate the appropriate commission. So, 1.8 years is 20 months, the affiliate would get a check/credit each month for the subscribtion. Is this how everyone does it?

So, we're half way setup with shareasale.com.

Our program will feature a 20% commission (lifetime) based on the subscription level. Example, affiliate gets someone to sign up for a monthly subscription, they receive 20% commission for each billing period, ie, each month.

What is the best way to track this for the affiliate? Does shareasale have a way to help track this?

Yes, SAS offers tracking solutions. You should contact Brian (at) Shareasale(.)com to get complete and accurate details about their services.

Thanks 2Busy. We're all set up.

Pretty easy process and hoping to get some great affiliates. We're actually doing a promotional 34% lifetime commission on all new subscriptions from any affiliates.

Thanks again!

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread