Arrow Do you believe stompernet?
    last december, a website called stompernet came into my attention. I first watched one of their videos at here stompernet.net/goingnatural2/ about social marketing. I would say that video is awesome. Several weeks later, they claimed they would start SMARTS program teaching people how to do social marketing and the cost was ridiculously high (about $2000 per person for the training).

What's funny was, several hours before they were supposed to open registration, they said they had to take SMARTS program off the market. The reason was most of the social marketing websites realized this program and were against stompernet. Several days later, they re-opened the SMARTS registration for the same price. Meanwhile, their guys sent email out saying they could only take the first a few people (about 200?), which means you better hurry up if you want to get in. I felt so funny about them.

On the next day, they sent emails out again, saying "And news flash: our servers did NOT crash when we launched SMARTS yesterday. To this day, you still can't get in. But even with putting StomperNet in lock-down, we had lots more members than we expected."

However, as of today, their SMARTS keep being closed. I wonder if they ever got a single customer before. I liked to watch their guy lying in emails and videos. Correct me if I am wrong - Just a very random thought above.
    Last edited by loxly; March 14th, 2008 at 10:50 PM. Reason: removed hotlink, no need to give them a backlink...

Just another Con Job for people that want to get rich over night.

The world is full of Carpet Baggers peddling Snake Oil.

Oh - I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale if you're interested in buying it.

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

http and a telephoto
    Hey BurgerBoy, the Brooklyn Bridge is MINE!!!
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Well - we could split the take from it - couldn't we??

I thought you said you were selling the Boulder Dam??

http and a telephoto
    Nah, if the buyer moves the dam I would run out of water....
    Deborah Carney

Well - you could just lease it to them and have in the lease terms that they have to leave it where it is.

http and a telephoto
    lol, you ARE brilliant!
    Deborah Carney

I was a member of stompernet for a while, about 1.5 years actually. Say what you want about the marketing crowd they run in, but Brad Fallon and Andy Jenkins do know their stuff. If you're engaged in ecommerce at all, it's worth the price of admission. Both andy and brad run a number high rankng and profitable ecommerce sites. I believe fallon's myweddingfavors.com is approaching around 30M a year in revenues.

I've been around the SEO block too and there are tons of bad teachers and bad advice out there. Stompernet brought in Leslie Rohde and Dan Thies to teach SEO. I thought Rohde was out of the game (hadn't heard of him other than the developer of optilink) and I never heard of Thies. Well, those 2 guys are probably the smartest SEO's out there now. Smart as far as small business SEO. Maybe there are guys out there that consult with bigger names, but most of us don't run in those circles so their tactics wouldn't apply. Most big companies have more than enough Pagerank and links, they just need to better optimize their site internally to maximize it. Anyways, l learned stuff there that I was blown away by. Just straight up very solid teaching. I can honestly say their membership more than paid for itself with the increased Traffic. And the bonus was their conversion training is pretty extensive, so even a little bump there means big money to the bottom line.

Now the bad news. Stompernet got to be such a big organization that brad and andy are more figureheads and overseers at this point. Leslie Rohde also sits at the top. SO you see very little real content from them other than the marketing materials. That's basically why I got out. That and the fact that they changed some of the way they distribute content inside their portal. They also focused more on creating Courses (such as Stompernet SMARTS and the upcoming Stomping the SE 2.0). The members almost became an income stream to finance these courses which turn into mega-launches. So what you see is reduced content in the portal, followed by marketing material to the outside, and then a flood of new members into the system. They give all the products away to the members though.

So, is it for you? I would probably recommend it if you are making money already. Their stuff on SEO, PPC, and conversion should be easy to make back. At some point, you either need to mve out of the membership because you run out of time to devour the material. Or, you are making so much that it's a drop in the bucket. But, no way I would every agree to the 797 a month if you don't have any sites up, running, and making money. Your money is better spent elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by davelincoln
    I was a member of stompernet for a while, about 1.5 years actually. Say what you want about the marketing crowd they run in, but Brad Fallon and Andy Jenkins do know their stuff. If you're engaged in ecommerce at all, it's worth the price of admission. Both andy and brad run a number high rankng and profitable ecommerce sites. I believe fallon's myweddingfavors.com is approaching around 30M a year in revenues.
    So -- were the big bucks for the monthly fees or whatever a good investment for YOU?

I ask because we get quite a range of "newbies" here on ABW, including many who hype ebooks, membership forums, courses, etc., but fold up and go away when someone simply asks -- Does what you're telling us work for YOU.

I don't mean to imply you're selling anything, davelincoln, and forgive me if that sounded rude. I just was truly wondering, given your 1.5 years experience with the program, has it indeed worked for you, at least to the extent that you got your money's worth back on the investment? I'm truly asking out of interest, NOT trying to be sarcastic or anything.
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    One of my SEO guys attends the Stompernet conferences although I have not personally gone. I can tell you our www.easy-fundraising-ideas dot com website was built with lots of their principles and we are the top ranked fundraising website on the entire internet.

Is it worth the money? That's up to you.

I know that we rely solely on SEO as our underlying traffic mechanism and either one of my folks or I do our best to stay on top of all we can.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

For me, it was a good investment at that time. I was working on my first ecommerce store and was making about 1k a month in profit. Honestly, I joined with FULL INTENTIONS of cancelling the first 3 months to get a full refund because things would be a little tight if revenues stayed at the same spot. But I definitely wanted to see what it was all about (I had bought a used copy of stomping the SE on ebay so i knew their teaching). Just a few months in, I found that what I was learning was making things more efficient for me. They had done SEO and conversion tests and basically laid out 'best practices' to both. I found it saved me a lot of time. At the beginning of the program, I launched a brand new ecommerce store to diverisify and right at the 3 month mark I came out of the sandbox and within 2 weeks I was number 1 (I've stuck there too). At that point, my existing and new store had doubled my revenue so it was a no brainer for me.

Then about March 07, I decided to get into the adsense/content sites. I was a little tired of the investment of time/money it takes to get an ecommerce store going. SO I launched 3 adsense sites,optimized them, and then let them rip. After some link building, I monetized those sites in Nov 07 and my income has gone from $300 in the first month to now I will hit $2000 this month. Those sites, seo strategies, market research was all from stuff I learned in stompernet. So I definitely made my investment back many times over from the program.

Another thing that happened was I got in touch with an Chinese factory owner who now produces one of my products for me. That has already turned out to be a big thing for me since I can get the product for much cheaper now.

BUT (and it's a big 'but'), I don't look at ROI as a cumulative thing. I was at the perfect spot when I joined. I had some good SEO skills, traffic, link building, and I could pay the cost of the program from profits (I worked full-time back then so didn't rely on that online income). But my experience with taking an ecommerce store to the next level was just non-existent. That program was fantastic for me at the time to round out my skills. But, as time goes on, I think it's hard to get a positive ROI on $797 on a month to month basis. Sure, you MAKE more money but it's harder to tie back the profits to the information. Over the course of the program, it's a positive ROI, but most of that was because of the learning that happened during the first 12 months. At that end, I got way too busy with things to really take in all the content that was being released. I pretty much just read some of the forums.

So I would recommend it for someone that a) Has a website that's making at least $1k profit and can sacrifice profits to grow the business. b) basic knowledge of SEO/building a site. c) Has the time to devote to it.

I'm not an affiliate of the thing, I don't think it's even open now. It's a good program for people taht are just on the cusp of making decent money online and really are ready to learn. I left because the higher-ups weren't involved much and because I'm having a baby and an extra $797 could come in handy! I don't think the program is as good as it was when it was launched, but there is still value there. And seriously, the SEO experts there are the best in the world. But....it's not for a newbie. You definitely don't want to be going into debt to pay for the program.

Excellent, davelincoln. I was hoping to get a nice, informative report/review of your experience. It's good to hear someone succeeding, and it's always nice to hear about a legit, useful program -- which apparently stompernet is, from your comments and those by visitourmall. Congrats on your success!
    Generate more fake news.

Affiliate Manager Howard Gottlieb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Just another Con Job for people that want to get rich over night.

The world is full of Carpet Baggers peddling Snake Oil.

Oh - I have the Brooklyn Bridge for sale if you're interested in buying it.
    Burger are you saying Stompernet is a con? Or simply the one program that DL referred to and how it opens and closes?

Have you read any of the Stompernet materials or attended their conferences?

I have certainly learned to take things posted here with a grain of salt. But sometimes it puzzles me when people make disparaging remarks in authoritative tones on topics they have no real firsthand knowledge of.
    I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die
    to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there
    isn't and die to find out there is.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread