Yahoo Search Marketing
    Ok, so I created a campaign with the exact same words that I had on an adwords campaign that gets a lot of traffic.

Once I put it on Yahoo though it got hardly any traffic at all compared to google.

Are the search engines really that different in the amount of traffic they can bring to a campaign?

Thanks,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by mweidner2782
    Are the search engines really that different in the amount of traffic they can bring to a campaign?
    Yes, Google is the primary search engine that most people use. So you are going to get far more hits with Google than you would any other search engine. Although Yahoo is the second most used.

I am finding that Yahoo is better for any entertainment related things though.

I spend and get 3 times more daily/weekly/yearly traffic with Google than Yahoo.

Yahoo does get lower traffic, but I have found that all the campaigns I run for clients on Yahoo, have a tendency to convert at half the cost of Google. When a Yahoo campaign has been built correctly, it can bring in almost as much traffic as Google, but it takes more work to build it out to do this.

yes, i agree with some of the above, but over all google is a more used search engine, whereby yahoo can convert way better in some instances.

Bottom line is not TRAFFIC but conversion. What is your conversion with yahoo and google ..and how much did it cost?

This is the over all bottom line for any advertiser out there...google may send you more traffic but how much of it converted ..where by yahoo might send you less traffic for less cost per click and how much of THAT converted..

Like my father once told me, lets walk and get their...run; and you will miss the beauty of things.

7. Newsletter Signup

+ Reply to Thread