I have a few affiliate sites that I host on my dedicated server and want to develop some additional sites but I'm not so sure if they should all be on the same server b/c they could be penalized.

While I suppose I would link all the sites on the server together I would not abuse it...I still want to get other site links. I would link all the sites together regardless if they were on the same server or not, I own the sites.

I set up each domain with a separate IP but essentially it is on the same server and I want to avoid the rumors I hear about multiple names on the same server is not a good idea.

Any experiences with this?

I think there's not really a lot to worry about when you don't link too much. Like all your pages of one site link to all your other sites, and the other sites pages do the same. That can be a problem. Last year that happened to me. I got penalized by Google but it was my own mistake. So now I'm more careful but still use 1 server.

it's good to know i don't really have to get web hosting from different parts of the globe.

If you're not doing anything "shady" with your sites, you don't need to worry.

However, to be on the safe side, you should consider back up hosting places. I think it was Dynamoo, who brought up the idea exchange hosting spaces with people who have dedicated servers and reseller account, which I think is a good idea, but didn't get a lot of attention.

5. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread