ABW Ambassador
    I suffer from a combo add/ocd.
    I should be finishing my subwoofer site. I am about 10 hours away from completion.

Instead, I had an epiphany for a new site.

I've spent a solid week coding it. I showed the proof of concept to a few people. One told me there's big potential for it to go viral.

I code it during lunch. When the kids are in bed, I fire up the laptop and code it until oh-dark-thirty.

Probably 30 hours into this new site, and that doesn't count the mountains of code I'm recycling from a couple other projects.

The worst part: I haven't even figured out how to make money off of it.

But I have to get it done.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

http and a telephoto
    Passion first, make it work and the second epiphany (how to monetize it) will follow...

Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

ABW Ambassador
    "I am about 10 hours away from completion."

That's just one, long good sitting, knock it out.

ABW Ambassador
    I don't have a good long sitting. Still working the 9-5.
    Dr. Strangeweb, or how I learned how to stop worrying about SERPS and love the WOM.

ABW Ambassador
    It depends on the person. I think you've been working on the subwoofer site for awhile now? I remember some posts about it. When I'm that close to finishing something, I just can't stop. But even if you forced/or scheduled yourself to work on the subwoofer site just 30 minutes a day, it'll be done in 3 weeks or have a goal to get it done this month. But if you have been working on it that long and are that close to finishing it, just think, you then could fully devote your time to the new project without the subwoofer site kind of hanging around on the to do list.

A Wise man once said....

"Always have at least 3 projects going, the one you find yourself working on the most is probabaly the most worthwhile".

ABW Ambassador
    As the modern day prophet, Larry The Cable Guy said: "Get 'er Done"

Quote Originally Posted by weisinator
    I don't have a good long sitting. Still working the 9-5.
    I feel you pain there. Got 2 kids at home and try to do the affiliate gig during my 5 and 10 min. downtimes. Wife gets home and I'm worn out. It seems like my best ideas some during the day, but the actual time to implement them is very fragmented.

I would assume the same is true after working an 8 hour day. The one thing I have noticed is coffee helps. Other than that, I don't have much advice for you, except to print out a copy of a big check someone posted on the internet and tape it to your monitor. That will help you focus.

-sfcom

As a Tim Gunn fan, I say "Make it Work" and "Carry On"!
    I have been in a whirlwind of work since I got back from Summit. I am swamped but it is a good swamped.

jokes aside... that actually does sound like a.d.d. classic. (i should know, unfortunately)

I'm deep into creating my first affiliate site, teaching myself how to use expression web (and I am SO not a techie) and my mind is SWIMMING with other ideas I want to start....but at the same time I'm obsessed with the first one, sometimes staying up ALL night.... and I have this pesky Ph.D. I'm working on... but who wants to write a paper when they can be working on [insert current obsession]? ugh!

just wanted to say I feel your pain.

ABW Ambassador
    My wife gave me a golden suggestion on monetizing the new site. I found a place that does exactly as she suggests. I was doing imaginary backflips, since the real ones require muscle I don't have. I haven't signed up yet, because I don't even have a domain picked out for the site. I have an idea on that, though.

I don't know this forum's code for the dancing banana, but if I did, there would be a huge train of them where this sentence sits.

I figured out how to make what I'm working on cycle back into the subwoofer site. Much of this new code will make it in there, bringing that site tons of features I hadn't previously envisioned.

To continue on the words of wisdom, "I love it when a plan comes together" -The A-Team.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread