Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    No Longer Banned!
    HTML & SEO vs. PHP.....
    Hi

Will the html have any less effect on the SEO than PHP does ? Are they veiwed as equal ?

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

I think SEs like html better than PHP. With that being said you can always make php look like static html pages with you .htaccess file and the way you code your scripts.

I am working on a site right now which is coded in php. When it is complete though it will look like it is static html
    Last edited by Doug247; March 18th, 2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Just wanted to add something
    Thanks,
    Doug

PHP is server-side, meaning that the code gets executed on the server before the web browser - or the search engines - see it. It will look like HTML because it is HTML, in the end. Web browsers and search engines never see the PHP code that is used to generate the final HTML output.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Quote Originally Posted by HecticDMC
    PHP is server-side, meaning that the code gets executed on the server before the web browser - or the search engines - see it. It will look like HTML because it is HTML, in the end. Web browsers and search engines never see the PHP code that is used to generate the final HTML output.
    Search Engines do see the URL thought. So what would be better, a URL ending in .html, .php. .php?VAR=1

Thanks
    Thanks,
    Doug

As far as I know, the extension is not taken into account by the SE's. The file name is, of course, but not the extension. So .html, .php, .asp, or whatever would not affect rank - again, as far as I know.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

As far as I know, the extension is not taken into account by the SE's. The file name is, of course, but not the extension. So .html, .php, .asp, or whatever would not affect rank - again, as far as I know.
    Yup. Of course its not recommended to have a long query string like script.php?a=1&b=2&c=3&d=4. It really just comes down to how many incoming links the URL gets regardless of the extension.

- Scott
    Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all transgressions.

Maybe I'm guessing wrong, but it looks to me like the question is directed toward the pros and cons of the different PopShops options. IF that's the case then definitely PHP is superior because the HTML code is static and the PHP updates with the feed. You can 'Pop-In' the PHP code and run page after page almost on Auto pilot, but the HTML code you may need to replace and re-upload day after day - or have outdated pages. The PHP code is fed by the feed, the HTML option is a one time photo of the feed.

No Longer Banned!
    Will The Use Of HTML Hurt My Reputation ?...
    Quote Originally Posted by 2busy
    Maybe I'm guessing wrong, but it looks to me like the question is directed toward the pros and cons of the different PopShops options. IF that's the case then definitely PHP is superior because the HTML code is static and the PHP updates with the feed. You can 'Pop-In' the PHP code and run page after page almost on Auto pilot, but the HTML code you may need to replace and re-upload day after day - or have outdated pages. The PHP code is fed by the feed, the HTML option is a one time photo of the feed.
    2busy

Basically I dunno much about PHP and the costs associated w/ having my design guy programme it in php. So I had him write it in html.

Now I get that html is SE friendly and that php is dynamic like all that, but as Dan was pointing out {a little bit} I was trying to determain if the SE's would penalise me or if my SEO would be viewed as a bad apple if I used HTML for my Data Feeds ect. ect. ect.

Will my use of HTML hurt my rankings/ legitimacy in googles/ or even in the Affiliate managers eyes ? Will it damage my reputation ? {That's pretty much non existent anyway except for when I occasionally get flamed. }. I'm already less than nothing now and I want to avoid as many pit falls as possible. I have learned that many people often do not understand and will not ask, and will simply jump to conclusions about your character/ legitimacy ect. so any insight will be great.

Insight would be great !

Steve
    DreamLinux.net | Registered Linux User 453976 | PM me to view our sites. It's a Google thing.

http and a telephoto
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Will my use of HTML hurt my rankings/ legitimacy in googles/ or even in the Affiliate managers eyes ? Will it damage my reputation ?
    No. Why on earth would it?
    Deborah Carney
    TeamLoxly.com BookGoodies.com ABCsPlus.com

Affiliate managers look at the quality of the html, not the use of it. This is popshops, not rocket science. Ask questions about popshops, not how to incorporate it into your site, how to market it, how to create your site etc.
    You are still asking for step by step instructions on everything. READ! Open ears shut mouth.

You are mean Flamingoworld.
    We are here to help each other. Not everybody knows everything that is why this forum is so great. You can read a lot but sometimes posting here and getting another point of view or suggestion is what helps you the most.

I am not being mean, this guy has been asking for step by step instructions in all his posts. I am not the only one feeling this way, just the only one not afraid to speak up.
    With all the questions he has asked in the past few weeks he still hasn't done anything. More action and less talking gets more done.

No Longer Banned!
    Ms. Loxly Gives HTML In PopShops The Green Light.....
    Quote Originally Posted by loxly
    No. Why on earth would it?
    Loxly

Just wanna make sure of this before I go adding/ changing all sorts of only to find out that I need some sort of upgrade or I did not do it right ect.

The point is to try to stay on the right path Esp. after I used javascript for the the ones I have up now.

That works for me !

Thanks Ms. Loxly

Steve

Since this doesn't seem to be about PopShops in general, I'd recommend stepping back and learning what the various programming languages are. If you knew what PHP was, you wouldn't need to ask if SEO is impacted or not when you use it. Start either by going offline and heading to your local Barnes & Noble and sitting down with a good PHP book or visiting one of the tens of thousands of PHP tutorial sites online.

I agree, there seems to be quite a lot of hand-holding going on, when a lot of the questions being asked are easily answered with just a little effort on the part of the asker.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

No Longer Banned!
    FlamingoWorld Wants Me 2 STFU & Figure It Out 4 Myself ?....
    Quote Originally Posted by porkchop
    You are mean Flamingoworld.
    We are here to help each other. Not everybody knows everything that is why this forum is so great. You can read a lot but sometimes posting here and getting another point of view or suggestion is what helps you the most.
    Thank you you are correct. I do the very same for all that ask if/ when I know it.

BTW Pork Chop: STFU Cheer Squad Means "Shut The F***K Up." in the avatar. I make no judgements, however, I do think that FlamingoWorld is NOT NECESSARILY a technical/ detail oriented person. Perhaps preferring instead to focus on bigger/ less "Trivial" things.

There is an interesting take on people asking questions here from time to time. I'm not sure that every one can always find what is being searched for and when they do, I cannot guarantee that the material read is completely understood.

It would also be my guess that FlamingoWorld is more of a "Figure it out for yourself" individual as opposed to just giving you the answer. Sharing is not every ones strong suit. Oh well.

In any case, I'm asking a popshops related question cuz I'm now a paying popshops member and I just want to double check this since I could not find it in the PopShops FAQ. ~ Read it several times. I missed it perhaps ?

Steve
    Last edited by Steve Williams; March 19th, 2008 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Spelling/ Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by SteveWilliams
    Thank you you are correct. I do the very same for all that ask if/ when I know it.

BTW Pork Chop: STFU Cheer Squad Means "Shut The F***K Up." in the avatar. I make no judgements, however, I do think that FlamingoWorld is NOT NECESSARILY a technical/ detail oriented person. Perhaps preferring instead to focus on bigger/ less "Trivial" things.

There is an interesting take on people asking questions here from time to time. I'm not sure that every one can always find what is being searched for and when they do, I cannot guarantee that the material read is completely understood.

It would also be my guess that FlamingoWorld is more of a "Figure it out for yourself" individual as opposed to just giving you the answer. Sharing is not every ones strong suit. Oh well.

In any case, I'm asking a popshops related question cuz I'm now a paying popshops member and I just want to double check this since I could not find it in the PopShops FAQ. ~ Read it several times. I missed it perhaps ?

Steve
    Shows how little you know. I am very detail oriented. I haven't been successful for 10 years by not being so. Considering I built my business by myself and created my site myself, I would think that would make me technical and detail oriented.
    And yes, you should figure some of the stuff out yourself. We are not here to hold your hand and teach you everything you need to know. No one held my hand or anyone here who is successful's hand. Why should we just give you the answers?

Why not just get building something and when you have something to actually show us we would be more than happy to give guidance. Notice I said guidance, not hand holding. We will not give you details, you have to do somethings yourself.

ABW Ambassador
    It seems lately at ABW so many threads drift off of target and turn into shouting matches . Flamingoworld if you didn't want to help him with this question, then don't bother responding to the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Lily
    It seems lately at ABW so many threads drift off of target and turn into shouting matches . Flamingoworld if you didn't want to help him with this question, then don't bother responding to the thread.
    I am just tired of this dude coming in here acting like we owe him something. And you can't tell me there aren't many more members here thinking the same as me.

Antisocial Media Expert ProWebAddict's Avatar
    Well the other popshops thread about the borders annoyed me because it's not that difficult to click on styles and change it. But SteveWilliams isn't as annoying as that person with the silver screen name.

I've had a hard time restraining myself from blasting on silverxxxxxxx so I see why Flamingoworld is being tough. Stop expecting ABW to be a place where you get step by step answers. Do you want me to write your business plan and pay your hosting fee as well?

I'm getting off topic because my annoyance is directed toward "mr. should I ppc or squidoo or buy a domain and how do I do it"? But it's on topic because I get the sentiment.

ABW Ambassador
    Other people were answering his question. That's what this forum is all about. Ask a question, get an answer. Obviously everyone isn't tired of dealing with him, because others were answering the question.

No Longer Banned!
    Dan's Crapping My Damn Thread Again.....
    Dan

Comment is OT and does not contribute to/ answer the topic I am trying to discuss.

You are welcome to to address your concerns in a PM or General Discussion thread if available.

Steve

Oh waaah.

My comment was this:

Since this doesn't seem to be about PopShops in general, I'd recommend stepping back and learning what the various programming languages are. If you knew what PHP was, you wouldn't need to ask if SEO is impacted or not when you use it. Start either by going offline and heading to your local Barnes & Noble and sitting down with a good PHP book or visiting one of the tens of thousands of PHP tutorial sites online
    And it is completely ON topic. My other bit about the hand-holding was just an addendum. Connie is NOT the only member who feels the way she does, and Steve, if you knew anything about Connie (not that you ever seem to research *anything*) you wouldn't have made those assumptions and cast those aspersions on her.

I'm adding you to the ignore list. Good-bye.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    Ok, this is where I have to step in and say no fighting in the PopShops forum.

If PopShops users and ABW members want to help each other great. The idea is for people to help each other (and PopShops) overcome technical issues whether they be simple, related in only a contextual way or extremely complicated. I am sure the questions I asked as a newbie, which wasn't all that long ago, were sometimes completely silly.

But I think the real issue is that new members take the answers they get and in return contribute to the community. I understand the concerns raised by ABW veterans like Connie but there are other more relevant threads to fight about (and hopefully discuss) this.

Thank you.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

I apologize, Angel, for my part of it. I tried posting helpful information in the beginning, but it seemed to derail. Won't happen again.
    Daniel M. Clark
    Tech Manager
    Greg Hoffman Consulting

Outsourced Program Manager Angel Djambazov's Avatar
    I apologize, Angel, for my part of it. I tried posting helpful information in the beginning, but it seemed to derail. Won't happen again.
    No worries. I totally get why people are frustrated I just feel that those conversations will be more productive if they are focused in a few threads rather than spread through out ABW.
    Angel Djambazov
    Managing Edtior ReveNews
    OPM for Keen Shoes and Graphicly.com

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast