Affiliate Access to content & Text link Question
    I am an extremely Affiliate Manager in the process of creating a program with SaS and am having difficulties understanding how to use text links and share ideas with my affiliates on potential content for their sites or blogs.

My questions are;

If I want my affiliates to be able to access content like the paragraph below for writing ideas how do I make it accessible on SaS?

Do I just include text links like** MyDayRegistry.com**to my homepage? And let the affiliate’s use the link however they like?

This is a dumb one(most likely rhetorical) ,but is the only way an affiliate can link to my site through the links I upload to SaS?

Any Help is extremely appreciated

Wedding Planners

Like most wedding planners you pride yourself in finding that truly unique gift for your clients. You want it to be personal, sentimental and something that your clients will not end up returning. It’s important for your gift to stand out amongst the rest of the gifts and truly be something that no one else has or can have.

The product **MyDayRegistry.com** has created allows you to do just that and guarantee your clients will remember and recommend you to all of their friends and family. When you Buy your client a Day in The International Date Registry they will receive a personalized framed certificate as proof of ownership and an online profile where their guests can leave comments, upload pictures, wedding songs and video of the wedding. Because everything is viewable online the Bride will be able to access her wedding day profile to show family and friends from anywhere in the world.

You could even coordinate this gift in the wedding having the guests, photographer, videographer, bride and groom all be part of your gift, adding a fun and sentimental interaction to any wedding.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    This is only responsive to part of your inquiry, but it may help:

SAS has a FABULOUS feature called "Create a Custom Link to a Page" that allows affiliates to build a link to any page on a joined merchant's site. They can make these links text or image links, using basically any image on the merchant site.

Unfortunately, in my mind, SAS merchants fail to promote using this feature. The majority of the SAS links I have added to my sites in the 1-1/2 years I've used SAS have been build this way, and they do well.

I think if you promote this feature to your affiliates, and tell them they can add whatever content they like from your site with their links, you can build a strong cadre of affiliates.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

So does that mean that in order for an affiliate to view this paragraph I would have to have it on my website? Do you have an example of how to use this feature?

I really appreciate your help

ABW Ambassador
    Hi MyDayRegistry - You could also include suggested content paragraphs in a newsletter to your affiliates. Sometimes, this can be helpful for a starting point for your affiliates to rewrite the paragraph and make it their own (so it doesn't show as duplicate content in the search engines). But it gives them a great starting point.

I hope I hit close to what you were asking.

Super Dawg Member Phil Kaufman aka AffiliateHound's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyDayRegistry
    So does that mean that in order for an affiliate to view this paragraph I would have to have it on my website? Do you have an example of how to use this feature?

I really appreciate your help
    Sorry, I assumed that the content you provided was on your site. For content not on your site, you would have to provide it to your affiliates, and the best way for that would be in the links section. You can create text links, where there are a few words hyperlinked, with surrounding non-linked content. like this (or in any order or format you want):

content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content content linkedtext linkedtext linkedtext content content content content content content content content content content content

I have no idea how a merchant sets up the Create a Custom Link to a Page feature, but all of my joined merchants have it available, so it may be automatic for merchants to have it.

As far as affiliates using it, they choose the merchant from a drop down box, paste in a url from the merchant site, and they can add tracking code if they desire. One click then produces the link, and the affiiliate can then add text to it or an image.
    Since June 10, 2012 a vegan aarf but still writing the Hound Dawg Sports Blog
    "If you don't have time to do it right, when will you have time to do it over?" -John Wooden;
    "Raj, there’s no place for truth on the internet." -Howard Wolowitz[/SIZE]

I think Brian or Carolyn or someone at SAS would include some information about setting up your links there. Have you signed up to have your program in SAS already? If so I would ask them for some basic guidance because it looks as if you are lost in this forum trying to find where to set up your SAS program.
    Good luck!

I agree I am definitely lost, but everyone here is helping a ton and I believe i'm starting to pick up the trail!

8. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread