Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Perfect Push Up?
    Anyone used the perfect push up product? I've seen it on TV and seems like it would be good for getting in a work out at home. Anyone here tried it?
    [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com]www.morevisibility.com[/URL]

too good to be true
    Just like most things in life, if it seems too good to be true it usually is. I highly doubt the studd in this product's ad used that product to get so buff. Anyone can do a push-up and you don't need some specialized piece of expensive equipment to do them. Push-ups are great exercise, and I'll bet that this device has some benefit...but will this actually make you do more push-ups? Save yourself the money and do a few more each time and you'll get the same great workout. There are also lots of strength training exercises you can do without any equipment, just your body weight as resistance.

40 BUCKS??!!!? If you want the extra range of motion, just either get a couple of books to put your hands on, or make a set of push-up bars (parralettes?) out of heavy PVC pipe. I think the crossfit folks have plans on their site for free. Really though, there is nothing new under the sun when it comes to exercise gimmicks, and I see the above product as a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by rockymountainmark
    Push-ups are great exercise, and I'll bet that this device has some benefit...but will this actually make you do more push-ups? Save yourself the money and do a few more each time and you'll get the same great workout.
    Most people that start using the Perfect Pushup actually do fewer pushups (and get the same or better workout) because they're harder to do with this equipment.

gwasserman, you should consider the Perfect Pushup if pushups are already a regular part of your exercise routine and you don't mind spending $40 to enhance them a little bit.

But if you're just looking to start doing some exercises to get a work out at home, focus on the basics for a complete workout and most importantly try to make exercising a habit that will stick with you.
    --

thanks for the advice guys. It's true though, fancy equipment like this isnt really needed. I'm pretty good at push ups already.. can do about 50 or so.. and ill do them with my feet elevated on the bed. I just thought this could be a new and fun addition to a little home gym. But yeah 40 bucks is pretty steep for a gimmick product like this. I was hoping this would give a good work out in the shoulders and back area a little more than a regular push up..
    [URL=http://www.morevisibility.com]www.morevisibility.com[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by gwasserman
    I was hoping this would give a good work out in the shoulders and back area a little more than a regular push up..
    It does do that. You can read some owners' comments at http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/di...asp?tid=105172
    --

I have not used the perfect pushup. However, I have a close friend and a business partner who swear by it.

It may not necessarily beat the traditional push up but the range of motion has the capability of possibly reaching areas that may have not been reached without it.

Tis true, there is nothing new under the sun. Motivation starts within, not without. The equipment you buy does not make you work out, you make it work out for you.

I agree with everything said here about motivation. If you're going to make any purchase I'd say a chin up bar is actually really useful piece of equipment. If you want to work out at home then I'd advise getting one of those, a set of dumbells and a bench press before something like this. There's lots of free ways of making press ups harder and lots of variations to try without paying anything.
    [B]Kier Marston[/B] - Account Manager
    Email/AIM/MSN: Kier@webgains.com
    [URL=http://us.webgains.com/affiliates.html]Join Webgains[/URL] , Read [URL=http://usablog.webgains.com/]our blog[/URL]

It is healthier for your wrists to be put in that particular rotation, and you do get a bit of a deeper bend on each pushup but those are probably the only benefits when compared to normal pushups.
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com/afpr.html"><font color="#FF0000">Buzzy Multimedia Publishing Affiliate Program</font></a>--<a href="http://www.shareasale.com/shareasale.cfm?merchantID=13023"><font color="#FF0000">SAS Sign-Up</font></a>
    7-15% Commision, 180 Cookies, Bonuses
    <a href="http://www.buzzymultimedia.com">Earn Buzzy Bucks Promoting Sci-Fi & Fantasy Audio Books and Wicked Cool T-Shirts</a>

Talking about professional equipment. You need no professional equipment for any workout. Although it is nice for weightlifters to have some of the right stuff obviously.

However, for keep fit, abs, etc, nothing is needed at all and anyone can do some exercise.

Never buy anything at all if you dont need it.

Dang, I thought "the perfect push up" product had something to do with underwires. Had no idea this thread was about DOING pushups.

...sorry...

...no...not really...

...guess I'll go have another

Bill / Marketing Blog @ 12PM - Current project: Resurrecting my "baby" at South Baltimore..
    Cute Personal Checks and Business Checks
    If you are too busy to laugh you are too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Dang, I thought "the perfect push up" product had something to do with underwires. Had no idea this thread was about DOING pushups.
    Bill, Good one. now go back to watching the Victoria Secrets runway show.

I'm skeptical about the increased range of motion thing having a whole lot of benefit.

I agree that equipment is not necesary for most people, but it depends what your goal is. fitness? do more pushups? get ripped like the governator? Do you NEED this thing to do any of those? NO.

I always like how they tell you it was developed by a Navy SEAL. Is that supposed to mean it's good? Do the SEALs use this in their training? I bet they don't.

Affiliate Network Rep John@AffiliateFuture.com's Avatar
    its a great product if you are into doing tri/chest exercises. a nice supplement for when you can't get to the gym or if you are traveling. these are far superior to the old school push up bars...

I tried the perfect push up for the first time a few weeks ago and thought they really made doing push ups more effective. I although did not see a need to purchase them because you can get the added resistance from putting your feet on your couch or a yoga ball and doing the push ups. What I really want to try is the perfect pull up and see if they work well or not.

I purchased a Perfect Pushup rip-off from Linens N Things when they were going bankrupt, for $15. I've never been able to do many push ups due to the positioning and pressure on my wrists, but the push up device I bought lets me do 40+ pushups without any wrist pain. If you're a push up fan, check out http://www.hundredpushups.com/ for a neat plan to increase the number of push ups you can do.

Affiliate Manager Matt McWilliams's Avatar
    I am the same as Joshua. My left wrist prevents me from doing regular pushups to failure. My wrist gives out before my chest or arms do.

I actually bought it for about $20 and I use it when I cannot get to the gym on chest day because it IS harder to do them and it isolates my chest a bit more.

Honestly though, you could also just use dumbells on the floor or something else to raise up your wrists as well. The extra range of motion and stretch works the chest harder for sure.

They are especially great for close grip pushups.

Are they worth $40? Probably not. $20? Yeah.
    Matt McWilliams
    Call Me At: (317) 825-8826 | Follow Me On Twitter: @MattMcWilliams2 | Connect With Me On LinkedIn

I would still the normal exercise: Enough sleep, eating green and leafy vegetables, morning jog and most of all peace of mind... Nothing would beat these..

Hey I just made an account just so I could put in my two cents on this.

Dude the perfect pushups are freaking amazing! I don't have a gym membership anymore and that is the main thing that I use. I mainly use the ab slide and the perfect pushups. Here is a link to my pic on one of my sites. http://www.collegepills.com/muscleandconfidence.html

You don't get a body like that from doing regular pushups. They hit my shoulders tri's, back, chest, forearm, and core. Ten times better than regular pushups. They work so much more than a regular pushup. You are holding your whole weight with just your grips. Plus the rotation motions change what muscles are being worked. Don't talk crap about them if you haven't done a full workout with them. The next day you are sore all over. Regular pushups only make my chest sore. Jeeze, I should be a rep for the P,P's

Affiliate Manager
    In my book, the perfect pushup is just doing them on a regular basis.

The equipment you buy does not make you work out, you make it work out for you.
    In my book, the perfect pushup is just doing them on a regular basis.
    Well said. Having said that - I bought a copy cat product from Walmart for $20, and I love doing pushups with them. Military style works great.

Affiliate Manager
    Duuuuude - I am impressed - Military style!!

The Perfect Push Up?
    I have not used the perfect push up product; I used to do it with my free hands.

Thumbs down
    Quote Originally Posted by gwasserman
    Anyone used the perfect push up product? I've seen it on TV and seems like it would be good for getting in a work out at home. Anyone here tried it?
    Perfect Pushup (Looking at the Claims)

1.You engage more muscles.

The downward motion you swivel inward, and then move back to a parallel position at the top, you may be engaging more stabilizing muscles do to the swivel effect. The claim does seem to have merit. Engaging more muscle using the product as directed.

2. Helps reduce joint pain.

A regular pushup is performed with palms down; this may put extra stress on the wrist joints. The perfect pushup is designed to use an over hand grip which does appear to relieve joint pain.
    3. Designed for all fitness levels.

Most fitness products are designed for the beginner, intermediate and advanced.

My conversation with a sales person.

The salesman asked if I thought the product was worth the $39.00 dollars. I told him I didnít think the product was a rip off, and I donít believe the claims are deceiving. But I did explain I thought the product was not worth the money and the same results can be accomplished performing regular standard pushups.

The salesman had one last shot at convincing me it was more beneficial then the traditional push up. He said the perfect push up is designed with handles so when you move down you are increasing your range of motion. I agreed, but explained the extra four inches was not crucial when performing the exercise. He was still not convinced so I decided to show him I could perform the same exercise and get the same results using equipment I already owned or were
    available in the Gym.

I took two dumb bells placed them on the floor, the height was similar to the perfect push up, I turned the dumb bells at a forty five degree angle out ward. Got down did a push up. I then turned them forty five degrees in ward and did one more push up. He did agree I could get similar results using a little ingenuity.

I would not purchase the product for $39.00 dollars. On a scale of 1-10 I would rate it a five. I can duplicate 96% of the claims using red ally available equipment.

Before I left the store I had one more thought for the salesman. I told him the only perfect push up was to have someone else perform it for you.

I will say this, from playing tennis, I was having some wrist issues. Issues to the point where regular push-ups were getting to be pretty painful. I bought some similar push-up bars at Target (for about half the price) and they were amazing as far as my wrist was concerned. I don't know that I'd say there's any actual benefit in terms of muscle use, although I do think there might be a little. But definitely I think it is much better on your wrists to use the push up bars.

The only perfect pushup I can imagine is one done by someone else that gives you the results I would pay $40 for that in a flash

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast