Hi Everyone. New AM here with an Intro and first Question lol
    I just stumbled across this forum and wanted to say WoW! What a wealth of information for someone like myself that is completely new to being an Affiliate Manager. I was recently tasked with starting an Affiliate Program because of my QOUTE “Computer and internet skills” and I will be the first to admit that I may have bitten off way more than I can chew lol. I promise I will do my best not to break the rules and research a question before I post one.

The product we are including in our affiliate program is very similar to the Name a Star (star registry) and Buy lunar Land (Lunar registry) which I have noticed from posts are very much liked by affiliates because of the high conversion rates. That’s good news. I hope it makes my job a little easier .

If anyone has had experience with these types of products I would love to hear your input regarding what type of creative’s and content you have had sucess with for your sites and blogs?

I read that the more banners and content you have for your affiliates the more likely they are to pick up your program.

Well that’s my intro, short, sweet and to the point. I look forward to picking your brains and offering any help I can to the forum and most importantly creating a mutually beneficial relationship with as many of you as possible. ( I totally plan on paying for an affiliate program post, I swear i'm not recruiting. I would not like to get the boot before I even get it on lol.)

Sincerely,
    Brent

P.S. Special Thanks to Rexanne. I had no idea you were such a BIG DEAL

Life is Supposed to be Fun! Rexanne's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDayRegistry

P.S. Special Thanks to Rexanne. I had no idea you were such a BIG DEAL
    Hi Brent,

Glad you found your way over here.

ABW is the big deal, not me. I just make a lot of noise
    Peace,

Rexanne

Rexanne.com
    Loving Everyone's Child Creates Magic

You were my shimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. If it were not for your response I may have not committed to starting an Affiliate Program. Since then so many people have been a huge help with getting me started.

With that said, Thank you so much Rolet!!

I read that the more banners and content you have for your affiliates the more likely they are to pick up your program.
    Brent, welcome and good luck! Asking questions is always a good start. The quote above tells alot about what affiliates want. We want to market, not create marketing tools. We want to sell, not determine what the sales pitch should be. We *will*, but given two options, we'll go with the one that gets us started farther down the road.

So, think like an affiliate. Read through these forums and listen to what people rave about and what they complain about. What would you want to be provided in order to be successful? You'd want good content, lots of options for banners (sizes, styles, etc.), periodic incentives or coupons, especially exclusive ones. Be a service provider to the affiliate and the affiliate will love promoting your products!

Quote Originally Posted by MyDayRegistry
    I just stumbled across this forum and wanted to say WoW! What a wealth of information for someone like myself that is completely new to being an Affiliate Manager. I was recently tasked with starting an Affiliate Program because of my QOUTE “Computer and internet skills” and I will be the first to admit that I may have bitten off way more than I can chew lol.
    Wow, you sound exactly like me 21 days ago. Welcome!

I hope to still see you around in 21 days (and much longer). There is so much to learn, and you can't learn without participating. Don't give up! Your company fully expects you to succeed, and without advice from these experts, I just don't believe it can be done. Don't try to prove me wrong by going out on your own either.

6. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread