ABW Ambassador
    Arrow “The End of the Internet?”
    Moving images, far more than words or sounds, are hefty rivers of digital bits as they traverse the Internet’s pipes and gateways, requiring, in industry parlance, more bandwidth. Last year, by one estimate, the video site YouTube, owned by Google, consumed as much bandwidth as the entire Internet did in 2000.

In a widely cited report published last November, a research firm projected that user demand for the Internet could outpace network capacity by 2011. The title of a debate scheduled next month at a technology conference in Boston sums up the angst: “The End of the Internet?”

NY Times

Domain Addict / Formerly known as elbowcreek Thomas A. Rice's Avatar
    ...and I am sure that the companies selling the resources/equipment that will allow for increased data flow will be sure to encourage their consumers to spend appropriately. Only in 2011, the business peers need to start thinking about replacing their new equipment by 2014, etc. It is a never ending, shortening cycle, isn't it!!!
    Following everyone else is a GREAT way to become average.

Troll Killer and best Snooper!
    I decide when the pigs fly!
    I don't pay much attention to "chicken little" scenarios. They might be fun to think about but it's a ploy used by journalists, critics and publishers to create buzz and garner attention for themselves. (I know about this stuff because I'm related to people who earn a living as writers and editors.) It's kind of like playing the conspiracy theory game -- and it's highly effective.

People have been predicting the end of the internet, for one reason or another, since it was created. I'm not concerned. What people want is limited by what the network can deliver - that's why it took so many years for video to be viable. The network will continue to improve.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Affiliate Manager
    Richard Gaskin
    Developer of WebMerge: Publish any data feed on any site
    http://www.fourthworld.com

Just like the end of affiliate marketing... It's been predicted regularly for years.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

Outsourced Program Manager Jorge - SHOPiMAR's Avatar
    G will fix their bandwith usage

Google's work on custom power supplies to improve the energy efficiency of its servers googles secret power supplies

If Elton John gets his way....
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    Just like the end of affiliate marketing... It's been predicted regularly for years.
    Don't scare me

Aw, heck. We get a couple of thunderstorms a week through my part of the country this time of year that'll be total destruction and the end of all life as we know it.

So I should worry about the Internet??
    Generate more fake news.

Maybe we should all help the cause and take down some of those thin affiliate pages that we have laying around.
    Vinny O'Hare - OPM - Contact Info email: vinny at teamloxly.com ~ 702-582-6742 Twitter

"
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelColey
    I would think the opposite of the demise of affiliate marketing. As the decline of our economy increases and advertising capital from large and small business a like declines an ever more need for profit sharing will arise. I predict a huge increase and institutionalization of Affiliate Marketing.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread