I hope posting this site link is ok, It is not an "outing" of them doing anything technically wrong. Obviously we need to invite this person here and give them an education.
    You will understand what I mean the minute you see the site. I don't see how they can make any money...

http://www.wowdolls.com/coupons/index.htm

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

ABW Ambassador
    That person MOST definitely needs an education! Funny thing, I don't even think his links to Amazon are affiliate links! In some ways, though, I found another coupon site like this. It listed all of Ebates coupons and then linked to ebates - not the individual merchants pages.

Strange way to do business.

Jim

The sad thing is that this person put a whole lot of work into that page. Design is not unatractive, but boy oh boy, one begins to think the page will never end.

Hey, maybe the guy/lady is making the money they want off of this page.

Then again, maybe not.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

ABW Ambassador
    Yeah, Ive seen their site before. I actually thought of it the other day when someone was talking about compettion/comparisons between the rebate sites. I was amused a bit about the coupons page, but.....

[I suspect] Their biz model isn't really affiliate marketing, they sell $1000 barbie dolls...

BTW, they do have (normal) affiliate links in there, such as jordan marie, gap, babystyle and others.

Who knows why she's (technically) promoting other affiliates (the rebate/rewards dorks she has listed). Perhaps (and it pains me to say this) its because she realizes that these sites (when they actually work correctly) are truly beneficial to the consumers who use them. The shopper does get some cash or reward back. (Again, when they actually work).

Sometimes when looking at other sites it helps to try to put aside our natural bias and realize not everyone makes pages [I should have said here: links to things ] simply to make $$ off of their visitors...

----
    -JM

[This message was edited by Joseph Monuit on July 16, 2003 at 01:00 AM.]

Unless she works with them, she/he really need to find this forum to know what's going on!
    Poor thing!

It's not really a bad page, but that is really sad!

------------------------------
    What does the COC stand for? Crooks Overwriting Commissions.
    ------------------------------
    Love Life to the fullest. we only get ONE chance! :-) !

Let he who is without a bad site, cast the first stone....

Personally I did not see any stones being cast.
    What I did see is a few concerned affiliates (who would wrather see the page owner make the commissions on the things being sold instead of another affiliate). I think.

Although, I would prefer the site owner to advertise my affiliate links. j/k

Compare prices and features of over 100 different web hosting plans. http://www.IceIsHot.com

N-Affiliate:
    Where did that comment come from? No one said it was a bad site, just expressing concern over the heavy promotion of parasitic applications.

Karl Smith
    phillyBurbs - Your Internet Starts Here

Are all web sites about making money?

Maybe this person is just trying to help people find coupons for new parents?

Yes--- there are links with commissionable sales, but not the whole site.

My comment was directed to those who choose to slam a site, they know nothing about.. This site "outing" does MOST definitely NOT need an education..Nor need this site to find out "what's going on"

My comment was if fact a "keep your nose out of other people's business" tort against a site. (who may not be a member, and probably shouldn't be, because of the treatement they might be subject to just based on these postings.)

All I can say is "DAMN!!

Defender of Truth, Justice and the Affiliate Way
    Personally, I'm not too pleased about the URL being posted here. What is productive about another affiliate's URL being posted here and comments being made here. Was the site owner contacted privately?

It's Your Money. You earned it. What are you going to do to make sure you get to keep it?

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Are all web sites about making money?

Maybe this person is just trying to help people find coupons for new parents? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Surprisingly, I agree. Thats what I was trying to say..

I do wish they weren't making more people aware of those shady incent sites, though.

----
    -JM

Thanks Joe..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by N-Affiliate:
    Are all web sites about making money?

Maybe this person is just trying to help people find coupons for new parents?

Yes--- there are links with commissionable sales, but not the whole site.

My comment was directed to those who choose to slam a site, they know nothing about.. This site "outing" does MOST definitely _NOT_ need an education..Nor need this site to find out "what's going on"

My comment was if fact a "keep your nose out of other people's business" tort against a site. (who may not be a member, and probably shouldn't be, because of the treatement they might be subject to just based on these postings.)

All I can say is "DAMN!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, did some people contact these site? Or only say bad here? Not very nice for you.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BLFH (Ms. B):
    Personally, I'm not too pleased about the URL being posted here. What is productive about another affiliate's URL being posted here and comments being made here. Was the site owner contacted privately?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is violation of this websites privacy policing. Why you allow someone else website address to be here like this? This not nice.

ABW Ambassador
    Show us that Big Top...

17. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread