Where can I find a Wordpress theme like PerezHilton?
    Im obsessed with that layout of having the posts in the center and having a colored page with the posts in a white background.

Id love to find a wordpress theme like that, even if I have to pay for it.
    any ideas where to get it?
    I've looked for months and through all the wordpress themes in their viewer but havent found any.

Wink
    Would any of the themes at this url work for you??
    http://themes.wordpress.net/

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

What's the theme of your blog? Are you set on the "center post" layout? The reason you are having a hard time finding a similar theme is because "center post" layout is rarely used for WP themes. Most quality themes nowadays have either left or right sidebar, with content on the opposite side.

Quote Originally Posted by BurgerBoy
    Would any of the themes at this url work for you??
    http://themes.wordpress.net/
    None of them have that same look where the whole page is a light color, and the center post is a white background.

Quote Originally Posted by felit0
    What's the theme of your blog? Are you set on the "center post" layout? The reason you are having a hard time finding a similar theme is because "center post" layout is rarely used for WP themes. Most quality themes nowadays have either left or right sidebar, with content on the opposite side.
    I havent made the blog yet. There are a lot with the content in the center, but I want it to look like it does on perezhilton with the content in the middle. I love that look.
    Id pay for it if I could find it for sale.

Try www . getk2 . com, and play with the CSS. I'll bet you can get results similar to what you;re looking for.
    Kevin Webster
    twitter: levelanalytics

Kayak Fishing
    Web Analytics and Affiliate Marketing

http and a telephoto
    Yup, you just need a 3 column theme and tweak the css.
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    Yup, you just need a 3 column theme and tweak the css.
    Thats a lot of tweaking to make the whole page 1 color and have a rounded edges white post in the center.

Id rather just find a wordpress theme thats free or buy one like that.
    If I dont find it I'll hire a designer, but wanted to see if anyone knows of it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Noth
    Try www . getk2 . com, and play with the CSS. I'll bet you can get results similar to what you;re looking for.
    I dont know what getk2 is.
    is it a program, or do you mean download their design?
    it looks like the generic wordpress design with the 2 columns and blue on top and gray shadowing

why don't you make your own?

Quote Originally Posted by HardwareGeek
    why don't you make your own?
    Im not a designer.
    I believe that when you need to do something its much better to buy a script or a design that looks right, than it is to do it yourself when you dont know what youre doing and have it look amateur and homemade.

Plus ive tweaked my own templates before and its a pain. You have to figure out what goes where and you change something and it throws your whole layout off. You have to play with colors, etc. Id rather just buy it and save myself the aggrivation and use that time on something else.

Anyways, ill keep looking. If anyone know where I can find something like that, with a solid color and rounded white posts in the center let me know please

ABW Ambassador
    That's a completely custom WordPress theme on the Perez Hilton blog, with all kinds of plugins and bells and whistles.

Keep in mind that rounded corners take putting images in the right places, and you'd have to be mighty good at CSS to get that to work at all in the first place, much less working cross-browser (i.e. Internet Explorer bugs). Or it could be done using background images, which would be simpler - but still would take adjustments in CSS for post lengths.

More than likely you'll need to get a theme custom designed (and pay to have it done) if you can't or don't want to make up a custom one on your own or do the modifications youself on an existing theme.

If you don't want to (or can't) pay, then just start with a basic, simple open source 3 column theme with left and right sidebars and fool with it as far as you're able to, making adjustments in the CSS for colors, fonts, background colors, etc. Then, when you get it monetized you can use the revenue to pay for a redesign.

BTW, do a search at a search engine for "Wordpress themes rounded corners" which might find you a ready-made one close to what you need. There are some out there with rounded corners, but whether they'll be center column or the colors you want is a different matter.

13. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread