Hijacking my links
    It has come to my attention that two websites

materialfecesill.info
    and
    grenlandtangoklubb.net

Are hijacking my affiliate links

This is visible by doing Google search
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=php...&start=10&sa=N

I am the site owner of www.findallsorts.com and basically the above 2 sites ar using some 302 redirect to scrape my site of content and hijack my links.

I managed to see their affiliate ids during the brief redirect and they are

Has anyone experienced this or got any advice. Anyone know who these ids belong to even?

I am really not happy about this and of course those domains are protected by privacy.org so I cant contact the site owners, but it has all kind of implications with SEO and duplicate content and general redirecing issues.

I work so hard on my sites organising all my content, I am real mad at these guys for doing this and messing up my efforts.

I'd say to report it to SAS.

i have now in fact done that now, thanks.

I never feel very confident though that I can do anything, or anyone can about stuff like this, because people who do it tend to be real sneaky and have their backsides well covered you know, using false names, proxy ips and stuff.

They get moved on from one place and just set it up under another proxy and other name again. God only knows why they cant use their intelligence to make some cash ethically.

Anyway, I will wait and see I guess.

True, but what an SAS can do about it is on their end. If they find it against their policies, then they can disable those affiliate site ids or their accounts. I don't know if that would stop the hijacking, or just not give them credit for it, but it's hopefully something. But you're right, "evil will always triumph over good because good is dumb." Criminals are always two steps ahead of the law, but if we stop pursuit, they'll be miles ahead and uncatchable.

I found two more sites and afilaites doing it so now its these 4 sites

cewad dot info

twentysixshoe dot info

materialfecesill dot info

grenlandtangoklubb dot net/

all doing some weird redirect thing off of my sites content to earn a few bucks.

Really though they are the dumb ones, because if they had any brains they wouldnt need to resort to devious means to make a few bucks.

They may think they are two steps ahead, but they are actually way behind the rest of us who manage to earn an honest living online.

I am really fuming here, dont be fooled by my not using heinous language, I feel like kicking some backsides

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar

Lite On The Do, Heavy On The Nuts Donuts's Avatar

I reported to SAS, and they informed me the offending affiliate account was cancelled. I also have 2 outstanding complaints to CJ.

If anyone sees this happening to their own site, they should report to the networks immediately.. when it is no longer profitable to them, scrapers will move on to other things...

I reported two instances to SAS last week, haven't heard back yet, didn't expect it to be fixed overnight. Both instances were the same person who has a lot lower AFID number than I do so they're not some newbie. I also reported it to the AM.

Thanks for the link, Donuts. I'm going to implement some of those in my own affiliate shops, for sure.

I like traffic lights
    Southern hemisphere - away from Fukushima
    Also, if they keep doing it, serve up a DMCA copyright notice on their hosting service, which will force them to move to another hosting service before they can screw you again.

The problem is that the stolen snippet is not on any other site, it's only in their script. The page referenced in the link does not exist. The site at that URL is a parked wordpress template with no content.

Yes that is correct, the pages do not exist and what they are doing is only visible when doing the search I did. The pages are just redirect scripts.

As the links that show in SE results are essentially incorrect, i have also filled in a google spam report, who maybe will look into it, I think they are quite hot on such things and remove offending sites.

I am waiting to hear from Shareasale support about it, hopefully they are looking into it and it just takes a little time.

14. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread