hi,

i just bought a good domain ideal for a hotel bookings site that can target travellers to my country (phils), and would want to look for options and partners on developing a complete site, private or co-branded,

any help would be appreciated.

thanks.

prix

ABW Ambassador
    Try http://www.travelnow.com There is a rep in this forum somewhere. I think that might be what you're looking for.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Affiliate Marketing Consultant Linda - 5starAffiliatePrograms's Avatar
    prix,

Not sure about the cobranded part but Trust is right Travel Now has a great program.

Some of their top affiliates in April earned over $100K in commiss.

Check out this thread:

http://abw.infopop.cc/6/ubb.x?a=tpc&...2&m=3536062313

Jessica is great:
    Jessica Hutson
    http://interactiveaffiliatenetwork.com
    affiliate@travelnow.com

Jessica Hutson
    Manager of Affiliate Relations/Development
    Interactive Affiliate Network
    http://affiliate.travelnow.com/affiliates/home.jsp

Don't forget to maximize your traffic by promoting other travel related products like Luggage - from www.irvs.com We have lots of great coupon codes and the summer travel season is HOT! (We also have a free datafeed if you want to add an entire luggage department to your new travel site.)

Linda Buquet ~ Affiliate Management Consultant ~ Catalyst eMarketing.com
    Representing www.5StarAffiliatePrograms.com: DentalPlans|Irv's Luggage|Executive Essentials|IntellicontactPro|zZounds|Roadloans

ABW Ambassador
    Yes travelnow has cobranding
    http://www.ian.com/ian/signup/examples.jsp

Found this one also:
    http://www.travelago.com/partnerships.asp

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

ABW Ambassador
    I feel Lazy. Is TravelNow "parasite free". I'm looking to replace Expedia when I re-do my small little section that deals with Travel on my site and have given thought to Travel Now.

And what are the terms, by the way?

Jim

Travelnow is "Parasite free" as far as i know...
    There are some tricky parts.....

When Gator is activated, Expedia popups (sometimes) on affiliate links, (probably also on Travelnow its homepage without using an affiliate link). Knowing that both expedia and Travelnow (Hotels.com) are part of one company (USA Interactive).

But what the heck we are just small potatoes in a big field.

Peter

Affiliate Manager
    Yes- TravelNow (and all of IAN) is completely parasite free- and glad to have you around. We have been parasite free since soon after the first time we learned about parasites (almost three years ago)

IAN represents Travelnow, Hotels.com, Hotel Discounts, CondoSavers and TurboTrip. We were recently purchased by Interactive Corps who is also in the preocess of purchasing Expedia. Expedia's operating procedures are not something I have influence over right now, so I can't speak to their stand.

Competitors do popup on our pages.

Jessica Hutson

thanks guys! specially to TrustNo1® and AMconsulting

your reccommendations truly makes a big part in my decision on this matter.

i am going with travelnow. i guess an AM of travelnow being a part of ABW is a big part boost on the "reliability" of an affiliate program. hi there Jessica - IAN ! i hope to be doing business with you soon.!

best regards to all.

prix

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AMconsulting:
    (We also have a free datafeed if you want to add an entire luggage department to your new travel site.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe, i still do not have the skills to utilize datafeeds. yes thanks for the offer. i will learn datafeeding later.

all the best,

prix

Affiliate Manager
    Hi Prix- send me a note once you sign up and I can assign you a dedicated account manager- a big help for a new account- If you would like one.

Jessica Hutson

hi jessica,

i am already registered. your offer for some assistance would be appreciated.

pls send me a private note or your email so that i can provide you with my aff details. i tried sending you a private note, but i guess its not possible.

thanks.
    prix

Travelnow does seem like one of the best travel affiliates. Recently they added multiple currencies, which really expands the possibilities for european sales.

However, when they added multiple currencies, they also made the engine "IP Aware" so that it uses the language local to the IP address that connected to it. That means that people form France see everything in France, etc. There doesn't seem to be any way to turn it off or switch languages, so English speakers from France cannot see anything in English, etc.

If they could address this shortcoming, I could do lots of great things with the service!

L4

Everywhere you go, leave someone or something better than you found it.

Affiliate Manager
    L4-
    It's manual right now- but can be done. I am getting the user choice added to all affiliate links as well.

Right now, if an affilaite want's to they have two choices- add the flags so a user can choose- just add them in your header or footer- code for this should be in the affiliate center by Friday or you can write affiliate@travelnow.com and we'll send it to you.

or- you can use the locale= code which you can find by choosing any flag on our homepage or by writing us- basically, you can overwrite so everyone sees what you want them to see.

Jessica Hutson

Affiliate Manager
    prix- you can reach me directly at jhutson@travelnow.com

you can reach the next available account manager or yours if you have a dedicated account manager at affiliate@travelnow.com

Jessica Hutson

ABW Ambassador
    I'm looking for a hotel-related affiliate program that can be targeted specifically to the geographical region featured in my websites, the Adirondack Mountains of New York. For instance, Lake Placid has four hotels of the "chain" variety. With Travelnow, would it be possible to feature links to those business or to Lake Placid hotels in general or would links be to a general Travelnow.com homepage?

Also, is your pop-under a permanent feature or just a temporary annoyance your webmaster is foolishly playing with? (Hate 'em!)

Wayne

Affiliate Manager
    Hi NorthernStudio-
    You can link into any page on our site- so no problem linking to just the cities or hotels you want.

We can customize search forms so that you have a drop down form with different cities if that would help you. You can see an example at http://ian.com/affiliatecenter/include/samples/trt.html

The popunder is permanant- but it is not on affilaite links- you won't see it when you get your links set up and neither will your customers.

Jessica Hutson

I dropped Expedia a long time ago because of their exclusivity clause. I had an affiliateship from a company they bought and I investigated and found out quickly about the potential conflict. I didn't want to rack up sales only to have them pulled away later because I had violated the TOS.

_____
    She was only a stableman's daughter, but all the horsemen knew her.

Warning - TravelNow - BE CAREFUL !!!
    You cannot trust TravelNow!

We booked a room at The Grand Hotel, Grand Canyon with travelnow. We gave them our credit card details and received a confirmation number. Everything was OK - we thought. But when we arrived Saturday evening, the Grand Hotel had not heard about the reservation, did not recognize the confirmation number and, of course, had no available room on such a busy evening. The hotel manager told us that he had no information about this booking portal, and since TravelNow had no phone number on their Web-page, there was no way to get in contact with them (they only had a standard comment form and would provide an answer on Monday morning  as if that would help). The reception clerk called around, but there were no available rooms in the vicinity. We just had to haul all our baggage out to the car and  tired after a long day of driving  drive to another town; far, far away on a Saturday night. TravelNow effectively ruined our tour to Grand Canyon.

Warning - TravelNow - BE CAREFUL !!!

TravelNow is now owned by IAC

Is World Choice Travel still owned by Sabre/Travelocity?

Are TravelNow and World Choice Travel the two main co-branded travel site options?

Any thoughts on how World Choice Travel performs?

This thread is 4 and 1/2 years old ?????????

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

Merchant & ABW Ambassador
    Magnus, one time wonder member...

22. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread