ABW Ambassador
    I got this email today:

This message is intended for the owner of If you received this email =
    in error please disregard.
    Your website using the Meta tag keywords are available from our service! You =
    are guaranteed an exclusive number one ranked position using our patented =
    internet display advertising system.
    When your keyword(s) or phrase(s) are entered by your potential customers, =
    your page will automatically open up - unlike your competitors who have to be =
    clicked on to open. This new system doesn't allow anyone tp "outbid" you. =
    You own your keyword(s) or phrase(s) for a full year.
    You can choose which sites they operate on like Google, MSN, Overture, Yahoo =
    and more, plus you can even choose regions within the search engines.
    This new service costs only a fraction of the price that you would pay for pay =
    per cllick advertising! You don't have to wait weeks or months to get this =
    position - just hours.
    Get in on the ground floor and have the best season you have ever had! Take =
    control of your business and call us today at 800-583-1494
    Remember- when a word or phase is sold it will not be available for another =
    year, and only if the buyer chooses not to renew it-so act now.
    Sincerely Yours,
    Technical Services

The email address is at and I should reply to an email address at
    What's on with that?

2005 Linkshare Golden Link Award Winner  ecomcity's Avatar
    St Clair Shores MI.
    These guys all have a one way ticket to a far away place after racking in the GREED driven bucks for top keywords. Modeled after the RealNames and now CommonNames redirect servers with a BHO to take over the IE browser. Most just have nothing ...just the old Nigerian e-mail spam thing going for their schemes.

Mike & Charlie ...

If they won't adopt and feed a bird ..flip them one! BBQ some Gator and remember to flush WhenU..

I got the same email today, but in mine they said “We are targeting your industry today”. OOOOOOOH I’ve been targeted. Oh and they have “patented internet display technology”. I know I’m impressed. And I’m really impressed that it was sent from a bogus email address and the email header has a domain listed that is “coming soon”. And the IP address it was sent from is in Korea. I’d almost be willing to bet that if you call the number, you’ll get switched to a toll 900 number and rack up a Miss Cleo phone bill. And if you give them your credit card number, ooooh watch those charges add up. But then again, maybe anyone who would actually sign up for such a thing deserves it.

“I get on my knees and pray, we don’t get fooled again!” – Who said that? I said that!

Edited to add: Mine Came from according to the return address. Doesn’t look like that domain exists though. Go figure.

4. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread