Any changes lately in the column order in SAS datafeeds?
    I just used the PHP script I've had working for nearly a year to download an SAS datafeed via FTP and insert it into a table on my site. Suddenly the datafeed site pretty much disappeared.

I did some exploring (this was for Fun to Collect) and discovered that the normal column order had changed in the structure of that FTC datafeed, which was just updated today.

Have their been some changes in the usual structure of the SAS datafeeds that I didn't hear about? I know it was changed with additional columns available in March 2007.

But if there's been another change, I never heard about it?

Anybody out there know?

Mr. Sal -- you around anywhere? You generally keep up on this stiff with SAS datafeeds.

Anyone??

EDITED TO ADD THIS: I don't understand exactly what's happened, but it appears at least with the Fun to Collect datafeed I'm looking at, there's some sort of sku column added just after the ProductID column; the MerchantID column is shifted several columns over from where it was; the Merchant name is missing; the Description column is shifted over considerably; and all the other columns have been thrown off accordingly. Anybody else having issues like this with any of the other SAS datafeeds??
    Last edited by writerguy; March 16th, 2008 at 02:04 PM. Reason: Added last paragraph
    Generate more fake news.

I see you found Geno, looks like a new feed was just uploaded today. Hope they get it fixed for you. I'm putting a link here for anyone who gets in later:

http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=99794

Thanks. I guess the question I wanted to be sure about by posting this more detailed OP was -- are the changes to the FTC datafeed unique to that merchant and/or programmers, or are there other SAS datafeeds we need to be aware of?

I've looked a three other SAS merchant df's and they seem to have the same data columns and no issues. So perhaps it is just an issue unique to FTC?
    Generate more fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by writerguy
    I just used the PHP script I've had working for nearly a year to download an SAS datafeed via FTP and insert it into a table on my site. Suddenly the datafeed site pretty much disappeared.

I did some exploring (this was for Fun to Collect) and discovered that the normal column order had changed in the structure of that FTC datafeed, which was just updated today.

Have their been some changes in the usual structure of the SAS datafeeds that I didn't hear about? I know it was changed with additional columns available in March 2007.

But if there's been another change, I never heard about it?

Anybody out there know?

Mr. Sal -- you around anywhere? You generally keep up on this stiff with SAS datafeeds.

Anyone??

EDITED TO ADD THIS: I don't understand exactly what's happened, but it appears at least with the Fun to Collect datafeed I'm looking at, there's some sort of sku column added just after the ProductID column; the MerchantID column is shifted several columns over from where it was; the Merchant name is missing; the Description column is shifted over considerably; and all the other columns have been thrown off accordingly. Anybody else having issues like this with any of the other SAS datafeeds??
    Welcome to the club!

Did you read my post yesterday? ---> http://forum.abestweb.com/showthread.php?t=102654

It's the weekend, so I am taking the day off too.

Ouch! No, Sal, I hadn't seen that thread. I just read and added to it myself.

So what's going on with SAS? Will all their datafeeds suddenly get the shift for that extra column and whatever?

I know you don't know the answer to that. Hopefully Brian or some of the SAS people will get to this and let us know what's really happening -- BEFORE any more of my datafeed sites get messed up.
    Generate more fake news.

IMPORTANT FOLLOW UP ON ALL THIS:

The newly updated SAS datafeeds I have checked not only have new data columns and/or moved data columns. It's much WORSE than that:

THE "BUY" LINK HAS NO AFFILIATE LINK IN IT -- it's only a link to the merchant's landing page, with no SAS affiliate ID in it??

Somebody out there's really dropped the ball on this.

Help??
    Generate more fake news.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    well, now I understand why I couldn't find the BuyURL because there isn't one anymore.... instead there is a landingpage URL. I hope this was only a test otherwise ALL of my work over the last 10 days has been a waste.

How are we supposed to replace "YOURUSERID" if the link is gone from the feed.

I have verified things with the FTC programmers, and no changes were made on their end. The feed format followed the standard one. Seems that the problem is on the SaS' end.

Geno

It appears something may have happened on 3/15 as the feeds updated before then are fine. I see one feed with nothing in it (United Shades) which was update on 3/15 at 10:01am also.

I FTP'ed and manually pulled multiple feeds and all of them update after 3/15 have SEVERAL extra fields along with the missing buy url. Considering what some of those fields include, I would venture a guess that there is some sort of parsing problem on SAS's end.

Has anyone opened a trouble ticket with them yet?
    Scott
    If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, then baffle them with bulls#!t
    Don't tell me that you'll do it... SHOW ME.
    Just because everyone else is drinking it is no reason for me to drink the KOOL-AID.

ShareASale President/CEO and ABW Veteran Brian - ShareASale's Avatar
    Guys and Gals - I am looking into this. There was no planned re-structure in terms of columns so there may be an error or it could be something at points inbetween....anyhow, I am looking into it.
    Thanks,

Brian Littleton
    President/CEO - ShareASale.com, Inc.

Thanks Brian. Sorry if I seemed like I was in full-blown panic earlier today.

Gotta cut back on the caffeine ... gotta cut back on the caffeine ... gotta cut back ...
    Generate more fake news.

Visual Artist & ABW Ambassador lostdeviant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian - ShareASale
    ... There was no planned re-structure in terms of columns so there may be an error or it could be something at points inbetween....anyhow, I am looking into it.
    I'm glad we won't have to redo our php scripts. I hope you're also looking into the missing Buy-URLs too.

Use the FTC dynamic datafeed template. It up-dates automatically and it is working fine right now with all of the products.

Maybe Geno can tell you more about it.

http://www.freedynamictemplates.com/m_funtocollect.html

Vietnam Veteran 1966-1970 USASA
    ABW Forum Rules - Advertise At ABW

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread