petswarehouse.com is for sale next Monday, for anyone who turns up at the Tuscumbia, Alabama, sheriff's office and wants to bid on it. There's a trademark somewhere possibly up for grabs too.

Could be an interesting sale given the history behind it

________
    All your commission are belong to us.
    Check out the latest Homeland Security press releases.

I noticed that too while looking for companies to affiliate with for a dog website I'm doing. There IS a pets-warehouse that's up and running, I didn't bother to do the homework to see if it's the same thing.

Ros

While this is an active merchant on ABW, I encourage all to read through the documented information via the links provided by Moomiester. I have spoken many times with Bob Novack and have a comfort zone sufficient to continue to allow his company to be promoted on ABW.

Posted as a FWIW, choose wisely!

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Haiko's response came in as I was typing this and, reading his comments, I felt it best to deleted my orginal post.

Ron - 7 Days A Week Marketing

They are and their not. I spoke to Henry today after joining their program and was informed briefly about that issue. Pets-warehouse is owned by miggizzi corp and licenses the trademark from an individual. That individual is involved with a lawsuit and the petswarehouse website in litigation has nothing else to do with the affiliate program.

I don’t really care about the collateral issues, I’m here to make money and I think they have the best pet product to help me do that.

What is really strange here is why would this guy dynamoo be so hell bent on trying to trash a company.

When doing a search on this character he look’s like a real nut job, he trashes many people on his site including his own government.

Then looking a bit more he may have his own agenda. He has a few pet affiliations with others and pet bird websites-perhaps he somehow sees a threat. I don’t know it makes no sense to me. Maybe Henry turned down his application?
    I’m new to the affiliate group but unless this person has first hand knowledge of something that would affect my ability to earn commissions he should mind his own business.

The admin said about an unrelated matter
    “I don't want us to lose focus of what ABW is about --- and that is Affiliate Marketing!

Now let's make some more money!

Haiko”

ditto

ABW Ambassador
    Another Newbie just doing some research on an outspoken person here and throwing up stupidity.

Is this going to be a trend? This is the second time and already it is getting old.

I had originally signed up for the program, but never got any links up.
    There were too many kinks in the program, like they started it up before it was ready.
    That gave me a bad feeling right off.
    If they start out that poorly, it worried me about how the program would be run.
    My intuition says don't put up links, and I always follow my intuition.
    If others have success with the program that is great, but I won't be jumping on it anytime soon.

Connie Berg
    http://www.flamingoworld.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim_W:
    What is really strange here is why would this guy dynamoo be so hell bent on trying to trash a company.

When doing a search on this character he look’s like a real nut job, he trashes many people on his site including his own government.

Then looking a bit more he may have his own agenda. He has a few pet affiliations with others and pet bird websites-perhaps he somehow sees a threat. I don’t know it makes no sense to me. Maybe Henry turned down his application?
    I’m new to the affiliate group but unless this person has first hand knowledge of something that would affect my ability to earn commissions he should mind his own business.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dynamoo is one of my most respected and valued Moderators ... I'll back him till ... I die!

Moo is CYAing affiliates ... nothing more and nothing less .... choose wisely and ...

Continued Success,

<font size="2" face="Verdana">Haiko

The secret of success is constancy of purpose. ~ Disraeli
    </font></p>

Conrad is this you?

link

A web site saboteur has been wreaking havoc among local political parties.
    Spoof sites have been set up, prospective mayoral candidates names have been poached and at one point a picture involving a naked lady being friendly with a horse appeared on the only official Conservative site.
    Many of the shenanigans started when a former Liberal Democrat county councillor, Conrad Longmore, registered nearly every single site name which contains the words 'Bedford' and 'Conservative'.
    He set up a spoof web site in their name but adds at the top of it, 'This site is not affiliated with the Conservative Party in any way (thank goodness)' and offers to sell people the Tory domain names at prices ranging from £2,000 for 'www.bedfordconservatives.co.uk' to £10 for 'Iain Duncan Smith'.
    Last week John Ball reported that prospective Tory mayoral candidate Charles Rose had registered a number of domains with the words 'Better Bedford', the campaign that rival prospective candidate Frank Branston is heading.
    Now someone has poached the name 'Frank Branston' but no-one will admit to it.
    Conrad Longmore, Bedford Goldington ward councillor between 1997 and 2001 said: "After several years of unpleasant campaigns by the Tories when they would stoop to anything as long as it was legal to further themselves, I thought it was payback time. I was not responsible for putting the woman and the horse on their web site – I cannot redirect Conservative site traffic. I just keep an eye on domain names and on who is registering what. "
    When asked if he had registered www.frankbranston.com he simply said: "It hasn't got my name on the registration form."
    (You would have thought, wouldn't you, that a former councillor would have better things to do with his time!)

Yes, that's me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>When doing a search on this character he look’s like a real nut job, he trashes many people on his site including his own government.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah and I trash my own government here on ABW too. I happen to live in a democracy where it's allowed to have a different point of view from your own government.

IMHO, Pets Warehouse has the potential to be a good program. But unlike Jim_W I *have* done extensive research on the ownership of the "Pets Warehouse" brand since 1974 and the current legal status of the trademark and it's hugely complicated, but I'd say the weight of legal argument doesn't back up Migi Inc's assertations.

Look at it this way - every major engagement with an merchant is a risk. Balance the pros and cons of the merchant before making a decision to start a major engagement. On the plus side, Pets Warehouse has a good range of products, attractive affiliate commissions and a responsive affiliate manager. On the negative side there are the multiple lawsuits, questions on who really does own what, the high rate of churn of company ownership and what have you.

And nope, although I run a pet site I haven't and wouldn't apply to this program, since you ask.

________

ABW Ambassador
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jim_W:
    When doing a search on this character he look’s like a real nut job, he trashes many people on his site including his own government.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Totally uncalled for, and I'm guessing against the TOS.

Michael

Conrad admitted
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> He set up a spoof web site in their name but adds at the top of it, 'This site is not affiliated with the Conservative Party in any way (thank goodness)' and offers to sell people the Tory domain names at prices ranging from £2,000 for 'www.bedfordconservatives.co.uk' to £10 for 'Iain Duncan Smith'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    You’re right I shouldn’t have called him a nut job. A “cybersquatter” would be more appropriate. Political views are one thing but to extort money from your opposing party is another.
    On this side of the pond,Senator Spencer Abraham, a Michigan Republican on the subject of Cybersquatting said it is the act of registering a popular web address--usually a name--with the intent of selling it to its rightful owner.
    Comparing cybersquatting to online extortion.

As to the TOS "The messages express the views of the author of the message" nothing more.

ABW Ambassador
    As to the TOS(RULES) i think Em was referring to this one you should have read when joining:

Any member who posts another member's url or urls to their site(s), their real name or other personal information without the owners prior approval, shall immediately be banned.

Looks like you did all of the above.

"Nothing focuses the mind better than the constant sight of a competitor who wants to wipe you off the map."
    --Wayne Calloway

Shrug. I'm just enjoying seeing Jim W's fantastic detective abilities in action. Hey, he can look up a user profile and use Google!

Maybe you'd like to share your real identity with us, Jim W, and then we can look you up too?

Oh yes, if I wanted to do a real demolition job on Pets Warehouse I wouldn't do it here. And in any case, Henry has stated that Migi Inc and Robert Novak are not the same entity. The domain petswarehouse.com and the trademark appear to be the property of Robert Novak, pets-warehouse.com and the physical premises is the property of Migi Inc. Perhaps Migi Inc would have been better off choosing a new name.

________

15. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread