ABW Ambassador
    CJ's Perspective On The Pepperjam Situation
    Kerri Pollard from CJ in a podcast talking about the Pepperjam situation, as much as you're going to get in public about it probably - http://www.costpernews.com/2008/03/1...sion-junction/

And they talk about some other things too.
    Last edited by Trust; March 17th, 2008 at 07:22 PM.

ABW Ambassador
    Clear cut talk
    No B$ & no spin

ALSO there was an acknowledgment of SAS

I like her !

OPM and Moderator Chuck Hamrick's Avatar
    Nice to have Kerri give CJ's point of view, now we have a debate!

Anyone want to share a Cliff Notes synopsis? I hate listening to podcasts.
    Michael Coley
    Amazing-Bargains.com
     Affiliate Tips | Merchant Best Practices | Affiliate Friendly? | Couponing | CPA Networks? | ABW Tips | Activating Affiliates
    "Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela

ABW Ambassador
    Basically they (PJ) went from partner to direct competitor and they don't let other direct competitors, LS, SAS, Performics etc, operate within the CJ marketplace. Which makes sense to me. And another point I posted elsewhere, is that CJ has been pretty open with merchants opening up on other networks. Merchants can be at CJ/Performics, CJ/SAS, vice versa. And the same with Performics, SAS and others. Linkshare has been the tightest as far as that wanting exclusivity from merchants. But you should listen to it, good podcast.

It has to seem like bad times for CJ. Losing merchants migrating over to PJ (or at least a tad upset their OPMs are leaving.) Also, eBay and their departure from the network. Unless they have something up their sleeve then they should be very concerned.

As a matter of fact, I am quite surprised that they didn't forsee the evolution of PJN. This is a company that speaks of Web 3.0 and future technologies but can't even see one step ahead as to what the OPMs might be up to??? I have a hard time believing that they didn't know something about PJN before the public press release.

-sfcom

ABW Ambassador
    Quote Originally Posted by Trust
    Basically they (PJ) went from partner to direct competitor and they don't let other direct competitors, LS, SAS, Performics etc, operate within the CJ marketplace. Which makes sense to me.
    It makes perfect sense. She also elaborated on their threefold components, which was a valid point to make:

1) The technology, including tracking, reporting and payments.
    2) Project management, done by OPMs as well as by them in-house.
    3) Development and building out the publisher network, including the Advisory Board and recruiting efforts.

It's #1 that PJ has moved into, but it's easy to see how all 3 could be damaging to CJ with a competitor continuing to be on the inside.

And another point I posted elsewhere, is that CJ has been pretty open with merchants opening up on other networks. Merchants can be at CJ/Performics, CJ/SAS, vice versa. And the same with Performics, SAS and others.
    Totally open, and also - would it make any sense for Carolyn from SAS or Gary from Avantlink to be functioning as OPMs managing CJ merchants within the CJ marketplace, being in-house with other networks?

It makes no more sense for PJ to be doing it, so CJ is perfectly justified in enforcing a policy that's already been in place, quite sensibly.

Anyone want to share a Cliff Notes synopsis?
    It's only about 25 mins and very interesting.

If you haven't read the PepperJam side of the story it is here (which is shockingly unprofessional compared to CJ's response):

http://pepperjamblog.com/2008/03/05/...nst-pepperjam/

Why would anybody work with pepperjam?
    I am curious as to why any publisher would work with a program managed by PJ? PJ is a publisher - when you are in one of their programs they can see your stats...including traffic, links that convert, and the pages they are on.

Or do you not mind handing over your trade secrets to a competitor?

Sandee

PJ likes to act like this was some big surprise. But they saw this coming. It was a joke around the office. How do you not start a network and expect to have problems with one that you were partnered with? They knew that they were going to get kicked off CJ before they announced there network. They planned this from the beginning. It was all about publicity and getting there name out there and what better way then to pick a fight with a major network. That and Kris loves to manipulate people.

12. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread